Collectible PinTrader App (iOS and Android) for tracking/trading

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by smallcandles, Jun 27, 2018.

1. smallcandles

smallcandles New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I've been working on an iOS and Android app for quite a while now for keeping track of your Disney Pin collection, wants, and traders. I have a few people besides my family trying it out, but it could really use a larger number of people using it and adding pins to make sure it's truly ready for general release.

If you're interesting in trying it out, go to Collectible PinTrader and send a private message to the "Collectible Pin Trader" user with your email and whether you use Android or iOS (or both!). For Android, you need to specify the gmail account you use with your device. For iOS it is easier if it's your iTunes email address, but I think it can be any email.

We are still working out the logistics, but all images and most of the pin information will be shared with the public under a Creative Commons License. This means that photos and information which are used by the app will be available to the public for whatever use they choose -- including creating another app or website for Disney Pin trading -- as long as they also share their photos and data freely. It's the community's work and it should stay in the community. The link to the shared drive is on the site, although we haven't yet uploaded any photos/data.

Note that messaging and trading are not yet enabled in the app, but should be available soon.

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

You might want to contact @markheardjr for information regarding this app. He had done/was doing a similar one and Disney nixed it in the butt.

You can find him on Facebook too (same name). He can tell you all about it.

3. smallcandles

smallcandles New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thanks, I'll contact him. Not sure why an app would be any different from PinPics or other trading sites though.

4. smallcandles

smallcandles New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Mark was gracious enough to share the details of his story. It was more a case of Apple keeping him from distributing and less about Disney (although Disney was not helpful). There are a number of things different about the app I'm writing which fall squarely into the fair use category, so I have some confidence that Apple will allow the final release. If they for some reason do not, there is an Android version and I can release a Windows (desktop) version as well.

DeputyDonald and Booger1964 like this.
  5. smallcandles

smallcandles New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Also for those that don't use Facebook, you can send me a private message with your information. Note that you will need either a Facebook or a Gmail account in order to use the app.

6. smallcandles

smallcandles New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Version 1.0.0 has been released in the Google Play store for Android (versions 6.0 and higher). So no need to sign up to beta test any longer. Just go to the store and search for "pintrader" and you'll find it.

iOS version is awaiting review.

7. smallcandles

smallcandles New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Apple has now approved the release and it should be in the app store within 24 hours. :)

Palancar, bcol and starry_solo like this.