Aladdin Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Tokaji, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Definitely a solid teaser.

2. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

3. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Still on the fence, but I gotta say, I didn't hate it!

4. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    119   0   0

I was already impressed by the CGI Iago! Looks good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  5. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    376   0   0

I'm very excited for this! Hey Merlin, it comes out just in time for your birthday!

6. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I'm generally cynical of all these live action remakes. I'm not a fan of Will Smith and no one will ever be able to top the genius of Robin Williams so they're going to have to really, really impress to make this one tolerable.

momin.ator likes this.
  7. DoReMarie

DoReMarie Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oh, I can’t wait!

8. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Not sure about that. The first 30 seconds could have been for a Star Wars flix. But we will see. Not wanting to rush to judge. It could get better. I look forward to seeing more trailers.

9. broadwaybookworm

broadwaybookworm Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I will wait and see how the Genie is.

10. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

I really want to see more. I'm sure I'll rent it at least, but not sure if it'll be a trip to the movies. I'm excited to see Will Smith as the genie. That's gonna be a tough one. I hope he doesn't try to imitate Robbin Williams version, but can own it.

Anyone else think Aladdin looks a bit older than expected? I'm hoping that's just because what they showed was a serious bit. Aladdin was a favorite of mine when it came out... Strong princess and lots of magic, humor and action. Still one of the best ever in my opinion. I'm really hope the LA does it justice but can stand on its own.

11. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

I felt the same about Aladdin being old. I'm not sure what they're aiming for with this actor. He's good, but he's 33...

LMB925 likes this.
  12. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Oh, that's a shame. I didn't know he was that old. I didn't do any research on him. Not that it's that old,just old for Aladdin, and Hollywood does that kind of thing all the time, but still, I don't see how he's going to have Aladdin's naive boyish charm. I'm not being negative here, I'm still waiting to reserve opinion. Beauty and the Beast was much better than I thought it would be, although very different than the original. I think it held it's own by not being a complete recreation of the animated film. Hopefully Aladdin will do the same.

Tokaji likes this.
  13. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I'm really trying to keep an open mind and reserve judgment until I've seen the movie but ... this. Exactly this. Aladdin was my childhood and as far as I'm concerned, Robin Williams IS and always will be the Genie. He literally created the role; in fact he ad-libbed so much of it, I believe the movie was disqualified from consideration for several Academy Award accolades.

Part of me hopes that they create something new, wonderful, and completely different from the animated masterpiece ... and part of me wonders if it'll be possible for me to watch ANY version of a Disney Aladdin and not compare back to their animated original, particularly where the Genie is concerned.