• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

a few things...

a few things...

Rocke01

love to pin trade!
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
321   0   0
First of all I spelled something wrong in a title of an entry and could not edit it. It would be nice if you could edit your title as well as your entry. This would be needed especially if you are combining entries such as selling pins etc.

Secondly, when I posted pictures of my current most sought after pins I found that even though I edited the pictures to be small they still came out the size they were in the beginning. It would be nice if you could edit the size and then have it stay that way when you post.

Third, Is there any way that you can increase the number of pictures we can put in an entry. Currently you can only post 20 pictures in any one entry.

Thanks for the consideration.

First of all I spelled something wrong in a title of an entry and could not edit it. It would be nice if you could edit your title as well as your entry. This would be needed especially if you are combining entries such as selling pins etc.

Secondly, when I posted pictures of my current most sought after pins I found that even though I edited the pictures to be small they still came out the size they were in the beginning. It would be nice if you could edit the size and then have it stay that way when you post.

Third, Is there any way that you can increase the number of pictures we can put in an entry. Currently you can only post 20 pictures in any one entry.

Thanks for the consideration.
I will definitely get to the editing of thread titles ASAP, as i know that is a common concern.

with the other points, i will have to look into the implications and effects on forum performance this may have.

will definitely add these to our growing to-do list :) i'll have an update as soon as i look into this more.

We've upped hte maximum number of images per post to 40/post. This should suit most users' needs.

The issue with editing thread titles also appears to be fixed. If it is still not working, please let us know.

Thank you so much. It is amazing how quickly you jumped on this, especially since I am new to this site. I appreciate the effort, thanks again.

Thank you so much. It is amazing how quickly you jumped on this, especially since I am new to this site. I appreciate the effort, thanks again.
we're dedicated to making this a pleasant experience for everyone :) Quick fixes! we're impatient ourselves and know how good it feels to have things near-instant :)

the time limit for users editing their own thread titles is 1 week.

We also actually upped the images/post to 100, as some people were experiencing problems with eve na 40 images per post limit, especially concerning trade/sale threads. :)

Thanks!

the time limit for users editing their own thread titles is 1 week.

We also actually upped the images/post to 100, as some people were experiencing problems with eve na 40 images per post limit, especially concerning trade/sale threads. :)

Thanks!

Thank you for upping the image amount!

And as for the editing title, I'm a bit confused.
Does that mean you can only edit it up to a week after posting or you can only edit the title once a week?

Thank you for upping the image amount!

And as for the editing title, I'm a bit confused.
Does that mean you can only edit it up to a week after posting or you can only edit the title once a week?
we've change it so that you _should_ be able to edit thread titles for up to 2 weeks after posting. If there are any issues, please let us know! :D

The only problem is that is one is selling pins.... people look at the posting... some buy and then you update your selling page with new pins again. It is a never ending cycle. In the case of selling and or trading pins I think it is important to be able to change your title everytime you update so people know on 10/25 new pins were added for example. There really should be no time limit on updating the title or the contents of a listing if you want to keep the listings down. If there is a time limit you will end up with tons of entries you don't need and the forum will get bogged down with stuff no one is looking at. JMO

The only problem is that is one is selling pins.... people look at the posting... some buy and then you update your selling page with new pins again. It is a never ending cycle. In the case of selling and or trading pins I think it is important to be able to change your title everytime you update so people know on 10/25 new pins were added for example. There really should be no time limit on updating the title or the contents of a listing if you want to keep the listings down. If there is a time limit you will end up with tons of entries you don't need and the forum will get bogged down with stuff no one is looking at. JMO

Point taken. You guys should be able to edit your thread titles indefinitely now :)

Happy posting!

Back