• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Christmas and Sketchbook ornaments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas and Sketchbook ornaments
He doesn't mind disney ornaments, if they are Christmas themed so for example I just got a olaf ornamnet and he is wearing a Santa hat so he is ok but for example I want the evil queen decoration but he says it's not Christmassy lol

Okay, so you could find (or make) little doll size Santa hats put them on the ones he doesn't think are Christmassy enough and tell him to deal with it. :) There is the option of another tree as suggested by IAmElsan, or you could try manipulation... Let him know the ornaments make you happy when you look at them and Christmas is a time for happiness. Doesn't he want you to be happy? Make sure you practice an innocent, sad face when you say it. (Disclaimer: I am single and have been for a very long time :))

In all seriousness... If you don't want a second tree, which I could understand as one tree is more special, maybe there is a way you could make Evil Queen a little more suitable for Christmas. It is a really nice ornament. Maybe check out the Christmas miniature decorations and find something to put on it temporarily (it could always accidentally fall off later if you don't like it like that) , or play around with adding a little Christmas themed ribbon. I'm looking at mine now and trying to think how I'd alter it a bit if I was set on adding it to my tree. It hadn't occurred to me before because I was happy to have it displayed with my other Evil Queen figures, but I could see trying a few things out. Maybe some mini presents next to the queen, or a mini tree. I'm not sure what colors you use on your tree, but there are always a ton glittery purple ribbon and decorations out that would go with her.

Last edited:
Does anyone put these ornaments on their christmas tree? My partner is insisting I don't put them on the tree as they are not very Christmassy! He only likes the ones that are Christmas themed.

Some of mine are for the tree, and some of mine aren't. It's mainly the fabric dress princesses I put on the tree. The rest I use more like little sculptures and they decorate our home. Many tend to come out with the appropriate seasonal decorations (e.g., Sally and Jack Skellington are coming out soon when I change my decor from summer to fall, and Alice/Cheshire and Rapunzel at the Window may go away, since they are Spring/Summer looking). Then of course there's my very fave, the Tangled Too wedding ornament, which is actually our wedding cake topper and always on display :)

I do similar seasonal themeing with my dolls. e.g. Elphaba in my profile pic has actually been put in storage for a while, but now that fall is almost here, it's her time. It'll be nice to have her back out soon.

Does anyone put these ornaments on their christmas tree? My partner is insisting I don't put them on the tree as they are not very Christmassy! He only likes the ones that are Christmas themed.
I have the Mulan ornament from a couple years ago that goes on my tree since I have 2 of them. I keep the ornaments out all year round so they don't make it on my tree usually. However, my family's tree is mostly Disney ornaments and football ornaments so most of them are not very Christmassy! We have a few Christmassy Disney ornaments on the tree but not many. Same for football.

Pbbt...

I have many, many Christmas ornaments that in itself aren't "Christmasy." Like ornaments for sports teams (I have a Seahawks Super Bowl Champions ornament. It's a football with a logo, so no Christmas, but it goes on the tree!) or places we've visited. Heck, most of DH family ornaments have nothing to do with Christmas. He has an airplane, football, etc. Most of Hallmark's ornaments aren't Christmasy either.

So again pbbbbbttttt.

The solution, to prevent warfare (in my house it's blinking vs stationary lights, and which ones can be colored and which ones should be white) is multiple trees. They sell artificial trees in all sorts of sizes, so buy a 4 foot tree or a taller one that is narrow, so it can fit in small spaces, and decorate it to your hearts content....says the person who usually has about 6 or 7 trees...

I have a tree at work that I put up every year, and on that I do combination of small ball ornaments (I leave out blank ornaments with markers and stickers and let my coworkers decorate an ornament for the tree) and all sorts of Lion King ornaments. Usually I get a few Lion King ones on my tree at home too, though the past few years we either haven't bothered to get a tree or got one but it never got past the Christmas lights stage (it was impossible to coordinate three roommates' schedules and no one wanted to get a tree or decorate it without the others). This Christmas I'm living with my best friend and I'm positive that we'll have a tree, so I'll be able to display them again.

If DS comes out with Inside Out ornaments I might have to change up the theme of my work tree this year.

And OH MY GOSH I am dying a thousand deaths over how amazing this one is going to be (even though they spelled Skippy *and* February wrong, LOL) :
robskip_zpszqdwxaqj.png

I have a tree at work that I put up every year, and on that I do combination of small ball ornaments (I leave out blank ornaments with markers and stickers and let my coworkers decorate an ornament for the tree) and all sorts of Lion King ornaments. Usually I get a few Lion King ones on my tree at home too, though the past few years we either haven't bothered to get a tree or got one but it never got past the Christmas lights stage (it was impossible to coordinate three roommates' schedules and no one wanted to get a tree or decorate it without the others). This Christmas I'm living with my best friend and I'm positive that we'll have a tree, so I'll be able to display them again.

If DS comes out with Inside Out ornaments I might have to change up the theme of my work tree this year.

And OH MY GOSH I am dying a thousand deaths over how amazing this one is going to be (even though they spelled Skippy *and* February wrong, LOL) :
robskip_zpszqdwxaqj.png

Omg omg omg! Skippy and Robin Hood. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ Is that coming out at Hallmark? Is it one of those sets where one ornament comes out each month? Do you have to sign up to get all of them, or can you buy one separately? (Because I think I need this one. Haha.)

^^^ Is that coming out at Hallmark? Is it one of those sets where one ornament comes out each month? Do you have to sign up to get all of them, or can you buy one separately? (Because I think I need this one. Haha.)

The Robin Hood ornament will be released on the Disney Stores website. It is an online exclusive. Its part of the new yearly line of sketchbook ornaments. Don't think its coming out until later this year or early next year though.

OMG. I just saw these at my local DisneyStore.. While I think that Disney has improved their sculpting and painting, their audio ornaments are just horrible...
In fact, I suspect that that's the reason why you can't test out the audio on the website. Just horrid. And honestly... Disney has no excuse.

Here are the one that I tested out:
1. The Little Mermaid
I just don't understand this ornament. First off, the audio is muffled and very static. It takes a while to actually hear the song because of the loud static sound. But she sings the very last part of Part Of Your World "When is't my turn....." And she looks so happy in the ornament... I would have preferred an ornament with maybe the painting and the fire or one with the final scene with her extending her arm.

2. Tangled
This was a major disappointment because it's the one that I wanted to get the most. So incredibly static-y, you can barely hear the song because the music is louder than the voices in the first place! This was the one time where I would have been happy if Disney included the non-music version like they do with the singing dolls... But they didn't and as a result you can't hear them sing at all! Also, the ornament cuts off mid sentence or word. So they couldn't even put in the effort to fix that. Why am I pissed off about that? Because they left one of the long pauses in between the lines when they could have easily trimmed it down to include more lines. Also, the paint job is really bad.

3. A Whole New World.
Basically the same problems with the Tangled one. The song cuts off when Aladdin says "Now I'm in a a whole new-". That's basically how it cuts off. Just really lazy on their end.

4. Let it Go
This let it go one is the same one from last year, but they replaced the second verse with the last verse... And same problems. Too much static, not loud enough. Get the Hallmark version. It's guaranteed to be better!

Also, a word of caution. The singing ornaments are REALLY REALLY REALLY heavy. Like unbelievably heavy!

Honestly.. The Hallmark ones win this round. Their ornaments are soo good.
disney-65th-anniversary-cinderella-the-clock-strikes-twelve-ornament-root-2995qxd6067_1470_1.jpg

disney-mickeys-fire-brigade-ornament-root-3995qxd6099_1470_1.jpg

disney-fantasia-dancing-hippo-and-alligator-ornament-root-2995qxd6017_1470_1.jpg

And these are much more impressive in action.

Thanks for the heads up on the singing ornaments. I'm really disappointed about the sound quality... but I'll probably end up getting them anyway. I'd love to get those Hallmark ornaments, especially the Fantasia one!!

OMG. I just saw these at my local DisneyStore.. While I think that Disney has improved their sculpting and painting, their audio ornaments are just horrible...
In fact, I suspect that that's the reason why you can't test out the audio on the website. Just horrid. And honestly... Disney has no excuse.

Thank you very much for letting us know! I was originally thinking about getting some of the audio ornaments, but after looking at these Hallmark ornaments I'd like to look at some more from them instead. :)

Last edited:
I really like the singing ornaments. I thought the quality of the audio last year wasn't the best either but they make great decorations. They are too heavy for a tree but they go great with my different collections!

The quality of last year's Rapunzel at the window singing ornament is fantastic. I have it and I love it. It's voice-only and loud and crisp. It also plays two different snippets of the song (interchangeably). I love pressing it.

I just heard this year's Little Mermaid singing ornament today. :shock::cry: It sounds like she's underwater, and I don't mean that in any kind of a good way. I'm really disappointed. If the others this year are like that, it's not for me. Perhaps this is a good thing anyway, since even without the singing ones, I covet so many of the ornaments.

I bought the Tangled audio ornament and while the audio and painting are very meh, it holds a special place in my heart because my husband and I had a Tangled-ish themed Disney World wedding and our first song we danced to is "I See the Light." It's just going to be a display piece anyways and I have no clue where I'm going to put it just yet. lol

It's a shame it's such poor quality... but I love that it means so much to you. The best part of any collection are the pieces with personal stories attached to them, even if they are worn, defective, or broken.

I told myself I wasn't going to order anything else, but the D23MAGIC code for 15% off of $75 combined with the SHIPMAGIC free shipping code was too much to pass on the ornaments now that they are $10 for 2 or more (I also remembered to go through Ebates for 3% back). I only got a few, but also got some other stuff too. I could have gone nuts with ordering them, but I really have to cut back on the Disney stuff. It's taking over my house, and I'm planning on skipping putting up a tree this year, so it doesn't make sense to buy ornaments. It's hard to cut back when they're on sale, though. They have so many cute ones this year. It's seems there's a lot more variety.

It's not sketchbook, but I have to say, the Frozen plushy ornaments are too cute. I ended up kicking them out of my cart to get some pins for my niece instead, but it was really hard. Disney is getting way too much of my money this month.

Does anyone know if the singing Elsa is the exact same as last year? It looks the same to me, other than the little gold annual tag, but I'm wondering if the music is any different. I bought it last year, so I can't see any reason to buy it again, but I thought it was kind of strange for it to be a repeat. I didn't think they did that with the sketchbook ornaments.

Did anyone catch the Frozen sketchbook ornament set when it briefly flashed online?

Are you talking about the ball set? If so, it's still there. It looks cute.

There have been Sketchbook repeats before, but I am not sure if it is the same one or not. My best guess is they are indeed the same. I have seen certain designs show up three years in a row.

As for the Frozen Sketchbook set I mentioned, no it is not the ball ornaments. It was a $70 Frozen Fever ornament set that showed up out of nowhere and I didn't see it until it was sold out. :(

There have been Sketchbook repeats before, but I am not sure if it is the same one or not. My best guess is they are indeed the same. I have seen certain designs show up three years in a row.

As for the Frozen Sketchbook set I mentioned, no it is not the ball ornaments. It was a $70 Frozen Fever ornament set that showed up out of nowhere and I didn't see it until it was sold out. :(

I think this is the set? It's really cute! It says that it's available.

Ok. So if you haven't put your name down for a hallmark Anna and Elsa ornament, you seriously need to do so ASAP.

The detailing in these tiny ornaments is phenomenal! And they are so light! Plus, elsa sings let it go. Oh! And also, they're on scale!

Just be weary of the quality.... I'm gonna have to return these cause Anna has that mole under her eye and elsa has a black chin.

3478ee98ddc10a55f9eb052cdc19abcb.jpg
fff0e40ba9d608a1ddcc9a7dd6a52dda.jpg
aafd24996a4e2d3942211fb2b6949de9.jpg
044fcf91ffdebe9deabf7bd06a91c6bb.jpg
c5ac62803f66ddac2ac28be72d9494aa.jpg
daf24b110c6a4b433291369b90c2da57.jpg
e5b3379f0ed31046b38f5f3832666e69.jpg
d2b84be1195b740c080da5bfd6a065eb.jpg
795361188fdc0a9bd7bc82e1a8188497.jpg
55254106443d146bfcb82784ae432ba6.jpg
25ad84c317feb95aed8a697b2d00e37a.jpg
021a4626b44e23590b3bc82751609f3e.jpg
2ae90d5dc13d8b5bebc939d127e03544.jpg
210bb43f5c5de092a5582fbf6bd79e1c.jpg
87981edb0b429dc1a32a114b83e7e70d.jpg
952a5e464de8eedb9e5ec0c9eddb93d3.jpg
6bf6bdbd1f29fb247217d44f63030de1.jpg
2bee12fc920edad1df5de01f7c0401d3.jpg
afab14b402a24f6c95e78ecb88746072.jpg
c6b5fcc33bca95632d1d16d82a5a152a.jpg
d87314a6107667d063d19ae243000a0a.jpg

Wow those Elsa and Anna ornaments look fantastic! I think they top the Disney Store ones I am going to have to try and pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back