D23 MOG "Summer Shopping Event" August 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Event Coverage' started by figment919, Jul 11, 2018.

1. figment919

figment919 Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Just wondering here.. Would like to hear from D23 members who attend this event how the "pin stuff" was handled. If this event is like the June 9th MOG store event in WDW in Florida (see that thread for more information). Are Imagineers, CM's again going to have an early shot at the pins, al la the WDW event, or, is this one going to be different?? Can't wait to hear about this to see if there are going to be any differences between CA and Fl sponsored "MOG Shopping" events.

2. bretu

bretu Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm in Florida should we all try for a ticket?

3. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    506   0   0

If you're planning to come to CA, yes.

4. bretu

bretu Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Round trip ticket $370. Rental car $100. Room for one nite $150. $620 total does not work for me. If I could get in on Saturday with a cast member and get two sets though still a stretch. Good luck to everyone.

5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    506   0   0

Yeah, that's why I was surprised at how many people from CA went to FL. I suppose if you're first in line and can get a nice AP frame set for your collection, it would be worth it!

6. figment919

figment919 Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

As of today the Event is "Sold Out"as per the D23 web site. Can't wait to hear the reports of how this goes.

7. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    240   0   0

Unfortunately, it sold out in less than five minutes last week. I am looking forward to what is available anyway, though. Hoping there's nothing I collect!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  8. figment919

figment919 Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Anyone member get a ticket for this Event??

9. figment919

figment919 Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

10. figment919

figment919 Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Any input for attendees as to how this was handled? Were CM's and Imagineers offered early access to event like the WDW one in June?

11. this_and_that

this_and_that Active Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

What is the estimate of the number of people in line?

For it would not at all surprise me to hear that the number was significantly less than 250 and that a good quantity of these pins will be available for purchase by CMs when MoG opens on Monday.

12. figment919

figment919 Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

What's "funny" is that the MOG August Event is no longer listed on the D23 web site?? The WDW June event is still up there??

starry_solo likes this.