• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A zap most appreciated

ZAPPED! A zap most appreciated

Pinfun

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So last week I was dm’ing with @firechief18 about my pin-funk, inability to really pin-hunt on our last WDW trip, and just all the challenges I’ve had to deal with lately. He asked about my collection so I thought he was going to try to setup a trade with me to boost my spirits. So I responded quickly before heading out of town for a visit I needed to make. I forgot about our conversation and had my plate added to by having to try to convince an elderly relative that they are in fact, with all due respect, of a certain age, and maybe certain changes need to happen in their living situation. Needless to say it was an exhausting week. After I returned home and went to get the mail the next day, it made me smile to see a little brown envelope when I wasn’t expecting anything and am frankly still dealing with the new situation - just over many phone calls rather than in person. Inside said envelope was a “zap just because” with these little beauties:
52284712265_ebf066599f_z.jpg

All so adorable! The purse is going in my collection, the hug is going in my son’s Pluto collection, the Simba will help launch a new collection (kiddo has a few Simba’s but we so rarely find them in the parks - I’m not sure you can call it a collection so much as a few items that look alike :) but he does have an attachment to Simba and the movie so it does seem like it’s meant to become a collection)… and finally two of the 50th Gold Statue pins! I hadn’t found any of these in person, haven’t seen them yet, and thought that’s ok, I don’t need another collection… but they are really cute. Especially having spent time trying to find the physical statues. Now I guess I’m officially hunting the other 34 pins. :)

Thanks firechief18 - you made a challenging few months (and particularly this week) so much better.

Understand what you are going through, my wife and I had the same conversation with her Grandparents 19 years ago. We ended up adding an in-law suite to the back of the house. Her grandfather was with us 5 years before he passed. Her 100 year old grandmother has been with us 18 years and still going. The other hard discussion was about driving. Took an accident with our son in the car to convince her to quit driving. Thankfully it was at a slow speed and no one was hurt. The really great time was when she wanted a computer to get on Facebook to see her grandkids. At the time had our 16 year old son teaching a 90 year old how to get on the internet. She still facetimes.

We just had the same conversation with my Papa. Finally convinced him to move in with my uncle, and his car didn't make the move, so now he and everyone else on the road are exponentially safer. Sending hugs to help you through this difficult time, and congratulations on your wonderful zap.

Back