• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Animator Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Animator Dolls?
Is it Marion? In Spanish is Marian, Lady Marian :p.
Haha. Sorry, I misspelled it. It should be Marian. Marion is also a name, though.

I am excited for Giants. Wish more info would come out about it. I told my mom, and she was like, "Another one." I guess there have been lots of Jack movies (both live-action and animated) over the years.

The weird thing is the box on her says Ariel with Flounder on the tag. I shifted the box around to see if maybe Flounder had come loose but didnt see anything.

Luckily the seller finally responded to my emails and is sending a new Ariel with Flounder (1st edition). The annoying part is I now have to pay/take the time to send back the one I received first. Oh well, at least Ill get the doll Although originally it was a good price, but now adding in the shipping Ill have to pay it comes out to not a great deal.

Why is doll collecting so hard?? LOL

Too bad you two couldn't have agreed to her sending you Flounder. She will still end up with 1st gen with no Flounder either way. She could have taken him out, put in envelope mailer (way cheaper to ship, and she should have covered the cost because she screwed up), and then you could just attach him to Ariel.

Maybe she already did that, and you ended up with a doll whose Flounder was sent to another customer?

Last edited:
Haha. Sorry, I misspelled it. It should be Marian. Marion is also a name, though.

I am excited for Giants. Wish more info would come out about it. I told my mom, and she was like, "Another one." I guess there have been lots of Jack movies (both live-action and animated) over the years.

Too bad you two couldn't have agreed to her sending you Flounder. She will still end up with 1st gen with no Flounder either way. She could have took him out, put in envelope mailer (way cheaper to ship, and she should have covered the cost because she screwed up), and then you could just attach him to Ariel.

Maybe she already did that, and you ended up with a doll whose Flounder was sent to another customer?

thats what I thought, she would just send the flounder, but I guess she's sending a whole new doll.

I found Animators Collection Ariel at the thrift store for $1.98 last week. She even had Flounder still attached! The only problem was that her hair was sort of crazy-looking, but I fixed it.:)

I tried to win a first edition Aurora today, since she's the only one I'm missing and so far she's too expensive. This Japanese auction Aurora had her box and everything, but her hair was messy (it had surely been brushed), so hoped I could buy her cheap and then try to fix her hair, but even that messy hair Aurora got sold for 46 USD! ...
I have given up getting Aurora... :(

I found Animators Collection Ariel at the thrift store for $1.98 last week.

[...] but even that messy hair Aurora got sold for 46 USD! ...
I have given up getting Aurora... :(

What a great Ariel price and what a shame Aurora...
I was talking about Aurora and Belle Animator's doll today, about how the clothes changed have made the first edition of them a great acquisition. Even more because the first edition clothes are not the official princess dress they used to wear. It would be great if Disney releases a set with the first (or second) dress and a mannequin so you can get the other dress but only one doll (maybe not great for collectos but practical for kids to play with). We get the Cinderella gift set exactly like that: one doll, two dress and a mannequin and other accesories (well, I missed her and I think she never came to Spain but it existed :-D). I think they should not forget these are dolls for kids not (only) collectors and that would make the dolls even more great, don't you think?

And talking about gift sets... Do you think we will get an Aurora gift set like we did with Cinderella and Ariel? Maybe Aurora sleeping in a bed? They can build a house with all the special accesories :-D

Are there actually any plans for more male Animators dolls?

I hope so too because one boy for 13 girls and a fairy is too much even for Kristoff :-D but not too many boys because I have no room.

I was reading this great thread by Matthewlondon about when we will feel a collection complete and I have realized I have room only for 7 dolls more. I have the first 11 on a shelve and Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Tinkerbell on top of them (this will be a problem when I debox them so my kid can play with them). So only 7 boxes more on top...
I wish Maleficent, Esmeralda, Meg, Jane and Kida. If Disney hears me (I can dream :-D) that means only two spaces lefts: one for Giants and one for Moana, right? I don't know if I will be able to resist not buying any more animators dolls for me... I mean, my daughter :-D

(Sooo long post, so sorry :p)

Last edited:
Keep looking for Aurora. I managed to find both the first edition Ariel and Auroras on Ebay for decent prices. I think I paid $30 for aurora including shipping. You just have to keep looking. I was checking like every other day and finally was able to get them. Now to try to get first edition Belle.

I told myself that I wouldn't collect these, but the little stinkers keep calling to me. I already have Jasmine, Kristoff, and Mulan, with Tinker Bell on her way. I am definitely going to be getting Anna, and maybe Elsa, Rapunzel, and Ariel.

I would also buy a DAC Flynn...and Eric...oh, and Aladdin. Also, if they ever made Periwinkle...dream come true! Doubtful, but since they actually made Kristoff, I have hope. :)

Cant help it but i love these dolls, but i am frustrated i have all of Wave 1 and Wave 2 including the bedroom set but can i get Ariels Bathroom Set. I keep looking but i think with only a 1000 made i may have missed the boat on that one, what a shame. I wonder if they are going to do a Wave 3??? that would be cool and expensive lol

I think it would be smart of Disney to not re-release the princesses, but instead release the princes. See if they get popular and then ultimately release toddler villains.

Could you guys imagine a toddler gaston with chest hair!!

Or maybe toddler heroines like Esmeralda, Kida, Jane, Megara

Toddler Gaston, toddler Malificent, toddler Jafar, toddler Ratcliffe... that would be cute :D

I might as well add these here too:

tumblr_n7h6z9c5S21sx3dvjo1_500.png

tumblr_n7h6z9c5S21sx3dvjo3_500.png

I would love to see a toddler Jane with the hat. A Wendy would be cute since they made Tink. Oh, and an Alice. Wish they would have her holding the White Rabbit.

I have all the others, so I plan to buy the Frozen set. I just dread how it will arrive, seeing as the box will be massive. My Cinderella deluxe came broken.

Last edited:
I want that mini Olaf :-( it's soooooo cute. I don't know why they "forget" the pets on the new dolls... Do you imagine a mini Sven for Kristoff?

I have still faith on a Maleficent one :p and I hope next year we'll have the heorines serie (that's the name?): Jane, Esmeralda, Meg, Kida. Alice and maybe Wendy.

I know this *might* be a coincidence but Steve Thompson, one of the (or the?) Disney Merchandise design artist keeps blogging sketches of disney heroines on his tumblr blog...so MAYBE???

http://stevethompson-art.tumblr.com. Hmmmmmm. Maybe you are onto something?

I just recently watched The Black Cauldron, and I was shocked that Gurgi's voice is so obviously the inspiration for Andy Serkis's Golem. That, or crazy coincidence. I know the fictional Gurgi was sort of loosely based on fictional Golem. Guess it all came full circle.

Last edited:
Personally, I would adore to see the villains and other princes get an animation rendition. Eleazar Del Rosario did some sketches of a toddler Prince Phillip. I never knew I needed it so badly. Of course, I'd love to see the heroines get their own renditions as well. They also did sketches of Aladdin and Prince Charming.
tarlhc.jpg

Last edited:
I know this *might* be a coincidence but Steve Thompson, one of the (or the?) Disney Merchandise design artist keeps blogging sketches of disney heroines on his tumblr blog...so MAYBE???

I have seen them :) And he also says we will see his next project in few weeks. Let's hope!!!

Personally, I would adore to see the villains and other princes get an animation rendition. Eleazar Del Rosario did some sketches of a toddler Prince Phillip. I never knew I needed it so badly. Of course, I'd love to see the heroines get their own renditions as well. They also did sketches of Aladdin and Prince Charming.
tarlhc.jpg

I NEED this! and the Briar Rose Aurora!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back