• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

3rd times the charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd times the charm?

GhostTrains

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hello everyone,
I became a member many years ago but in 2007 I had life changes and stopped collecting.
I bought a house 2 years ago and found my collection again. I tried to get it straitened out and posted here about it but it became too overwhelming and I ducked out...

Our History:
Eric and I started collecting in 1999? I collected anything Haunted Mansion, Nightmare, RXR, and event pins.
Eric collected holiday pin sets. We have 98% of the pin backer cards for every pin.. Crazy right? :crazy: We collected until 2007 but life changed and pins went into storage.
With the purchase of the house, I emptied storage and found them.. Four 50 gallon totes of them..
I have been trying to get through them but it is hard to do with things that have memories attached to them.. I have taken pictures of everything I have in the storage closet.
There is one more tote not here but here is most of my collection.. You can see all the pins that are in the albums by looking up ppnhli and Jack-DisneyRxR-Mansion-Guy...

I am not trading pins sorry

These pins will be getting sold and I will try to make sure everyone gets a chance at some...

Please do not message me about buying single pins or the whole the collection. Those messages will go unanswered.

Here is my collection! ( I am sorry I don't know how to add a link to all of them but if you click this link and then click "Back to album" on the upper left of the page you will see them...

http://s821.photobucket.com/user/ppnhli/library/pins

Happy Hunting,
Kirk & Eric

Last edited:
Wonderful collection! Sorry to hear that you have to let it go, but such is life. The memories will always be there. :) Good luck with your future sales! (I might be PMing you in the future about that pin bag)

Hey all,
Why are pins so heavy? sheesh, :rolleyes:

Starry!
long time.... :wavey:

I finally got the last tote from storage. This one has about 1000 pin backer cards, Ack! I would like to give everyone a fair chance at these pins so I wont be selling via PM.
I hope you all understand. Unfortunately I am missing all my misc trader pins...:sad:

Anyway, This is not a for sale post..
I just wanted to share some history and my collection.
There are pins I am keeping Avatar. When we used to go to Disney, we collected a pin for everything we did.
Each book started with a hotel pin, then food pins, ride pins, event pins, park attraction pins and all in the order we did them.
I can look at a vacation book and know exactly what we did on the trip day by day.. As you can see we went a LOT. :naughty:
My collection is under ppnhli

Questions:
Are scrappers still around?
Is WDW still there?;)
Has trading grown or diminished?
Do they still have the Happy Haunts events?
Are there any new rides since 2007? :D

Kirk & Eric

Last edited:
Ugh..

IMG_2971.jpg

I'll take your 1st question: scrappers/counterfeits are just as common, or possibly more common, as ever. Apart from the usual Hidden Mickey & other OE counterfeits, there are certain sellers on eBay who sell 10 or 20 of the same LE 250 pins per week.

I see...
It is sad that scrappers are so prevalent still.. I am glad I got out when I did.. I received all your Pm's but as I said I will not deal through PM. When the sale posts, you can claim them there.

Why does this conversation keep going to sales?
No sales talk :)

I wont answer pm's about purchasing pins and asking for prices.

Happy trades,
Kirk & Eric

I think I remember you from back in the day! I too took a hiatus from collecting and the boards. Started collecting again about 3 years ago, but only refound this board in the last few months!

LOL, why do people keep posting "PM sent" when you've said multiple times you won't sell via PM haha :wat:

The problem is that I lost my love of Disney... I have not been there since 2008?
I wont be collecting any more sets so what would I do here? lurk? :lurk:
Pin collecting was mostly Eric (yes I am blaming him) :rofl:

We shall see...

Happy trades,
Kirk & Eric

Nothing wrong with lurking, plus you're posts are fun to read.

But I suppose if I didn't have the love of Disney anymore than I would feel the same way...

Do you have any other interests?

Hello and what an awesome collection that you have. As sad it is to hear you are downsizing, I'm glad you're selling it to us fans and collectors here then trying to deal with the auction site. Don't feel awful for your diminished love of disney, it's only natural for people's interests to change as other goals and commitments take root. As fun as I had as a kid and young adult at Disney World, the next time I'll be returning will be as a parent; it's going to be a whole different ballgame seeing my kids' awe the first time they go...

Awww,
I love seeing kids enter the park..
That sounded creepy :eek:

The faces and joy are so great... I once say a little girl cry because she always wanted to go and was about 14.
Unfortunately with the darn Photobucket issue I did go to eBay but I will honor my prices or offers here as long as the pin is not gone already....

I will always love my collection.. It is just a but overwhelming sometimes..

Happy Trades,
Kirk & Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back