• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips?

tiffany.onyeyiriuche

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I am relatively new, I would love to gain all the knowledge I can about trading. Are there any tips I should know about trading online via PinPics, Facebook, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can definitely browse the forums here. I think there are some stickied threads that might be worth reading (esp to learn about scrappers and stuff).

I think the key takeaways of online shipping:
  • BUBBLE WRAP YOUR PIN(S). Tissue paper is not sufficient.
  • Use a BUBBLE MAILER!! Bubble wrapping alone is not sufficient.
  • Mail via USPS First Class Large Envelope. I think it's now $3.50 up to 4oz (which is approx like 2-4 pins) and includes tracking
  • Take pics of your package before you drop off in the mail for your record
  • Send the tracking number to your trader
  • Keep good communication. Life happens and you might not mail the day you said you would, so just keep them updated.
Feel free to ask specific questions, so members will know what you really need help/ clarification with.

In addition to the above, remember that you do not need to accept every trade offer that comes your way. Always remember to us common sense; if an offer seems too good to be true, it likely is. Never make a trade unless you are 100% comfortable with it. A polite 'no thank you' is just as acceptable an answer as an 'I'd like to make this trade, please.'

You also can politely counter-offer if a trade isn't quite to your liking; sometimes a negotiation gets started and amazing trades have developed.

Definitely continue to ask questions. I think that's the best way to learn; we all were new once, know how it feels, and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back