• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP Best place for pins at DLP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLP Best place for pins at DLP?

sacol4940

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks like we may be off to Disneyland Paris next month, so was just wondering if anyone new the best place to buy/trade pins there please?

On weekend days when there is a new pin release you can head over to the Pueblo Trading Post to be able to purchase the newly released pins & to trade with other members. You'll see everyone sit outside at the picnic tables with their pin books. You'll also find a cast member pin board there (open off & on, mostly afternoon) which you can trade OE and LE pins on.
Alternatively on weekdays you can go to Harringtons on Main Street at 6PM. That's when they take out another pin trading board with both OE and LE pins, so you can trade from it. You'll meet fellow pin traders there too.
I'd definitely advise to head to the hotel shops if you're looking for some older pins (both OE and LE) as they often have some stock that isn't left anymore in the shops in the park.

Have fun!

Everything Piglet said!

Check out the new release poster at the end of this month to see if you'll be around for a release. PTNs are normally towards the end of the month and that'll be on the release poster too in case you wanted to look out for PTN pins.

As above sometimes it is a case of buy it when you see it as not all pins are in all locations.

I'm going there in 9 days time if I can be of any more specific help after that let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do non-US parks have Hidden Mickey releases, too, or is it just OE/LE pins that the CMs trade?

There are also Hidden Mickey releases in Shanghai & Hong Kong, but not in Tokyo. I believe because they have eliminated pin trading there - they also only do limited release pins, no limited edition.

In Paris they release Lanyard Refresh pins every month. You get them exclusively at the monthly pin trading night as a gift with purchase with a cocktail that night, after which they are exclusive to those who purchased that drink for a whole month. After that month they slowly (sometimes very slowly!) get distributed to CM's to put on their lanyards in the park to trade with guests (hence the name "Lanyard Refresh").

However, we do find lots of US & HKDL hidden mickeys on the lanyard in Paris!

On weekend days when there is a new pin release you can head over to the Pueblo Trading Post to be able to purchase the newly released pins & to trade with other members. You'll see everyone sit outside at the picnic tables with their pin books. You'll also find a cast member pin board there (open off & on, mostly afternoon) which you can trade OE and LE pins on.
Alternatively on weekdays you can go to Harringtons on Main Street at 6PM. That's when they take out another pin trading board with both OE and LE pins, so you can trade from it. You'll meet fellow pin traders there too.
I'd definitely advise to head to the hotel shops if you're looking for some older pins (both OE and LE) as they often have some stock that isn't left anymore in the shops in the park.

Have fun!

Thank you :) I did wonder where you bought the new release pins from...

We're staying in a Disney hotel, so we'll deffo check that out...can you just walk into the other hotels to look?

Thank you :) I did wonder where you bought the new release pins from...

We're staying in a Disney hotel, so we'll deffo check that out...can you just walk into the other hotels to look?
You certainly can . In the past I found the largest range of LE pins at the shop in Cheyenne , Yacht Club had the fewest .
Also don't forget to visit the fine art shop in downtown disney , they have LE pins too and they're often overlooked because their merchandise is higher end .
If you're looking for CM trading I'd highly recommend downtown disney , the parks lanyards are often drained of decent pins early but staff in downtown change quite often so you might get lucky .

There are also Hidden Mickey releases in Shanghai & Hong Kong, but not in Tokyo. I believe because they have eliminated pin trading there - they also only do limited release pins, no limited edition.

In Paris they release Lanyard Refresh pins every month. You get them exclusively at the monthly pin trading night as a gift with purchase with a cocktail that night, after which they are exclusive to those who purchased that drink for a whole month. After that month they slowly (sometimes very slowly!) get distributed to CM's to put on their lanyards in the park to trade with guests (hence the name "Lanyard Refresh").

However, we do find lots of US & HKDL hidden mickeys on the lanyard in Paris!

Oh thank you! My friends are going to Shanghai next month and are thinking about going to Disneyland, so I'm trying to see if I can get them to get some Shanghai pins for me! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back