Christopher Robin Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by watzshakinbacon, Aug 9, 2018 at 6:18 PM.

1. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

I know we talked about the trailer a while back, and there's a merchandise thread, but what about the movie?! Did anyone watch it? I loved it! I was pretty much crying like the entire time.

SPOILERS BELOW THE PHOTOS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loved the integration of live-action and storybook in the very beginning and end. I thought the backstory was quite nice, and I guess it's a nice "twist" that the 100 Acre Woods is not just his imagination. Rather he can bring his whole family to enjoy the fun.

Reasons for crying throughout the movie:
    • It's so cute. I just loved seeing these animated characters coming to life. They got their mannerisms spot on! I watched it at the El Capitan, and there was an exhibit about how they were so careful about making sure they're stuffed correctly and have the right amount of sagginess. Also, their subtle expressions were amazing.. like when Pooh has a slight smile when Christopher Robin mentions he has hunny!

• Beautiful cinematography! Seriously, there are so many amazingly set up scenes, whether it's in the countryside, in the city, at their home. Colors and lighting were just stunning. I feel like I could have many of the scenes as a computer wallpaper haha

• Many heartfelt and heartbreaking moments whether happy or sad. I feel like I connected with a lot of the film because of the reality of growing up. It really is hard to just focus on fun, family, and love when you think you're doing what you're doing BECAUSE of those things. Christopher Robin loves his family and thought working hard would help them have a better life. It's a good reminder for all of us not to take things too seriously. I just love when things work out and everyone is one big happy family.
    I can't remember all the details of why I cried so much, but I def would want a copy of this movie or at least have it on Netflix to watch all over again :]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 11:49 PM
  2. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

Another reason not to work on Friday's off. :) I can't wait to see the movie!

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  3. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Omg, I was crying through most of the first part with the going away tea party. I kept thinking about how he was going to grow up and forget his friends.

I loved Pooh’s absentmindedness. And it was Jim Cumming voice, the voice we've all loved for the past 40 years. I was a little uncomfortable with Piglet’s voice. But I do love the friendship between Pooh and Piglet. I loved the stare out the train window game. I am totally going to do that when we ride the train Europe! And Eeyore was completely me. Loved him!

I did love how the characters were real as opposed to part of his imagination. And the part about the travel balloon! Pooh’s line about “I don’t need it, but it would make me happy” was just so sweet! I’m going to be stealing this line in regard to a lot of pins in the future.

I felt that the “bad guy” Jr. was overacted by the actor. Some of the facial expressions were a bit much. It was weird to see Rabbit not yellow. But even with all of this, I really enjoyed the movie! And the very end on the beach: that was just so cool!

4. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

Yea, Pooh was so absent-minded and kinda oblivious, but so endearing! His voice.. yes! It just really brought me back to my childhood. LOL at the tea party.. I like how they were all like.. OMNOMNOMNOMNOMONOM!!!

I did notice that Rabbit and Owl were real animals instead of stuffed animals like the others. Did I see that correctly or were they just really lifelike toys?

5. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

You were correct! They are supposed to be real animals. I never read the books, so I don’t know if they originally were real or if it’s just from this movie, but it was surprising.

And I had forgotten about the pigging out on the cake! That was so cute! And adorable how they were all passed out afterwards.

6. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

I loved this movie so much! I will be seeing it again this weekend. It brought back so many good childhood memories as Pooh and friends were a huge part of my childhood. It is a movie that will make laugh, cry, and be happy. Such a well done and well shot film. I highly recommend it especially if you are a big Disney or Winnie the Pooh fan. I am both and this movie really spoke to me. Go see it!

7. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

I think I’ll watch it again, too! Haha so good!!! However, I did think 2 hours might have been a bit too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. btowndude

btowndude DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

While enjoyed the new songs by Richard Sherman, I had hoped that the Kenny Loggins song, Return to Pooh Corners, would be included in the movie.