• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cant save pinpics pictures to pc.

Cant save pinpics pictures to pc.

Shadow Man

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sorry this might be silly but pinpics wont allow me to right click and "save as" to my pc. Am I overlooking something? Is there a different way to go about this? Just trying to make my "most wanted" to put in my signature. Help im not very computer literate, so it seems! :rant:

Would I be safe in guessing that you guys are using Windows PCs, probably using Microsoft Internet Explorer, I have tried a large number of browsers on my Mac and do not have that issue with any of them ...

There are different ways you can go about this, depending on how you want the images to appear (what size, as clickable links, etc.). The coding on Disneypinforum is BB (which is easier than html) so there are a few simple things to do in order to code the images into your signature. :)

If you just want the pictures of the pins in order to save them to Photobucket or something else like that and put them in your signature from there, you can go to the individual pages of PinPics for each pin and press the "prt scn" (print screen) button at the top of your keyboard, and from there ctrl+v (or right click, paste) into a blank MSPaint document, and crop the screenprint down to just the image of the pin. I would suggest putting several pins into the same MSPaint document as signatures on Disneypinforum only allow a limited number of characters! However, this would require you to have to go back in and change your MSPaint document every time you achieved one of your most wanted pins, which can be a chore.

There is a more complicated way to go about it also (but one which would allow you to freely change out which pins are in your signature). If you want the large picture that comes up when a pin is clicked on on PinPics, you would go to that pin's individual page, right-click on the picture, and when a drop-down menu appears, you scroll down to "View image" and click on it with the scroller on the mouse (this is actually a button!), and it will appear to open in a new tab. A window will pop up that says "Opening Pin ____" and ask if you want to view or save it, but you close out that window and you should get a blank page with a code in the address bar. Copy that code and in your signature put it between two [ img ] [ /img ] blocks (minus the spaces). You should wind up with something that looks like this:

pin627

The same applies if you want the smaller image that comes up when a long list is pulled up after an initial search on PinPics. You can also have the pictures be clickable links to the individual pins, if you so choose. To do this, copy the url in the address bar of the pin you want, and around the [ img ] picture url [/ img ] tags, put [ url= url of pin ] [ /url ], minus the spaces - so like [ url= url of pin ] [ img ] picture url [/ img ] [ /url ]. You should wind up with something like this:

This may seem complicated, but it gets easier with practice! But be careful - as mentioned before, Disneypinforum does have character limits for its signatures. If you encounter this problem, TinyUrl is your friend. It will convert the long urls into short ones, and they work just as effectively!

Hope this helps! :)

- Hannah

Last edited:
Back