Comic Con Conventions with Signature Pins

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Doc Goofy, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:07 AM.

1. Doc Goofy

Doc Goofy Member

0   0   0

Hello Everyone!
    I've been to many comic cons over the years and found them to be quite extraordinary But what made
    them stand out is there signature pins.

My all time favorites are Dragon Con Atlanta, Hard Rock Cafe three pin set. Each set of pins are
    different every year. But there are only a limited number of these sought after jewels. Off and on,
    my collection includes pins from 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2018. I remember individual pins being
    sold also throughout the con.

And, the best of the lot were the SWC-V (Star Wars Celebration V) lanyard set with about seven
    uniquely pins available only at CV. I hid mine so well, I can't even find them! But I know it's here
    in the house somewhere. During CV, there was the "Star Wars Weekend" at WDW and those pins
    were massive in size. At the time I snagged four of them. Another limited issue.

If you have experienced purchasing specialty pins at any comic con convention here in the states,
    please mention there location in hopes that I may visit them some day. Thank you!

2. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

I think my only con-specific pin was from a Sherlock con I went to - I bought it mostly to support the con at their table in the dealer's room!

3. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    166   0   0

Hard Rock Cafe makes a pin for Denver Comic Con. I bought the one from last year, but I didn't care for this year's design. Also, Fansets has had some DCC exclusives.

4. Doc Goofy

Doc Goofy Member

0   0   0

This was the reason why I started collecting these pins from other cons because some are rare, others are created yearly.
    I went to SDCC (San Diego) in 2009 and I heard that they had an exclusive pin. But I never saw one.
    MCCC (Motor City) is huge here in Michigan and I wish they'd do one.

I guess I'm spoiled by Disney. Any event, every event has a pin. My "Avatar" pins are my new favorites. However, if there was a WDWCC (hint), I'd be there first day.