2018 docfish2u's annual pin party

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by docfish2u, Jan 14, 2018.

1. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Just letting you know, the otter figurine was also from @PrettyOmi. ️ But you’re very welcome for the other things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timeerkat likes this.
  2. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Little Otter was from me! I practically threw him at you haha

3. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Look, I'm glad you all had fun and blah blah. But NOT ONE of you took a picture of all this pie you keep raving about????

This forum has really gone downhill lately ....

4. PixiePost

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

We were too busy scarfing it down to snap pics.

[​IMG]

pretty Omi likes this.
  5. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    363   0   0

It doesn't last long enough Ann LOL

6. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

If there are no pictures, you didn't really eat it!!!! :p

7. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

WHY WERE YOU TESTING YOUR CAMERA ON MEEEEEEE

8. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

You don't look bad in that picture, just be glad you don't look like @PrettyOmi ;P

9. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    250   0   0

I thought you were delivering it for her, haha. Thank you very much for my otter! :3

10. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

So it’s a significant otter!

11. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    377   0   1

You got the DLP Lion King event pin, yay! I was working on a trade for it for you, do you still need the parade pin from DLP?

12. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Yeah, I forgot to message you today because of the surprise! I need the parade and OE pins though, thanks for asking! :D

mickeymousje likes this.
  13. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    377   0   1

No problem! :D I will get the OE the end of next week and I will get that parade pin for you too :D
    I will look at your wants tomorrow if I can find more of them ;)
    Glad you where able to get the pins today! I’m hoping for Mother Gothel, Disney doesn’t like me these past weeks lol

14. TheRetroNerd

TheRetroNerd Active Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

[​IMG]

lol

Ajk, pretty Omi, Purplemandms and 2 others like this.
  15. TheRetroNerd

TheRetroNerd Active Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Right !?
    [​IMG]

Purplemandms likes this.
  16. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    250   0   0

Taking photos of pie just slows down the eating of the pie.

Here are the pies I ate, in this order:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lemon cream cheese
    Cheesecake
    Chocolate silk

Lemon cream cheese was my favorite since the tartness of the lemon broke up some of the sweetness of the cream cheese cheesecakeyness. I usually don't go for chocolate pies, but theirs was really good.

I was going to bring a whole pie home with me but by the time I left (after 10pm!) they were sold out of most of their pies.

AshleyV and sirradel like this.
  17. sirradel

sirradel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I’m still bummed I couldn’t make it! My brother was graduating so I had no choice

18. PixiePost

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Okay, I had so much fun the other night - And I have SO many people to thank!

But first, pictures:

[​IMG]

Okay, these were all the pins I traded for or were zapped throughout the night, with the exception of a top secret few I traded for that will be zaps for other people.

I traded with so many people that I am not even going to try to name them all because I know I’ll accidentally leave someone out.

I was zapped by @timeerkat (Dole Whip Pin), @AshleyV (Chuckles!), and @Ksnuggles (Lost Boys Pin). (These were just the pin zaps, people!)

I was practically zapped by Janice a.k.a. @Jrdnsmom who gave me this AMAZING cats pin for an OE BoxLunch set. My favorite pin of the night by far. It has both Figaro AND Lucifer in it!

[​IMG]

Also, someone gave me this Cinderella pin in exchange for keychains. I don’t remember who you are if you are on the forum, but I’m still amazed by your generosity!

[​IMG]

Now, for non-pin items:

[​IMG]

I hope I got everything in.

Okay, first off, OMI omg. @prettyomi not only picked me up and drive me to the event, but gave me so many things throughout the night. I got a birthday card, free comic books(!!), stickers (including a custom one of all the Disney cats!), a Ramsay Bolton mystery mini (I love him; don’t judge), a little Figaro vinyl, and an adorable Figaro tsum tsum brooch (made by @Pinasaurus!). Thank you, thank you for everything, and my apologies if I left anything out!!!

[​IMG]

Secondly, @Romancing_Train not only traded me a bunch of amazing pins but also made me the sweetest thing ever - a new name badge featuring my Belated fur kid Ashi:

[​IMG]

Okay, next up, @AshleyV was handing out gifts left and right - and aside from zapping me with a new Chuckles pin for my clown collection, zapped me with a Louie figurine for my best friend and the cutest little Figaro toy ever:

[​IMG]

Darice @pincrazy brought a bag of tsum tsums and told me to pick out whatever I wanted. When my eyes landed on this little cutie, I fell in love:

[​IMG]

She’s an awesome little opossum from Splash Mountain. She has a wee little bow and a fat rat tail! I’ve gotten really picky about what tsum tsums I add to my collection anymore, but she was just impossible to resist. Thank you, Darice!

[​IMG]

I also got this silly little Cheshire plush from @ConniesHobby. Love it!

@Blurkishgirl made these really yummy cookies shaped like pie:

[​IMG]

David was kind enough to share his with me, so I know it was DELICIOUS. But I brought mine home to my grandmother, who has the sweetest tooth in Southern California:

[​IMG]

She says thank you! LOL.

Last but not least, a beautiful handmade necklace from Amy (Docfish2u’s wife), who knows my style well. (I was once a bit of a goth and still enjoy dressing the part at times. And I LOVE anything related to bats, so the wings on this thing are perfect.)

[​IMG]

The Canadian flag was from @CanaDaLE, who it was a pleasure to finally meet! The buttons were from @Jrdnsmom (the Rapunzel one) and her dad “Abe,” who I finally had the pleasure of actually trading with.

Also, of course, thanks to David a.k.a. @docfish2u for throwing this whole party year after year. It is truly my favorite social event ever. I love all you people.

Sadly, I did not take any pictures at the actual event. Are there any more besides the one @avatarang posted?

We really need to remember to take a group photo next year!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  19. Blurkishgirl

Blurkishgirl Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Oh my goodness! How sweet, you totally made my year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

PixiePost likes this.
  20. docfish2u

docfish2u Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight

Rating - 100%
    732   0   0

We are home now. What a great time we had with our socal family! First and foremost we need to thank Darice (PinCrazy). She is the one who sets up everything so all we have to do is fly down and throw the party. It would be so much harder to do without her tireless help. You are truly amazing Darice.

Secondly, thank you so much @Blurkishgirl those pie cookies are amazing. What do I have to do to get more?

Thirdly, we missed a few people this year. I am sorry that things came up that made you miss the event. You were missed greatly and we hope to see you next year. Please take care of yourselves.

Lastly, for those who attended our event, we are so thankful for you all. The love we feel at these events is very addicting. It is a chance to get to spend time with our extended family and we treasure it. Thank you to everybody who traded with us and zapped us.

We had planned on having next years event on Star Wars day next year, but we think it will be better if we do Saturday April 27th, 2019.

See you all next year.

21. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

[​IMG]

PixiePost and pretty Omi like this.
  22. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

You'd better be! ;P

23. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

My mimi and I ate having lunch and she asks me, "who is that nice young man who collects lion king, why didnt you trade him?" Mimi we collect the same thing, i cant give him all of my things. "...oh. Well he's really cute."

24. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Heh, mimi knows how to pick them! XD

25. docfish2u

docfish2u Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight

Rating - 100%
    732   0   0

So I just heard from Marie Calendar's, next years event will be April 27th 2019. So that Tessa can make it. :)

Let the count down begin