• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2019 pin releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay that was my first time ever knowing about the DLR event when the link went up. By the time i clicked through it said sold out. 33 minutes after assuming the link went live at 3 pst. Wow. So with these events do you have to have your own park admission as well as the trading ticket? If so, i didn't miss anything, in which case woohoo. If not, sadness is creeping in LOL.
Congrats to those who got in :)

Okay that was my first time ever knowing about the DLR event when the link went up. By the time i clicked through it said sold out. 33 minutes after assuming the link went live at 3 pst. Wow. So with these events do you have to have your own park admission as well as the trading ticket? If so, i didn't miss anything, in which case woohoo. If not, sadness is creeping in LOL.
Congrats to those who got in :)
For DLR, yes, do you have to have park admission as far as I know. WDW has them at resorts.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, for DLR you do need separate park admission. The trade event is taking place in the Starcade in Tomorroland and park entry is not included in the trade event reservation. That's why the DLR trade events are pretty much all Annual Passholders.

so i have never ever been to a pin trading event, but i just registered for the may florida one. i filled out the rsp's for myself and hubby but i don't entirely understand them. how do we learn what rsp's we get? also are we obligated to purchase all of the rsp's we selected once we get there? also, if a pin is , say le 500, how many are allocated to the event? i don't even know how many people attend the event. so sorry but all i have ever done is purchase pins and trade in the parks with cast members. thank you to anyone who can explain. i am not even sure if i will bring pins to trade or just look around? feeling a little overwhelmed on this. thanks to anyone who can offer guidance : )

New boxlunch wave
Ursula/Vanessa lenticular
11788293_av2

11794317_av1

These scary things
11794321_hi

11794319_hi

+thumper, moana, prince eric statue

so i have never ever been to a pin trading event, but i just registered for the may florida one. i filled out the rsp's for myself and hubby but i don't entirely understand them. how do we learn what rsp's we get? also are we obligated to purchase all of the rsp's we selected once we get there? also, if a pin is , say le 500, how many are allocated to the event? i don't even know how many people attend the event. so sorry but all i have ever done is purchase pins and trade in the parks with cast members. thank you to anyone who can explain. i am not even sure if i will bring pins to trade or just look around? feeling a little overwhelmed on this. thanks to anyone who can offer guidance : )
So the RSP (Random Selection Process) is where you put in your requests, in order or preference, and Disney will randomize everyone and hand out pins according to that randomization. If you want pre than one of any given pin, put them on the second rsp, and third if you want yet another.

Basically, you'll want to put the thing you want most with the lowest LE size first. The regular pins (Le 4000) should almost definitely NOT sell out via the rsp. And the puzzle boxes are even less likely to sell out. So of you want one of the jumbos or the box sets, list those first. :)

Around April 19th or so, Disney will email you with your awarded pins and you'll be charged shortly after. :)

So the RSP (Random Selection Process) is where you put in your requests, in order or preference, and Disney will randomize everyone and hand out pins according to that randomization. If you want pre than one of any given pin, put them on the second rsp, and third if you want yet another.

Basically, you'll want to put the thing you want most with the lowest LE size first. The regular pins (Le 4000) should almost definitely NOT sell out via the rsp. And the puzzle boxes are even less likely to sell out. So of you want one of the jumbos or the box sets, list those first. :)

Around April 19th or so, Disney will email you with your awarded pins and you'll be charged shortly after. :)

thank you so much for the reply merlyn : ) do you have any recommendation as to how early to arrive? does everyone who attends trade or do some just go to pick up pins and look? we happen to be there for our wdw vacation that day so that is why i decided to register. it is our last day tho so not sure how much time we will spend there. thanks again for the info : )

thank you so much for the reply merlyn : ) do you have any recommendation as to how early to arrive? does everyone who attends trade or do some just go to pick up pins and look? we happen to be there for our wdw vacation that day so that is why i decided to register. it is our last day tho so not sure how much time we will spend there. thanks again for the info : )

Trading is definitely big there, though it can be a bit hit or miss depending on what you're looking for. If you want to spend some time walking around the tables, I'd definitely bring some traders. :) I usually go with kind of low expectations for trades, but I'm usually surprised with my haul. :)

As for when to arrive, I'd say about an hour before is fine if you don't want to mess with the line for pickups or buying additional pins. If that's not a huge priority, then just pop in whenever. People do trade in line! So that's kinda fun.

There's also the pin preview boards (my personal favorite) and the pin team who loves to talk to us and answer questions. Sometimes the designers are there and will sign as well!

If it's your last day, you'll probably be pretty tuckered out. So just go with the intent to pick up your goodies and maybe give a gentle glance at a few tables. :) this one will be in the Coronado, so much more spacious (and air conditioned...) than last one. Hahah!

Trading is definitely big there, though it can be a bit hit or miss depending on what you're looking for. If you want to spend some time walking around the tables, I'd definitely bring some traders. :) I usually go with kind of low expectations for trades, but I'm usually surprised with my haul. :)

As for when to arrive, I'd say about an hour before is fine if you don't want to mess with the line for pickups or buying additional pins. If that's not a huge priority, then just pop in whenever. People do trade in line! So that's kinda fun.

There's also the pin preview boards (my personal favorite) and the pin team who loves to talk to us and answer questions. Sometimes the designers are there and will sign as well!

If it's your last day, you'll probably be pretty tuckered out. So just go with the intent to pick up your goodies and maybe give a gentle glance at a few tables. :) this one will be in the Coronado, so much more spacious (and air conditioned...) than last one. Hahah!

thank you so much for your help : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back