• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A belated thank you for all my birthday gifts

ZAPPED! A belated thank you for all my birthday gifts

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Okay @MERLIN_EMRYS, making me look bad...

1GfO.gif

Like Merlin, I got a bunch of beautiful gifts for my birthday last month - but I am way behind on posting Thank you’s!

First of all, on my actual birthday, the doorbell rang and I received an actual bouquet of flowers - gorgeous tulips. I was sure the bouquet must be from a relative (I don’t have a significant other), so imagine my surprise when I looked at the card and found out they were from none other than DPF’s very own @Merryweather!

bf2a643350389506233d126f972ba9d6.jpg

4cb949f1c1ba7e5c5d556eea856d843d.jpg

Selena and I were both born on May 9, and we’ve exchanged cards and small gifts ever since, but never anything so extravagant! I am not used to receiving flowers and these were so bright and beautiful. They truly lit up the room. Thank you so much, Merryweather!

1e897d95987ded001066058823813aa5.jpg

Also on my birthday, I received a package overseas from @jennisney. I don’t think Jennifer is very active on the forum anymore, but she is a total sweetheart. Even if you don’t know her, you might be familiar with her artwork of the Disney princesses as pugs!

6f9bf93ae5baf7658b28998e542aee8e.jpg

For my birthday, she sent me a whole box of goodies from Scotland including some Beauty and the Beast jewelry, Harry Potter socks and buttons (featuring my favorite sweet - chocolate frogs!), and a Pusheen keychain!

abd73101b299534be606645611561ea6.jpg

It was such a sweet and generous package - Just like her! <3

9ebd71485853528b577ab9eacd2a9c19.jpg

Then, a few weeks ago, I got another box from @Merlin_Emrys. I knew he was sending me the Rescuers pin I bought in the mouse co-op.. but had no idea about this Beauty!

b1873430e07f62917b41d2692686495f.jpg

He also sent me a awesome superhero cape that says “Reading gives you superpowers”!

c4cd021ac80357a7cd7de974dc5d2424.jpg

I know Edna Mode wouldn’t approve, but hopefully I won’t be near any turbine engines or missiles when I’m wearing it.

giphy.gif

Lastly, yesterday I received one more package overseas - from my good friend @teddy_ruxpin.

Sabrina always sends such the most thoughtful packages, and this one was no exception...

a5decb5ce658cce0586d4ff5865a7667.jpg

47a5f3a38cf65952ff9adc8b2fefc61d.jpg

5d9008c83d4e8a920a39d7c8b6f26fed.jpg

b1bd8a89357e441714e0cf56111e742a.jpg

f2fb04ea96bc14d474f7ab164a7b02a6.jpg

She sent me SO MUCH STUFF! My favorite things? The Harry Potter postage stamps (️); the Gadget mystery mini happy squeal:), and the Game of Thrones necklace. She definitely got my fandoms covered! And I LOVE the pin of Mickey Mouse dressed in blue holding a present, because he looks like he’s dressed for Hanukkah!

She also sent a Harry Potter Golden Snitch that I THINK is a fidget spinner, a Hello Kitty metal keychain, a Tinker Bell tote bag, a PUG BEACH TOWEL. Also, lots of miscellaneous candy, toys, etc... Just WOW!

Thank you so much for everything, Sabrina. You are a gem.

24rn.gif

I also want to thank all of you who gave me gifts at the pin trading party last month, and all of you who sent me birthday wishes and e-cards online!

I value each and every friendship I’ve made on this forum over the years.

On my birthday (upon receiving the tulips from Selen, and the box from Jennifer), I have to admit I was teary-eyed. I have always been a bit of an outsider, but this hobby has given me *friends*. I have real, actual friendships, with people all around the world.

So thank you, all of you, for that.

2ZrD.gif

HIN1.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats Sora, you are so generous with your zaps it's great to see you on the receiving end. Thank you for posting those princess pugs! lol My daughter is obsessed with wanting to get a pug she's gonna get a kick out of seeing that. Is it art work?

Congrats Sora, you are so generous with your zaps it's great to see you on the receiving end. Thank you for posting those princess pugs! lol My daughter is obsessed with wanting to get a pug she's gonna get a kick out of seeing that. Is it art work?

Yes! Aren’t they adorable? She has a RedBubble site where you can buy her designs on tee shirts and phone cases and stickers and whatnot:
jennisney

She also has an Etsy site (Hand Made Magical Items, Made in the UK by WonderlandWishing) where she sells her handmade mouse ear headbands, as well as her pug designs on badges.

She’s even made one pug princess pin!:

d76431b1c4a0d09a0fbe97553c1b2443.jpg

OMG gonna need to hunt that pin down...can you send me the links?

Not trying to pressure you into anything, but it’s only $7 on her Etsy right now! (Plus about $6 international shipping from Scotland.) I have it and it’s just as adorable in person. :) I’m hoping she turns some of her other designs into pins eventually!

Back