• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

#69274 - Impressions Series question

Status
Not open for further replies.
#69274 - Impressions Series question

Aragorn

Yes. That's really my name.
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hello,
I just traded for 69274 and quickly noticed that the back was different from the other Impressions Series pin backs. If you have this series of pins can you let me know what kind of backs they have?

Thanks

Aragorn
if you don't know this series here are pictures.
pin69274
pin69273
pin69256
pin69469

I have the tinker bell one. I just traded for it the other day at DLR. It is gold metal with sanded style back. two posts top and bottom with no nubs. Between the posts is a pin trade logo that says - official (in mickeys forehead), pin trading (on the banner), 2009 (on mickey's chin area). The overall logo is just the Mickey icon with banner( No pointed star circle or anything else). Below that is a box that says Limited Edition 250 and below that the (c) Disney China stamp. All of the writing is raised.

I will try and get the camera out and post a pic of it. In the meantime I hope this helps.

I didn't get my Ariel yet but I did get the Marie. Whats odd about the Marie is that it has a different back than tinker bell or Fantasia. I want to make sure its real.

Last edited:
Is there ant way you could post pictures of yours? I would love to see the differences. It seems odd to me that pins from DS that were released at the same time would have different backs. I could understand your concern on this.

That is a major difference. I am not sure how the back itself grabs me, but the posts look almost like cheap posts that you could pick up at like Michael's. I can't really tell due to the lower resolution, but around the base of the bottom post looks shiny. Glue overrun?

I have a high res copy on my profile.take a look. the posts may look different in the photo but they are almost identical. The 2 things that make me suspicious are the back and the light blue on the front doesn't seem to have a consistent color.

I can't tell definitively. I do have nine (5 are a boxed set) DS pins currently at home and the only one that has the waffle back on it is from 2006. All the rest are 2009 or later. Not that this is conclusive, but it looks like maybe somewhere between 2006 - 08 they switched the style of the backs.

I was going through my boxes of ds.com pins and I do have all 5 pins purchased directly from disney
using Aragron's photos from post #7 ("A" is left side, "B" is right side)
Tinker Bell has the "A" back
King Louie has the "A" back
Ariel has the "A" back
Fantasia has the "A" back
Marie has the "B" back

Thank you so much for answering this Steve!!!
I feel much better about the pin now although it is a really weird that they changed the back on Marie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back