• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Chat and Java

Chat and Java

dancecats

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
When I try to go into chat, I get a message that says 'This Chat Software Requires Java' and a link to 'Get Java Now.' The thing is, my computer already has Java installed on it, so I should (in theory) be able to go into chat without problems.

So what I guess I'm asking is which version (I only can assume there is more than one and that's why I can't get into chat) of Java chat is supported by? I'd like to know which different version I'm going to have to download and install in order to chat here.

And if there is only one version of Java, any ideas why the version of Java I have on my computer isn't getting recognised by chat?

So what I guess I'm asking is which version (I only can assume there is more than one and that's why I can't get into chat) of Java chat is supported by? I'd like to know which different version I'm going to have to download and install in order to chat here.

And if there is only one version of Java, any ideas why the version of Java I have on my computer isn't getting recognised by chat?
The version of Java you need depends on your computer's setup. The Java website will detect your system settings and provide the most recent and appropriate version for your computer. Let us know if you still have any problems. :)

Back