2014 Hidden Mickey Series - The Seven Dwarfs

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by Hiddenmickey2018, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Hiddenmickey2018

Hiddenmickey2018 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I received a couple of hidden mickey pins recently that I do not have in my collection for comparison that I have reservations about. Looking for opinions. To me the nubs look too small, and the mickey waffle looks too pinched in the ears. Plus the font looks wonky.
    Pin 1 front
    [​IMG]

Pin 1 back
    [​IMG]

Pin 2 front
    [​IMG]
    Pin 2 back
    [​IMG]

Appreciate the time to look. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. Hiddenmickey2018

Hiddenmickey2018 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

3. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I happen to have my HM pin bags out at the moment. Mine came from WDW picked up by either me or my parents. When we collect, we collect 3 sets (one for each of us, and a 3rd for a West Coast friend). Collecting 3 sets usually weeds out the fakes, and I think a fair amount of this set came via trading at the CM trading at Cast Connection (my parents were pretty regular when this series came out) and those are "fresh" boards (they don't put the pins people give them on the boards). So I am as confident as you can be that mine are authentic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I notice that Sneezy's eyelids aren't filled in very well on yours vs mine. And the Mickey heads in the waffle, are arranged in a different pattern (I don't know if the pattern changes if they do multiple runs). EDIT: Since I have the bag out, I was putting away some pins I got out of the white pouches. The Mickey waffle and nub placement MATCH the ones I collected in 2015, so now I'm wondering if "pattern differences" is a surefire way of picking out bad pins...

The nubs on mine are comparable to any of the recent HM series, so if you compare to your recent pins out of pouches, the size should match.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  4. Hiddenmickey2018

Hiddenmickey2018 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks hopemax. I thought they looked a little wonky. The nubs were the first clue to me that they seemed suspicious and are smaller than newer pins.