• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Animator Dolls?
BTW Toronto got Kristoff in stock today. I walked out with one. I hate the color of his hair. There I said it. It looks like a helmet being so shiny and all. But then his classic doll is like that too.

Oh and yes his box matches the new Pocahontas doll.

BTW Toronto got Kristoff in stock today. I walked out with one. I hate the color of his hair. There I said it. It looks like a helmet being so shiny and all. But then his classic doll is like that too.

Oh and yes his box matches the new Pocahontas doll.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Ok I just caved. I ordered Tink! I'm not a huge fan of hers but I like her. I thought the animator doll was too cute and posed nicely in the box. She'll be cute next to Kristoff.

I cant wait to get them.

Im going to watch if the others go on sale so I can get Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel and Aurora.

I really want Belle in the blue village dress though. Is that an older one, I dont see it very often. I also want Aurora in the Briar Rose outfit, which I had but decided it was too big for my collection so I sold it. But now I want it back. haha

I'm so happy that Animator Kristoff and Tinkerbell were released in the US today! I absolutely adore them, especially Kristoff! The boxes don't quite matter to me--I'm one of those people who think all dolls should be taken out and played with.

And a quick question: is there anywhere that is selling Animator Merida in her light blue dress with the yellow ribbon? She's one of my favorite princesses, and I'd love to get her. I missed out on her the first time around.

I was just about to post about this. Our Disney outlet store actually started carrying the toddler Merida doll but in her light blue dress with the gold ribbon. I was soo surprise cause it's the same toddler doll they used when Brave first came out. Except now she's in the new dress & the Disney outlet store exclusive boxes. Forgot to take a picture of it but I'll be working again on Thursday to post. Plus, apparently we're suppose to be getting a Tiana toddler doll as well.

The Disney outlet in my mall got Rapunzel in the Animators collection. The new version. I hope they start carrying them all.

The Disney outlet in my mall got Rapunzel in the Animators collection. The new version. I hope they start carrying them all.

AHH SERIOUSLY!? That be awesome if we had them too. Sadly though it's just the toddler doll for us. Here's the updated outlet exclusive Merida toddler doll. Personally I like this one better. & then there's the rest of our toddler tree x]

5ubapa8a.jpg

ugy7arym.jpg

Wow, that outlet Merida is WAYYYYY nicer than the new animator one. They kept her animator face and the proper colors of her dress (just glittered up). So strange!

PS: I hate the other toddler dolls. They're so generic and cheap looking. When we only had the nightgown Rapunzel toddler, I bought Tiana and Ariel so that she wouldn't be lonely, but I ended up returning them a week later because they just looked so ugly next to her.

Wow, that outlet Merida is WAYYYYY nicer than the new animator one. They kept her animator face and the proper colors of her dress (just glittered up). So strange!

PS: I hate the other toddler dolls. They're so generic and cheap looking. When we only had the nightgown Rapunzel toddler, I bought Tiana and Ariel so that she wouldn't be lonely, but I ended up returning them a week later because they just looked so ugly next to her.

I seriously love it too! Reminds me of when we first had Merida toddler except it was just in her dark blue dress. Yeaaaaah I'm not too fond over of our outlet toddlers as well. They give you some sort of "creep glare" to them. That's why I always stop by at the other Disney store locations & stare at the animators & give them an "Awwwwwwe" to them cause they're that cute & beautiful! ;D

Well, I deboxed my fist DAC doll - Tinkerbell. Her bun looks so unpolished! I am reworking it and going to add some ribbon. So far, pleased with what I see now, but definitely a challenge, as she doesn't have too much hair in her bun!

Wow, that Merida's adorable! :)

Please forgive my stupidity, but aren't outlets meant to be for unsold/last season mercy, rather than exclusives? :lol: If someone could explain a little about the Disney Store outlets I'd love it- I'm so curious! ^_^

i'd also like to know the difference between outlets and regular stores!
i live next to an outlet store and they didn't receive any shipments of the LE anna and elsa doll.
they also only have the toddler dolls too, piled to the ceiling and back.

The outlet in my mall has new stuff up front, like at Halloween they have all the costumes, they had Monster university stuff and the Holiday stuff..they usually always have a ton of current Princess dolls (playline Barbie types and singing dolls) they also have that line of toddler exclusives and other current princess toys and costumes. They do the movie pre orders too and have a very small selection of movies..like 5 or so at the counter. They do not do any of the limited edition stuff. They carry adult t's and kid t's some from the regular Disney stores and I think I have seen a few exclusive there from time to time. They carry in the back of the store a great selection of Disney Parks merchandise..from BOTH land and World..like sweat shirts, jackets, hoodies, tee's, toys, housewares..it's different all the time depending on what comes in. Then they also have the regular line of plush in all the sizes...They don't have everything like the other stores..they get a lot of older items too that probably weren't moving in the regular stores BUT they get a lot of current stuff for an outlet. My outlet has the Rapunel Animators' collection doll (version 2) at regular price I think, I didn't check that part. The cast member said they got in a ton of marketing for the line so he was hoing they were going to go full force in carrying it BUT you never know.

Got Tink and Kristoff today. They are right next to my IASW France doll (who I REALLY want to debox) and the all look so cute. Ive always thought these were cute but wasnt interested in collecting them. Im think Im a convert now though. I want MORE.

I know some people didnt like Kristoff's hair but I actually really love it. I like that its shiny, but the best is the freckles. So cute.

That is so weird about Merida having face of original doll but lumped in with the less detailed toddler dolls. She doesn't fit with the rest of them. Kind of like the pic on FB page, in which she stands out from the glam girls.

Still wish they would remove the smirk. Merida was the sweetest looking little girl in the movie. *sigh* I can actually visualize how wonderful a doll they could make if they would try. The smirk is not as offputting on the Classic doll. Didn't stop me from buying her Animator and the original doll, though.

Ameth90284, did your Tink have an actual bun? Mine had what looked like a pony tail with ends glued together and dyed a light red. Kind of weird. You don't really see it, though, if she is pointing forward.

Tinkerboy, the original Animator Belle is the one in blue dress. She is my favorite Animator, and I am glad that I bought the originals before the second set came out and replaced them.

Last edited:
That is so weird about Merida having face of original doll but lumped in with the less detailed toddler dolls. She doesn't fit with the rest of them. Kind of like the pic on FB page, in which she stands out from the glam girls.

Still wish they would remove the smirk. Merida was the sweetest looking little girl in the movie. *sigh* I can actually visualize how wonderful a doll they could make if they would try. The smirk is not as offputting on the Classic doll. Didn't stop me from buying her Animator and the original doll, though.

Ameth90284, did your Tink have an actual bun? Mine had what looked like a pony tail with ends glued together and dyed a light red. Kind of weird. You don't really see it, though, if she is pointing forward.

Tinkerboy, the original Animator Belle is the one in blue dress. She is my favorite Animator, and I am glad that I bought the originals before the second set came out and replaced them.

Thats the one I want. I dont love the yellow dress one as much. Plus I have so many dolls of Belle in yellow and only one of her in the blue dress. I need her in more blue.

Out of the box, Tink's hair is a mess from the back! Like you said, it is a wrapped up ponytail with the ends chopped off and glued. The glue did the same thing to my doll and turned her hair red. I just finished embellishing her. :eek:) I'd post a pic if I could figure out how!

Last edited:

I. KNOW. RIGHT???
it was pretty charming on the classic doll but on the animator doll it just makes her look mean!

and i got to collecting DAC dolls just last august so i paid quite a pretty penny for my belle in blue.
i thought it was jane when i first saw the new one, i contemplated buying one and replacing the names.

Wow, that Merida's adorable! :)

Please forgive my stupidity, but aren't outlets meant to be for unsold/last season mercy, rather than exclusives? :lol: If someone could explain a little about the Disney Store outlets I'd love it- I'm so curious! ^_^

Haha no stupidity! You would be actually surprise of what you could find at the outlet store. Especially for Disney ;] Since I've been working for such a long time at my Disney outlet store, I could definitely say we carry pretty much what a regular Disney store would carry. The only differences is we don't carry limited edition stuff, there regular vinylmations, & other specific items. At an outlet store, you would find more adult exclusive outlet stuff. Plus our clearance section would be bigger. Now even though we don't carry limited edition & vinylmation stuff, we will carry it IF they go on clearance for us. Like I remember last year we got the Maleficent snowglobes & brave snowglobes. Plus NYC merch like Keychains & those limited edition pins. Even art work as well too. I mean that's how I got my designer villains pin set. I couldn't say no to $78 for the whole set when the whole set is going for over a grand!? But it's a hit or miss really with what they got for clearance stuff. Hope this answer your question :]

Do you guys think there will be a deluxe DAC set for Sleeping Beauty like there was for Cinderella and Ariel? I didn't get series one Aurora and regret it, but I don't like the series 2 version of her. I'm hoping there will be a set...

My outlet got Merida 2 animator and India small world doll the other day.. Regular prices though.

Do you guys think there will be a deluxe DAC set for Sleeping Beauty like there was for Cinderella and Ariel? I didn't get series one Aurora and regret it, but I don't like the series 2 version of her. I'm hoping there will be a set...

I know right. I bought a second hand original Aurora, but decided I didnt want to collect the DAC because they seemed so big, etc. I then sold her, but now I love the DAC dolls are want to collect them as well. Now I regret giving her up. I dont like the current one as much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back