Changes to FastPass booking window???

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Addicted to Alice Pins, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Whoa whoa whoa ... how did I miss this?

We're heading back to WDW in September, which means (by the old rules) our window for booking FPs would open in a few weeks. (We do not stay on property.) I just opened the app to add the ticket info, and I was poking around and noticed it now says on-property guests can start booking FPs 60 days out and everyone else can book them starting 30 days out.

SINCE WHEN? Is this another result of the Toy Story Land opening chaos and the changes to AP access and stuff? Last year, we as off-property guests were able to book FPs 60 days out (cuz on-property was 90 days out).

Yes, it's still the same time differential for on- and off-property (30 days difference between the two) but MAN. I'm gonna be jumping out of my skin by the time we're allowed to book!

Am I misremembering? I don't feel like I was making FP reservations a mere month before we went!

2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    162   0   0

You are misremembering. It’s been this way since the beginning.

3. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    140   0   0

I encountered the same thing when booking FPs for our trip last month, so it's been in place at least since spring. I was surprised too.

4. LittleBird

Rating - 100%
    140   0   0

If she is, then so am I. I remember it exactly the same as Ann.

5. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

We are often #twinsies, but I can't believe we're both struck by the same mismemory, ha ha. Like, I was genuinely SHOCKED when I saw 60/30.

6. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    162   0   0

You people are just old.

Okay, I dug into the archives. There was a very brief window Jan-Mar 2014 where during MDE testing, some Annual Passholders, staying offsite had a 60 day window. But you can see by this post that APs lost their 60 day window Mar 12, 2014 MyMagic+ News

Here's another post, MDE launched in full to offsite guests Mar 31, 2014 MyMagic+ News

relevant bit:

7. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

Sorry, can't hear you. Let me get my ear trumpet and then you can try again. :p

Thanks for the research. I like Kim's and my version better. Disney should get on that, ha ha ha.

Ajk likes this.
  8. LittleBird

Rating - 100%
    140   0   0

Actual pic of Ann and me:

[​IMG]

9. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

The camera adds 10 years!

DeputyDonald and Ajk like this.
  10. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0

I'm just on property for one day, but it opened up 60 days for forever. So... maybe that's an advantage to staying on property one day per vacation.

11. Walt

Walt Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I'm pretty sure 60/30 has been like that for awhile

12. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Hopemax is correct - 60/30 has been the norm.

However, as of this year, some folks staying at concierge level may now pay an extra fee to get 90 but that's a very recent change and very few eligible for it. Also there's been some discussion of some Disney Springs non-Disney good neighbor type resorts getting the 60 day window, too. Though again that's a very new development.

But again, even a few years ago, it was regularly 60/30.

13. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

I went May 2017 and it was 60 days for us as on-property guests with off-property at 30 days.