• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit DSSH 2018 Cats on Brooms Set

Counterfeit DSSH 2018 Cats on Brooms Set

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Pulling information from Facebook about these. There are photos posted in the Disney Pin Trading Shenanigans Facebook group, if you are a member. All five pins in the set have been counterfeited.

Cheshire Cat: The dark pink stripe, on his belly, closest to Cheshire Cat's right leg is missing. On the counterfeit, the entire underbelly is light pink. Additionally, one of the lines on the brim of the witch hat (right side, if you are looking at the pin) is missing on the counterfeit.

Figaro: The pin is mismarked as an LE 300 on the counterfeit. The authentic pin is marked LE 150. Additionally, on the counterfeit, Figaro's right set of whiskers (left side, if you are looking at the pin) are not well defined, and look to be missing the white enamel between them. Also, the white area of Figaro's nose is larger on the counterfeit than on the authentic pin.

Lucifer: The easiest feature to describe is that there is a definition line for Lucifer's left, front leg that extends into his body, that is missing from the counterfeit. Additionally, there are differences in the top straw in the broom (should be pointy), the bridge of Lucifer's nose where it meets his face / eyes (not as well defined, larger piece of black enamel) and a gap in the definition line in his hat, where it is supposed to touch the definition line forming the tuft of Lucifer's hair.

Marie: The easiest feature to see, is a little hard to describe. In the straw end of the broom, there is a horizontal definition line that is missing on the counterfeit. It is the smaller of the two horizontal lines on the right side of the pin, if you are looking at it. Find the larger of the line, about halfway up the broom, near the right edge, then drop your gaze a little, can you find a second, shorter line? Additionally, in the middle of the pink bow on the witch hat, there is supposed to be a piece of the pink ribbon around the brim clearly visible. On the counterfeit this area appears to be just the gold definition line, and no pink enamel.

Yzma: The easiest feature to describe is there are definition lines, emanating from the right edge of the pin, in Yzma's tail. On the counterfeit, the lower definition line, nearer to the bottom of the tail, is missing. Also, there is a definition line on the right side (as you are looking at the pin), where the top of her light grey of her belly, meets the dark grey of her body that is missing from the dark grey area.

Yep, for sure counterfeited. I actually bought a set of these on Mercari like 3 years ago and LUCKY ENOUGH a random buyer messaged me and tipped me off when they saw my feedback on the individual's page. Apparently they had went through the exact same thing. I don't know how I managed to work through Mercari Support, but the seller approved the return when I let them know that they were not authentic. The quality on them was horrible and the gold was just a different hue. Glad you are sharing this information so no one else gets duped. It's such an amazing set, so sad that these things happen.

I'm pretty sure that these two have been counterfeited as well. They have been appearing consistantly on
the auction site. I'm not sure about all of the pins in the set though.

s-l300.webp
s-l300.webp

The images are from an IG account

@sergios.pinsta.insta

Here is Cheshire Cat.

They took pictures from social media listings so that's why they are in plastic.

cats-brooms05.jpg

I appreciate the picture comparisons...it seems that even with the differences pointed out I still struggle to find the fake certain spots. đź«Ł

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

This is very helpful; thanks!

I’m grateful that I was able to get my three favorite kitties right in the beginning before the fakes ran rampant. My Marie and Yzma are likely scrappers, but they make pretty placeholders anyway. :)

Love all my spooky kitties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back