• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

85051 WDI Figment in Sorcerer Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
85051 WDI Figment in Sorcerer Hat

GreyWyvern

Figment Fan Since '84
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So I recently acquired a genuine version of Pin 85051: WDI - Characters in Sorcerer Hats - Figment and I wanted to post a comparison photo for the forums.

85051_school.jpg

Can you guess which one is the legitimate pin? It's a bit tricky because QA on the legit pin run wasn't all that great. I've seen a pin on the card where Figment's wing is coloured purple instead of orange, but the rest of the pin is fine. My legit pin is coloured fine, but there is a scar on the back by Figment's hand.

There are a number of sellers selling fake versions of this pin on eBay and I happened to buy one a couple years ago. You can see it in the pic above on the left. With the pins side by side some differences become obvious:

- The eyes on the fake are that greenish shade you see on so many other Figment fakes.
- The orange enamel is duller on the fake and brighter on the legit pin.
- The metal lines on the fake are noticeably thicker on the fake pin. Especially look at Figment's left leg, belly lines and the thumb on his right hand.
- In general, the metal finish on the real pin is much smoother.
- The metal of the fake pin is much more yellow than the legit pin.
- The text of the "Walt Disney Imagineering" stamp, and the sorcerer hats on the back are much crisper.

Hopefully this helps you in your quest to get this pin!

I wish all pins had good comparison photos like these available! I really wouldn't have been able to tell the difference without seeing them together + with comments. Thanks for the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back