2018 Disney Doll Releases - NON Limited Edition (Classic, Animator, etc.)

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Apr 11, 2018.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

So I thought it would be a good idea to talk about the non-LE dolls from Disney. Classic, Animators, etc.

2. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

From Disney Limited Edition Dolls Buying Selling Trading (on Facebook):

[​IMG]

DisneyJ and Disneychildwithin like this.
  3. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Great idea! I saw the Ursula classic doll on shopdisney.com a few days ago, and I heard ther is going to be a Vanessa doll, too.

bookhugger likes this.
  4. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

The Special Edition Tink is now on shop Disney.

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

And.....did you buy her???

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  6. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Guilty...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bookhugger and starry_solo like this.
  7. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

Pictures of Tink from one of the LE doll groups on FB:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  8. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I really love the new Tink doll but I do not need her. *must have self control* lol

starry_solo likes this.
  9. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

Do you guys know when the US disney store will have the new wedding classic dolls? I know European stores have them now but I haven't heard anything about US stores yet...

10. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

My guess would be they come with this years new classic dolls, like Ariel did last year. But that's just a guess.

Beryl likes this.
  11. shooting4ownhand

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

So far the Ariel wedding doll has hit the stores. I am not sure when the other ones will.

Beryl likes this.
  12. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

I went to my local Disney Store yesterday and the new wedding classic dolls weren't there:( I thought those dolls were part of the 2017 classic dolls but released later like Ursula, as package design of the classic dolls change each year. But I guess they are part of this years new dolls. I hope they arrive at US stores soon!

13. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

The 2018 classic dolls are up! They are $14.95 each ($2 cheaper than last year's model) and still no sign of the wedding dolls:(
    I really like the new costumes for Eric and Aladdin though.

14. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

For me, only Fix-it Felix appears. I just wanted to look at the pictures :(

15. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

I screenshotted some of them before fix-it Felix appeared. I will upload them after I figure out how to.
    Anna has the new mold as the frozen adventure version (I prefer the old mold), and there is a Gaston doll added to the lineup. Rapunzel's face mold changed slightly but I think Disney still could do better on Rapunzel' face. I feel like they never get Rapunzel's face right...

16. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

17. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Wow, thank you so much!!!

18. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thank you! I prefer the old mould on Anna, too, so I'll hunt down another one for 'just in case'

19. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

shopdisney works again for me :) They come with rings instead of friends. Looks like overskirts with glitter pattern is this years theme, the articulation is flat feet with klick knees again this year :( Pocahontas got a plastic necklace this year:
    [​IMG]

Bride Ariel is from last year. :)

So far I've seen the other brides only in the online stores in Europe, they appeared a few weeks ago. I can't say anything about physical stores but I believe they are available there, too.

20. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

Oops, sorry for spamming all those classic doll info in this thread last night. I forgot that there was a different thread for the non LE dolls and just clicked this thread by spotting "12 inch dolls." I will be more observant next time!

21. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

I am still waiting for the wedding dolls :( I have been going to my local Disney Store almost every week after hearing about the wedding dolls spotted in the UK, but I don't know anymore. And I don't think I saw this year's Flynn doll on ShopDisney. Maybe he will be added later this month?

22. shooting4ownhand

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Her face mold has been getting better. Still not completely movie accurate but better. I hate how they keep simplifying her dress though. That is driving me up the wall.

I really like the new dress for Cinderella. Still now feeling the platinum blonde hair but we aren't going to get it the strawberry blonde any time soon.

23. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

I really don't like her new dress too. First they got rid of the sleeves last year, and now they got rid of the double layer thingy on her dress! I know these classic dolls are not the fancy dolls made for the collectors, but I feel like they could still have add the extra details like they did years before. At least her face mold is rounder and cute. I just hope DS get her face mold right by her 10th anniversary.
    I also like Cinderella, Elsa, and Jasmine's new dress. I like how they printed the little jewel details on Elsa's dress. It is much better than putting glitter all over the top. I might pick her up this time!

24. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

So I went to my local Disney Store today, and the new classic dolls were there! Tiana's new dress is huge (I like it), and that was the first thing I noticed from the classic doll section. Rapunzel's new face mold was cute, but it was not that much different from last year's one. But I really liked this year's packaging.[​IMG]
    I feel like I have seen that Rapunzel art many times before, but I really like that watercolor touch!
    [​IMG]
    And Rapunzel and Eugene were so cute, I just had to take a pic of them.
    Sorry for the massive photo size. I don't know how to shrink them:(
    Anyways, I will definitely get this year's doll. I still don't like the dress but very pleased with the packaging design. I am just waiting for this year's Eugene doll (and the wedding dolls if they are even going to come to the US?) so that I can pick them up together.

25. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thank you so muyh for the photos! I like them big, so I can see all the details. :) I agree, the packing is cute this year for sure. I'm sure those wedding dolls will appear in the USA too, Ariel came and she is part od the same series. And sometimes the UK online store has things a lot sooner. Toddler Animator Flynn, too appeared there a good deal earlier than in the USA.