• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beauty and the Beast [2017] Merchandise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty and the Beast [2017] Merchandise Discussion
I got Lumiere and Cogsworth, I am so excited to see them in person!

I really love these, but I'm still a little annoyed that they (accidentally) released a portion of these at the Disney Theme Parks, and people were able to purchase Cogsworth for $149.95. You think Disney would repay our patience my matching that price. A little Disney magic should be more prevalent in these situations. :p

AGREED! Having no access to the parks, it really burned watching people able to buy him for less.

I bought both (Lumiere and Cogsworth) and just got the notification on my phone from my card letting me know what it converted to in my currency - it's waaaay higher than I'd estimated. Having some second thoughts. Any other Canadians, or other countries, in the same boat?

Belle, Cogsworth and Lumiere look so unhappy to me in this live action version. Is it supposed to have a much more somber tone? (I can definitely see how the plotline would fit better with that tone, but it seems unexpected with Disney)

I'm wondering also if Cogsworth has a moving pendulum, or is it just "decorative," as they write, or whether his starry night mouth changes to a sun scene during the day - or starry night always?

And finally, isn't resin a type of plastic so can Lumiere really be used with real candles without damaging him?

So many questions today....

Belle, Cogsworth and Lumiere look so unhappy to me in this live action version. Is it supposed to have a much more somber tone? (I can definitely see how the plotline would fit better with that tone, but it seems unexpected with Disney)

I'm wondering also if Cogsworth has a moving pendulum, or is it just "decorative," as they write, or whether his starry night mouth changes to a sun scene during the day - or starry night always?

And finally, isn't resin a type of plastic so can Lumiere really be used with real candles without damaging him?

So many questions today....

I saw an extended clip showing the well known humorous banter between Cogsworth and Lumiere. So I think there just going with an intricate gothic look, that I'm really loving. These figures are really gorgeous, even though both don't look very happy. Just give them a little love, and they'll come alive and smile at you. :)

Someone on Facebook mentioned that Cogsworth pendants are only decorative, didn't mention the starry/sun scene, but for $180, the top portion should at least be functional. But Disney sometimes withholds the magic to fit there budget. So here's hoping.

And the Lumiere description mentions that it can hold candles, (not that lit candles), so one should keep an eye out if they do use real candles. :p But fake ones would be a lovey solution.

Looks like Lumiere and a Cogsworth finally sold out. I hope everyone who wanted them got them. Can't wait to see pictures and reviews of them

Yeaaaaaaah, loving the box, the doll not so much :p But it is a pretty bad picture and I'd still like to see the back of her dress - that's where most of the visual interest is.

Has anyone seen the pic of the platinum? Why, why, WHY did they make the background so dark, creepy, and dilapidated????

I really like how she turned out! I cant wait to try and get her tomorrow at the Disney Store. I remember people having the same issues with teh Cinderella LA LE dolls and film collection dolls and the LE doll turned out to be great in person. So i am hoping the same for Belle(well i like her from the picture but im sure she will look better in person) Not sure why but Disney Dolls dont photograph well at all at least in stock photos they always look better in person

I'm a little disappointed they didn't make a LE Plumette. I need her, and a similar Deluxe set like the Live Action Cinderella one. Hope they come out with a lot more merchandise, with how well the movie is doing. :)

pluemette%2Bbeauty%2Band%2Bthe%2Bbeast%2Bcostume%2Bprop.jpg

I am very surprised and kind of disappointed that Disney did not do a B&tB collaboration with MAC makeup like they did with the Cinderella live-action movie.

I am very surprised and kind of disappointed that Disney did not do a B&tB collaboration with MAC makeup like they did with the Cinderella live-action movie.

Whoa, you're right! They even did a set for Alice, and BatB always sells. That's so weird/a real shame. I normally pass on the makeup (after the Sephora collab of years past, nothing really compares y'know?) but for this I would have been sorely tempted.

BATB Prince and Belle Set

Hi, has anyone that ordered this set on the U.S. site received a shipping confirmation? I have heard of cancellation emails but no shipping confirmations and my order is currently in limbo! I am dying to know if it is going to be cancelled or shipped!

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone that ordered this set on the U.S. site received a shipping confirmation? I have heard of cancellation emails but no shipping confirmations and my order is currently in limbo! I am dying to know if it is going to be cancelled or shipped!

If you check your order history, and it's still there, I'm pretty sure you're okay. They only just took them down from the Disney Store website, so they should have all the orders sorted out. I would guess they also would have sent you an email by now if it was cancelled.

I'm in the same boat, it's always a little scary waiting for these. (Especially with the Frozen Fiasco of missing dolls.) I hope to hear more good news than bad in this following week. :)

Just got the email today that they've been shipped. Hope you (and others) get theirs soon. :D

Last edited:

Only heard of someone ordering from UK site that already got shipping confirmation.

Hi there!
Is anyone interesting by platinium set?
I sell them for 1200 dollars each.
I'm a french seller ans was able to have some.

If you want to sell the dolls you should post in the for sale section. For anyone else interested they're still available on the UK site for £500.

Last edited:
Funko said in a Q&A on Twitter that they're thinking about making a second wave of Pops. REALLY hope they do. I'd buy Gaston, Plumette, the wardrobe (and piano), and the prince in human form in a heartbeat.

Funko said in a Q&A on Twitter that they're thinking about making a second wave of Pops. REALLY hope they do. I'd buy Gaston, Plumette, the wardrobe (and piano), and the prince in human form in a heartbeat.

I would love a Gaston and Lafou pop! I hope Funko does come out with a second wave of pops. Also I know this is the beauty and the beast thread but I didn't see one for pirates 5 does anyone know if there will be any merchandise at all for the movie? Dolls, pins, mugs something would be nice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back