• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
I saw a few requests to start a new one for the year (well, what's left of the year) so I asked the mods to close the old threads.

Last edited:
The dolls were released for purchase (not pre-sale) at Disney Store JAPAN's website on August 1, 2016.

Here are the links to the dolls (now sold out) with images:

Aurora (in Blue) and Maleficent.

According to the COA on the back of the image, it is a LE6000.
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313673531/

Q416PRS_DESIGNER_MAL_SLP.jpg

Q416PRS_DESIGNER_MAL_SLP_1.jpg

Q416PRS_DESIGNER_MAL_SLP_2.jpg

Q416PRS_DESIGNER_MAL_SLP_3.jpg

Q416PRS_DESIGNER_MAL_SLP_4.jpg

Q416PRS_DESIGNER_MAL_SLP_5.jpg

Q416PRS_DESIGNER_MAL_SLP_6.jpg

I still can't believe they were immediately ready to order in Japan! Looking forward to all the pictures (ESPECIALLY of Alice and the Queen of Hearts)! The pictures of the Cinderella set are nice, though I do wish Lucifer was smiling.

I absolutely love this entire collection. Unfortunately, I think I have to limit myself to just one set. I'm 99% sure i'm going with Maleficent/Aurora because i'm a huge sleeping beauty fan. However, I don't have any Lady Tremaine dolls, but I do have the 17'' Maleficent - so I was kinda leaning towards Cinderella - and I love the fact that Lady Tremaine has Cinderella's beads in her hand - that pose is perfect. I also love Beauty and the Beast but I have so much BatB stuff that I think that should rule that set out. Ugh, I don't know what to do!

Staykawaii I completely agree with you on Cinderella's expression! I didn't know how to put it into the right words though. ^^; Looking at Sarah Brave's close-up photo of her face though does indeed show her sadness BUT I still see the slight smirk and I can't help feeling a bit unsettled by it. A friend actually pointed it out to me because I didn't see it at first but now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it. >.< I think I would feel a lot more confident about her sad expression if the corners of her mouth weren't curling upwards.

Last edited:
While I love the Cinderella set, I mainly only want it for Lady Treamaine and Lucifer. I'm really tempted to just split the set with someone who just wants it for Cinderella. Plus I can only afford one set, so I can get the Alice and Queen of Hearts set and just get Lady Tremaine to kill two birds with one stone in terms of my budget.

While I love the Cinderella set, I mainly only want it for Lady Treamaine and Lucifer. I'm really tempted to just split the set with someone who just wants it for Cinderella. Plus I can only afford one set, so I can get the Alice and Queen of Hearts set and just get Lady Tremaine to kill two birds with one stone in terms of my budget.

I was also thinking of buying the set only for Lady Tremaine LOL ! Same with Queen of Hearts and Maleficent. I can't get over that they Actually ripped Cinderella's dress. It's kinda like paying for expensive ripped jeans I guess but I'd rather have had her dress not destroyed.

Does anyone think they will release these villains and the ones from last years set as Classic Dolls, maybe next year, like they did after all the Princes with new sculpts came out?

I'll probably try for the full set pre-order again first, despite not really loving all the sets this year. Aurora/Maleficent, Belle/Gaston, and Cindy/Tremaine are wonderful, but I'm just not really into Alice and Wonderland, so that's the set I was hoping to save money on. Worst case scenario and I do succeed in getting all 4, I may see if any of my friends is interested in it or try to sell it to someone who is interested and was unsuccessful in getting it.

Alice's apron is so lovely and detailed and she looks so sweet. But I don't care for the look of the Queen of Hearts and I'm personally irritated beyond words that they're calling her "The Red Queen". Which she's not. Animated Alice = Queen of Hearts. Burton Alice = The Red Queen. *SMH* So I will not be getting this set.

I can really only afford to get one of the sets, so I've set my sights on Alice and the Queen of Hearts.

Lady Tremaine and Maleficent look amazing! And dude, I would want the boxes simply for the artwork on the back. I can't wait for whatever other merch (if any, though I'm expecting pins) gets released alongside these dolls. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering...since there was no fifth set confirmed. Do you think they would surprise us with a Designer couples Belle and Prince set? Similar to what they did with Anna and Kristoff?

I'm wondering...since there was no fifth set confirmed. Do you think they would surprise us with a Designer couples Belle and Prince set? Similar to what they did with Anna and Kristoff?

That would be amazing!! I hope that since there is no fifth set Disney will surprise us with an extra couple, and given the BatB anniversary this year it could very well be Belle/Prince Adam.

Ugh! They pulled a Briar Rose / Aurora on QoH?!!!! On the nameplate is says Red Queen (WHY?!!!) and on the box art is says Queen of Hearts. I was so in love with that set until I looked more closely at it. If they were going to give QoH a stuffed body, they could've at least given her a plastic neck and chest like they did with Ursula. That fabric sticking out of her neckline makes her look so cheap. I guess I should be relieved to save money and space. I can pass on all of them again.

I love Tremaine, but Cinderella's lipstick teeth / sticking out tongue is too much on top of her dress being torn even though it wasn't torn until after the necklace came off. I love her accurate hair color, though. With all these 17" dolls, I'm better off not NEEEEEEDING any designers anyway...

13882702_10103225053249388_5308568594021071159_n.jpg

Lucifer is so cute, although I agree that he should be smiling, rather than frowning, especially in that scene.

And Cinderella's dress definitely should not be torn here.

I really do not see why people complain that the dress is ripped:s take the beads off if it bothers you. Yes the beads should be off before the rip for accuracy to the movie but going on accuracy to the movie Belles dress should be shorter, should be no fancy embroidery designs. The dolls are based on the art work not the movie.

Just seen actual pics of dolls on Facebook Auroras face is so much better than the promo's. And you can see her chair. Love this set so detailed!
The only one I'm unsure if I want is Alice. I see it the same as the Peter Pan one I only want the princess ones. In both these sets I just wanted Hook and Queen of hearts.

Ugh! They pulled a Briar Rose / Aurora on QoH?!!!! On the nameplate is says Red Queen (WHY?!!!) and on the box art is says Queen of Hearts. I was so in love with that set until I looked more closely at it. If they were going to give QoH a stuffed body, they could've at least given her a plastic neck and chest like they did with Ursula. That fabric sticking out of her neckline makes her look so cheap. I guess I should be relieved to save money and space. I can pass on all of them again.

I'm annoyed with these details as well. I don't really have a problem with the Queen of Hearts having a plush body seeing she is a bigger character and it would be cheaper to make that way, but I do think they should have at least given her a plastic chest. The nameplate thing is so aggravating and I don't understand how these types of details go unnoticed by the designers. I am also not a fan of how Alice's hair is styled. It looks fine in the original promo images, but it looks messy and weird in all the pictures people have been taking of their sets. I still think this wave is one of the best designer waves we have ever gotten, but details like that are really dampening my excitement for them overall. This was the set I was anticipating the most, but now i'm torn on it. I dunno if its worth going for anymore. Hopefully it will grow on me.

Just seen actual pics of dolls on Facebook Auroras face is so much better than the promo's. And you can see her chair. Love this set so detailed!
The only one I'm unsure if I want is Alice. I see it the same as the Peter Pan one I only want the princess ones. In both these sets I just wanted Hook and Queen of hearts.

Link to the pictures? I would love to see them!

When does Belle wear a white dress with blue overdress? I thought she wore a BLUE dress with a white APRON? That being said, the overdress is very pretty and the detail on the white dress is also nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back