• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I have been reading you for a few weeks but this is my first post so let me introduce myself a little :)
I'm from Spain and I have a beautiful one year old girl. I have a collector soul :-D I love (and need) to collect everything I like but right now I do not really collect anything... Still looking for the perfect collection :p
When I was pregnant, back in 2012, I discovered the Animators dolls in the Disney Store and I really fell in love with them. I have all Disney movies and used to watch them so I'm attached to all the characters. Luckily I was expecting a girl so I had the perfect excuse :-D So I bought Merida and between my husband, my mother, my father's wife and a friend who works on Disneyland Paris, we had miraculously all the dolls for Christmas. All from the Disney stores and all the first edition princesses. It was a really hard and funny time trial and there were moments when I thought that maybe we were silly and the dolls will be always at the Disney store, but when I saw the new Belle and Aurora.... Mmmm... Well, I prefer the first one :-D
And this Christmas just the same looking for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Tinkerbell :-D I admit maybe I was a little obsess :p I called the store twice a week bacause here in Spain they receive just a few. Once they received just two Tinkebell and I missed her for an hour. But luckily again we get all :)

Now I just check everyday in case a new one will be release :)
I would like they made a doll for the rest of girls: Alice, Esmeralda, Meg, Jane, Kida... Jane will be great because I haven't Bell on her yellow dress :-D and I think Kida could be an amazing doll. Also I would like another man, maybe not a prince but Merlin (I love Merlin movie). But what I really really want right now it's a Maleficent animators doll. I'm dreaming, I know! but it can be just amazing. And also I like a villain to play with :-D

Well, enough for the first post. Sorry, it's soooo long :). Nice to meet you all

Welcome to the forums.

I would love a Peter Pan, Gaston, Terence

I so want a Robin Hood and Maid Marion--any doll form. With Zootopia coming in 2016, I wonder if Nick Wilde will get doll? Not necessarily Animator, but some doll form. If so, they should seriously think about Robin and Marion.

Welcome to the boards! The Animator dolls really pushed me into collecting Disney dolls. I call them my gateway drug.

I'd like to see an Animator Lilo, Jane, and Alice, too. Here's to hoping.

Last edited:
Welcome to the boards! The Animator dolls really pushed me into collecting Disney dolls. I call them my gateway drug.

I'd like to see an Animator Lilo, Jane, and Alice, too. Here's to hoping.
haha same thing for me! I also got into collecting dolls after I started buying animator dolls. It really is a gateway drug.

haha same thing for me! I also got into collecting dolls after I started buying animator dolls. It really is a gateway drug.

+1 I re-started my Disney doll collection (I had previously sold everything in 2011, mostly vintage 90's) and the Animators got me back in. They are just too cute.

They are really adorable... And a very good way to introduce one in the collecting world. Lucky my daughter is only one year old :-D I can't afford she starts to collect Limited edition jajajajajaja

I just hope they do not forget about the collection because there won't be more princess movies until Moana on 2018. With Kristoff and Tinkerbell out I think we can wait for other no-official princessess (maybe this sentence is not correct. Forgive my English...). But although they release other characters they must be older characters, right?
Do you think they will only realease dolls base on anniversaries? Like Sleeping Beauty and Maleficient this year.
Do you think we will se a Maleficient animator doll or Prince Philip?

That is why I am wondering about the doll releases for the upcoming animated movies. ​I think Giants, retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk, is supposed to be released in 2016. I am not sure if it is on track or behind. It has Jack, Marco, Angelina (the girl that the two boys are fighting over), and Inma, a tomboyish character. Hmmm. Wonder if Jack ends up with her. ;) I am sure there will be dolls for that movie.

As for Animator dolls for Prince Phillip and Maleficent, I have no clue but it would be cool.

Oh, just helping, aka.seim, but "unofficial" would work. :) I used to be able to read French fairly well in college, but now I have forgotten most of it. I could never write it well. I have such respect for people who can speak and write more than one language. I wish the US was more friendly to learning other languages. In my county, high school students take Spanish--only language offered due to shortage of foreign language teachers in my area--on semester basis. One of my homebound students complained that he didn't remember anything from Spanish 1 because he had it first semester (4.5 months) of 9th grade, and it was a year later before he took Spanish 2! It is such a stupid way to teach a foreign language. Makes me so angry at the idiots in my county. Sorry. Didn't mean to go into a rant. :)

Last edited:
Now that so many of you have mentioned it, I realize these dolls were my gateway, too. Before them, I only collected Pixar stuff, like TSC and Cars.

Hopefully DS realizes this and adds a lot more characters to the line!

Hello everyone. I have been reading you for a few weeks but this is my first post so let me introduce myself a little :)
I'm from Spain and I have a beautiful one year old girl. I have a collector soul :-D I love (and need) to collect everything I like but right now I do not really collect anything... Still looking for the perfect collection :p
When I was pregnant, back in 2012, I discovered the Animators dolls in the Disney Store and I really fell in love with them. I have all Disney movies and used to watch them so I'm attached to all the characters. Luckily I was expecting a girl so I had the perfect excuse :-D So I bought Merida and between my husband, my mother, my father's wife and a friend who works on Disneyland Paris, we had miraculously all the dolls for Christmas. All from the Disney stores and all the first edition princesses. It was a really hard and funny time trial and there were moments when I thought that maybe we were silly and the dolls will be always at the Disney store, but when I saw the new Belle and Aurora.... Mmmm... Well, I prefer the first one :-D
And this Christmas just the same looking for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Tinkerbell :-D I admit maybe I was a little obsess :p I called the store twice a week bacause here in Spain they receive just a few. Once they received just two Tinkebell and I missed her for an hour. But luckily again we get all :)

Now I just check everyday in case a new one will be release :)
I would like they made a doll for the rest of girls: Alice, Esmeralda, Meg, Jane, Kida... Jane will be great because I haven't Bell on her yellow dress :-D and I think Kida could be an amazing doll. Also I would like another man, maybe not a prince but Merlin (I love Merlin movie). But what I really really want right now it's a Maleficent animators doll. I'm dreaming, I know! but it can be just amazing. And also I like a villain to play with :-D

Well, enough for the first post. Sorry, it's soooo long :). Nice to meet you all

Welcome!! Bienvenida!! Spain is one of my favorite countries, I hope I can visit soon! One of the dolls I am most looking forward to is the Spain It's a Small World doll that is going to be released soon :)
If you have any questions feel free to ask. Un placer! :)

Now that so many of you have mentioned it, I realize these dolls were my gateway, too. Before them, I only collected Pixar stuff, like TSC and Cars.

Hopefully DS realizes this and adds a lot more characters to the line!

For me it was the opposite!!! I got three LE dolls, and then for christmas I got Merida and Rapunzel animator dolls... now I am hooked and I want them all!!!! With my coupon I got from pre-ordering Frozen I think I will get the Anna and Elsa animator dolls... (if they are in stock) I really want a Tiana, but she is NEVER in stock at my DS..

Right now I only have....

Rapunzel, Merida, Mulan, Jasmine...

I so want a Robin Hood and Maid Marion--any doll form. With Zootopia coming in 2016, I wonder if Nick Wilde will get doll? Not necessarily Animator, but some doll form. If so, they should seriously think about Robin and Marion. [...]

I'm not sure. I really don't see any Limited Edition or Animator doll of Nick... Not only because the animal form but for the kind of movie. If I'm sincere I don't see any Robin Hood animator doll either, but it's a shame because it's one of my favorite movie and character.
Is it Marion? In Spanish is Marian, Lady Marian :p

That is why I am wondering about the doll releases for the upcoming animated movies. ​I think Giants, retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk, is supposed to be released in 2016. [...]

I didn't know about Giants!!! I have to seek info about the characters... I'm terrible avoiding spoilers jajajajaja
And I have to look about Big Heroes 6 also, maybe they give us an animator doll of one of them, is there any girl? I guess so...

Oh, just helping, aka.seim, but "unofficial" would work. :) [...]

That's the problem about languages: you have to practice them a lot so you don't forget everything. I was used to writing in English but that was years ago and now it's like I have never wrote anything in my life... So, please, forgive any nonsense :p

By the way, I meant to say no "official princessess characters", like other unofficial princessess (Esmeralda, Meg, Kida...) but also villains, princes, etc.

Welcome!! Bienvenida!! Spain is one of my favorite countries, I hope I can visit soon! One of the dolls I am most looking forward to is the Spain It's a Small World doll that is going to be released soon :)
If you have any questions feel free to ask. Un placer! :)

Muchas gracias :p
I don't collect the Small World dolls but I'm waiting also to see the Spanish doll. I can imagine her or him and I know I will be tempted to get it...

Id love a DAC Phillip and Maleficent.

Id love to see more of the villians as DAC dolls.

A villian doll will be great. I really need a villain. I want my daughter plays with them and it's funnest with a villain character. And also a Maleficent doll can be so amazing. It's my favorite villain of all of times, stories, movies and nightmares :p And her maleficent images won't change in a toddler version like Animators.

I like Jafar too but without the beard it won't be the same...

I think Lady marion and Robin Hood are hard characters to make - especially considering that they are foxes - meaning they have to make fur textures on the dolls. (Not real hair fur - but the plastic texture like they often do with The Beast and male characters hair XD)
I really hope they will continue with making new characters in the animators collection. I would get them all - as long as it's the female characters (sorry, never liked male dolls - especially since I hate the whole plastic thing they do with their hair). I guess Tinkerbell is a sign that they're open for making non-princess characters as well. Not that I plan on holding my breath though.

My friend is really great at drawing and she plans to make sketches of how she wants the villains to look like in toddler version XD Her idea of Ursula seems awesome ... haha

I used to be able to read French fairly well in college, but now I have forgotten most of it. I could never write it well. I have such respect for people who can speak and write more than one language. I wish the US was more friendly to learning other languages. In my county, high school students take Spanish--only language offered due to shortage of foreign language teachers in my area--on semester basis. One of my homebound students complained that he didn't remember anything from Spanish 1 because he had it first semester (4.5 months) of 9th grade, and it was a year later before he took Spanish 2! It is such a stupid way to teach a foreign language. Makes me so angry at the idiots in my county. Sorry. Didn't mean to go into a rant. :)
I guess in Europe speaking 2-3 languages are the norm XD I had to study my native language (Danish), English and German in order to even get into high school and in High school I had to study Spanish.
Now I speak Danish, English and Japanese fluently. I understand and speak some German and currently studying Chinese (and since I'm Danish I understand most of Swedish and Norwegian too) - but nobody in Europe sees that as a big deal. haha.

Muchas gracias :p
I don't collect the Small World dolls but I'm waiting also to see the Spanish doll. I can imagine her or him and I know I will be tempted to get it...

I really hope they do a girl in a Flamenco dress and hopefully they will add the castanets to the dolls, that would be so cute. :)

What part of Spain are you from? My great grandparents were from Salamanca, I hope I can make a stop there when we go visit.

I don't see an Animator Robin Hood, but they made Beast from resin (or something) for the Fairytale Couple. Therefore, I think a 12" doll is possible. I don't like that they left Beast's head hollow, but I love the detail on him. They can do it. They just need to want to do it. That is the issue. It is not impossible because we see anthropomorphized animals made by other toy makers. If anyone from Disney is reading this, please make Robin Hood and Maid Marian dolls! :)

A villian doll will be great. I really need a villain. I want my daughter plays with them and it's funnest with a villain character. And also a Maleficent doll can be so amazing. It's my favorite villain of all of times, stories, movies and nightmares :p And her maleficent images won't change in a toddler version like Animators.

I like Jafar too but without the beard it won't be the same...

I hadnt thought about the other villiains. Omg Jafar as a toddler w/o the beard. Thats funny to picture.

I'd have to add to Jafar and give him the matchmaker treatment. Have little ink drippings and have ink on his finger tips. Ya know, pretending for the beard he would grow one day.

tumblr_n1p3r7Ca4J1qgaja8o1_500.jpg

Recently got Kristoff and Tinkerbell at my disney store. Now my Anna can have some company.

Old picture with my Animator Ariel.
tumblr_n1s9obC77j1qgaja8o1_500.jpg

Really love the animator doll series. They are so cute. If I had room I would get more like. I really do like Rapunzel
and Snow White.

I just bought Ariel (with Flounder) on ebay and she came without Flounder. I contacted the seller and they have not responded yet. Im bummed that she is without Flounder.

I just bought Ariel (with Flounder) on ebay and she came without Flounder. I contacted the seller and they have not responded yet. Im bummed that she is without Flounder.
If they had a picture of the first edition (with flounder) and you got the second edition (no Flounder) you should complain to ebay about it if the seller doesn't respond. You didn't get the product you were promised.

I used to not be keen on these but I am seriously converted after seeing Tink in person yesterday! I'm either going to get her or Ariel first (my two favourites) so I was wondering which you guys recommend or prefer?
Also with the success of Frozen, I'd love for Disney to bring out Animator's Collection dolls of Elsa and Anna in their snow queen/winter outfits. I know there's already the toddler dolls but it's not the same. :(

If they had a picture of the first edition (with flounder) and you got the second edition (no Flounder) you should complain to ebay about it if the seller doesn't respond. You didn't get the product you were promised.

Check also the box. The boxes from the two editions are differents ;-)

The weird thing is the box on her says Ariel with Flounder on the tag. I shifted the box around to see if maybe Flounder had come loose but didnt see anything.

Luckily the seller finally responded to my emails and is sending a new Ariel with Flounder (1st edition). The annoying part is I now have to pay/take the time to send back the one I received first. Oh well, at least Ill get the doll Although originally it was a good price, but now adding in the shipping Ill have to pay it comes out to not a great deal.

Why is doll collecting so hard?? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back