• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Blood drive Olaf pin. Real, fake or scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood drive Olaf pin. Real, fake or scrapper?

Snoffsan

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Im getting really nervous about my Olaf blood drive. I payed, probably too much for it. But back when I bought it it was a good price for it. This is the only pin I have bought that cost me quite some money but I wanted it so bad and never found anyone that would trade for it.
Now I hear that there are fake ones on the market and I get really nervous mine is not authentic.

I wa some pics on a pin that had a different serial number and placement of it. Does that mean anything? Can someone ease my mind? Bought it about 6 month ago. I do want to trust the seller but maybe she got it from someone not so honest.

My pin

So hard to get good pics but there is not miss spellings. The text is really easy to read and I can't find any major paint dips or anything. The pin looks good.

fdaec5b7-3ccd-4adc-ac34-ee0ff88f3713.jpg

ace0138a-1f7e-4953-99c5-e0efc02c2073.jpg

Can take more pics if anyone wants. It will break my heart if I learn that this pin is not authorized, but I want to know.

Except for the code, yours looks identical to mine. I don't know enough about those printed codes to know if they only do one code for each pin for the entire run, or if one pin design can have multiple codes (if they did a second batch of them or something).

Yeah, that's our problem. We don't know enough of what those codes mean. I have the same issues with a couple of mystery pins I've traded for or purchased. The P code is different, but did DL and WDW have different codes, did the initial run have a different code than subsequent runs?

I don't think your pin is fake or counterfeit. But was it packed up, sent to Disney to be distributed, or was it "picked up off the floor and sold in backdoor transaction? That's the line where all collectors have to decide what they're willing to accept. I can't stand it for LE pins, because it destroys the integrity of the edition size, but for a pin like this where we don't know how many were made, or common pins that are already made in the thousands...the line gets blurry. Reason 1237 why I don't pay premium prices for pins. :( As I told another person, at some point if its for your collection, you have to just forget about where it came from or not, and enjoy it for what it is.

I usally don't really care that much if its a pin I like and will keep. Like the first pin Alva got. Now of course I clearly know its from one of those lots from eBay and not authroised Everything is wrong, finish, edges, colors, dips you name it. But its still her first pin and she loves it.

But in this case it had been my girl for a long time and I finally got tired of never being able to trade for it and did what I have never done before or after, I bought it. It was a lot of money. And I would hat it if I payed that much money for a pin that is not real in every way there is.

I still love the pin and it sits in the middle of my display, but now I just can't look at it without wondering if I just got screwed. The pin don't bring a smile to my face any longer! :(

But I will try to think of your reassuring words. I know there was kind of a second wave of the pins. I had a friend who worked as a CM and when she tried in the middle of the year they were out of them, but mother later they had them again so maybe the pins just comes from different batches and thats why the numbers don't match.

If someone really wanted to make fakes or make a scrapper look authentic and faked a serial number stamp you would think they would use the same numbers to lessen the chance to get caught. :) It would be really stupid to use just a few digits off. :)

I usally don't really care that much if its a pin I like and will keep. Like the first pin Alva got. Now of course I clearly know its from one of those lots from eBay and not authroised Everything is wrong, finish, edges, colors, dips you name it. But its still her first pin and she loves it.

But in this case it had been my girl for a long time and I finally got tired of never being able to trade for it and did what I have never done before or after, I bought it. It was a lot of money. And I would hat it if I payed that much money for a pin that is not real in every way there is.

I still love the pin and it sits in the middle of my display, but now I just can't look at it without wondering if I just got screwed. The pin don't bring a smile to my face any longer! :(

But I will try to think of your reassuring words. I know there was kind of a second wave of the pins. I had a friend who worked as a CM and when she tried in the middle of the year they were out of them, but mother later they had them again so maybe the pins just comes from different batches and thats why the numbers don't match.

If someone really wanted to make fakes or make a scrapper look authentic and faked a serial number stamp you would think they would use the same numbers to lessen the chance to get caught. :) It would be really stupid to use just a few digits off. :)

Good price? I remember the scrapper seller on ebay was selling them cheap around a month after its release and they had a lot. I know this pin has a scrapper going around for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back