• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2017 PTD Discussion Thread - UPDATED 11/28/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 PTD Discussion Thread - UPDATED 11/28/17
I added them earlier today right after the flip but pinpics hasn't approved it yet. Me I love the owl, he's so cute LOL

3f2d247eb81b83672ec97aca4d9c086b.jpg

576eaaab1c28507c60b18b95221508a5.jpg

Still, the ice cream is the best part! ;P

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Jennnyyy! c: That's the one I want - tho Dug would be super cute too. I think you'd get a LOT of takers for a trade auction tbh. XD

I am not an UP collector, but even I love that Dug. Someone put him on pinpics so I can add to my wants.....

Agreed, he is absolutely precious in that pin. I like the PTD pins where the characters are more 'interactive' with the ice cream than ones where a stock pose is just slapped next to an ice cream sundae.

Last edited:
Agreed, he is absolutely precious in that pin. I like the PTD pins where the characters are more 'interactive' with the ice cream than ones where a stock pose is just slapped next to an ice cream sundae.

He's on Pin Trading Database! :)

I agree. I love the Si and Am and the Toulouse and the Robin Hood, because they are more in character.

I have an opportunity to go to the Disney Soda Fountain Store in July but it will be on a Monday afternoon. Is it worth going out of the way since most PTD are released on Friday and are usually sold out fairly quickly? I'll have already been at California Adventure earlier in the trip and can get ice cream at the Ghirardelli's there so this is more for the pin opportunities than the ice cream. :)

I have an opportunity to go to the Disney Soda Fountain Store in July but it will be on a Monday afternoon. Is it worth going out of the way since most PTD are released on Friday and are usually sold out fairly quickly? I'll have already been at California Adventure earlier in the trip and can get ice cream at the Ghirardelli's there so this is more for the pin opportunities than the ice cream. :)

There are always some pins available there. PTDs are hit or miss as far as characters go. They are released when one set sells out, so it could be any day unless they have a period where they're only releasing new ones on certain days. It gets complicated, but they have current rules posted on FB. They always have OE pins and leftovers from LE releases, though. Also, it's right next to the El Capitan theater which is worth going to if you want to see a movie and the Chinese theater is right across the street if you want to see the handprints and the boulevard stars are all along the sidewalks plus a couple of museums right near there. If you've never been to Hollywood, there are a lot of things to see/do there if you have some time.

Thanks for the info! I have been to Hollywood but I really haven't had a chance to explore since they "Disney-fied" the area around the Chinese theater. I guess I'll add it to the itinerary and will check it out. One more question... Are the OE pins exclusive to the Disney Soda Fountain store or same as the parks?

There are always some pins available there. PTDs are hit or miss as far as characters go. They are released when one set sells out, so it could be any day unless they have a period where they're only releasing new ones on certain days. It gets complicated, but they have current rules posted on FB. They always have OE pins and leftovers from LE releases, though. Also, it's right next to the El Capitan theater which is worth going to if you want to see a movie and the Chinese theater is right across the street if you want to see the handprints and the boulevard stars are all along the sidewalks plus a couple of museums right near there. If you've never been to Hollywood, there are a lot of things to see/do there if you have some time.

Thanks for the info! I have been to Hollywood but I really haven't had a chance to explore since they "Disney-fied" the area around the Chinese theater. I guess I'll add it to the itinerary and will check it out. One more question... Are the OE pins exclusive to the Disney Soda Fountain store or same as the parks?
The OE pins are also exclusive to the soda fountain. ^_^

Going to DSF is worth it just for the experience. Plus, who knows. You might score a surprise release. I did. ^_^. Plus, ice cream, as previously mentioned.

I can't wait to get back there next year.

Going to DSF is worth it just for the experience. Plus, who knows. You might score a surprise release. I did. ^_^. Plus, ice cream, as previously mentioned.

I can't wait to get back there next year.
That sounds like a meet-up opportunity! ;D

I'm doing that race weekend, and it's my birthday weekend. Just sayin'. ;)

Ice cream, PTDs, and pins all around!

Once we register and decide when we're flying I'll let you know. I'd stay a week, but the boyfriend is a teacher and can't take time off the same way I can. We're going to stay near DLR, but will have a car. He's never been to CA and I'm excited to see his reaction to the wonderful weirdness that is Hollywood Blvd and to Disneyland itself. Imagineers are his heros.

Mr. Jirachi just came back from the Soda Fountain. He said they only had Deacon Owl left. The other two are sold out. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back