• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controversial statement: it's prettier than the heroines.

It also shows more true character/uniqueness. I'm not even totally bitter about the heroines, for the SOLE fact that both of my collections were served in the first batch, when things were only mildly insane (HA) ... but after a while, the formula got a bit tedious.

I got one as a "trader" (meaning if I get stuck with it, I won't be upset (meaning I'm gonna get stuck with it, which is awesome :D)).

I'm a little sad now that I didn't get stuck with one as a trader, ha ha. It really is a lovely tribute to an amazing and inspiring character ...

I was wondering where they'd pop up next. The second wave usually lasts a bit, and then the third wave is around for a while. I'll be all over the place on Thursday, so I'll give a report. :3

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
I was at Disneyland yesterday (Father’s Day) and checked all the regular pin places. The Emporium on Main Street had them in the case, but face down so they were hard to see. I didn’t buy any, so no clue how many they had.

Congrats to those who snagged the Mulan pins! I was actually awake during that time but forgot to check the site as I was working on a project. The pin set is very pretty!

*shows up five days late to cry over pretty Halloween pins* October's always rough for me as a villain collector lol

Darn, I was hoping for some cool new Lock, Shock and Barrel pins around Halloween (I'd be happy even with just ONE cool unique new one!) but all I see here is art they've used many times before. Disappointing. :(
I'm also hoping for some great NBC pins since this year is the movie's 25th anniversary, and while I've seen tons of pins for other anniversaries around here, so far zip for NBC. Also disappointing. Do you folks who know more than me think it's likely this might still happen when it gets closer to October? Or am I just gonna have to hope the 30th anniversary warrants some cool stuff?

I would like to second this And no Hocus Pocus either! It's the 25th anniversary for both films, I would have thought they'd be going all out. Maybe when MNSSHP pins are released?

I would like to second this And no Hocus Pocus either! It's the 25th anniversary for both films, I would have thought they'd be going all out. Maybe when MNSSHP pins are released?

There have only been five official Hocus Pocus pins ever released. Three are DSF marquees, one was from the 2016 MNSSHP, and one was from a D23 member event. The sixth would have been last year's MNSSHP but it was pulled due to artwork theft. I assume there will be one this year if they do the Hocus Pocus Spelltacular again and there are no artwork shenanigans.

Maybe they will do something closer to Halloween for the anniversary?

There have only been five official Hocus Pocus pins ever released. Three are DSF marquees, one was from the 2016 MNSSHP, and one was from a D23 member event. The sixth would have been last year's MNSSHP but it was pulled due to artwork theft. I assume there will be one this year if they do the Hocus Pocus Spelltacular again and there are no artwork shenanigans.

Maybe they will do something closer to Halloween for the anniversary?
I hope so! I know there's not a lot, but they've been doing more in recent years with the Villian Spelltacular (last year's snafu notwithstanding). And they are releasing a book for the 25th anniversary so they're definitely aware of it. I was just hoping for a pin and I got super excited by the Halloween pins lol

Maybe there will be more Halloween pins previewed at Animation Celebration? I'm not collecting Hocus Pocus anymore but I'd still love to see the film get pin recognition!

My friends and I cosplay the Sanderson sisters so with that combined with my villains collection I'm always on the lookout for pins of my three favorite witches :p And no Nightmare anniversary pins is just plain weird to me.

I saw it on insta. The price is steep at 69.95. I would pay that much for a keeper, but not a trader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I saw it on insta. The price is steep at 69.95. I would pay that much for a keeper, but not a trader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
They're also huge. But you're right, definitely not a good trader for that price...

They're also huge. But you're right, definitely not a good trader for that price...

It’s described “with box”. I was thinking, it better be in a box for a super jumbo. Looks really nice. The Pinocchio spinner is cute....with box. Wish there were super jumbos for all the movies and attractions with anniversaries!

It’s described “with box”. I was thinking, it better be in a box for a super jumbo. Looks really nice. The Pinocchio spinner is cute....with box. Wish there were super jumbos for all the movies and attractions with anniversaries!
I imagine it's like the Aristocats New Year pin.

someone posted a pic to one of the FB trade/see groups.

It is very nice,,,might have to try & get one since it has Khan on it

We in the uk never did get the Mulan pin today :( I've called Disney and a manager is going to call me back as in the email they sent me it showed the pin in it and I will be asking about the le pins and when they will be back on ds uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back