• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Fairytale Designer Collection - Heroes & villains collection 2016
Okay wait, so some stores are doing first come first serve on the designer dolls? Like I know some stores aren't doing the raffle if they have enough dolls for everyone by the time it hits 1:00, but are some not even bothering to do that? That makes me a little nervous honestly if that is the case, especially considering I am so on the fence about getting the Alice set and I want to see them in person first.

Call the store and ask. I'm going to call or stop into mine again and clarify. BUT I really think they have to wait until 12-1 or so to confirm that they don't NEED a raffle before they decide to scrap it. The manager's words were, "We haven't needed to do it, because we had enough dolls for who showed up." If 25 people had shown up at 12:55, they would have had to do the raffle. They can't KNOW until the last minute.

But, that being said, we all know from experience that what the stores are SUPPOSED to do and what some of them do is not the same. Ha. I saw on Instagram LAST WEEK that someone went to her local Disney Store and they sold her an Alice set then and there. So clearly they took "skip the raffle" to a new extreme. :drool:

Call the store and ask. I'm going to call or stop into mine again and clarify. BUT I really think they have to wait until 12-1 or so to confirm that they don't NEED a raffle before they decide to scrap it. The manager's words were, "We haven't needed to do it, because we had enough dolls for who showed up." If 25 people had shown up at 12:55, they would have had to do the raffle. They can't KNOW until the last minute.

But, that being said, we all know from experience that what the stores are SUPPOSED to do and what some of them do is not the same. Ha. I saw on Instagram LAST WEEK that someone went to her local Disney Store and they sold her an Alice set then and there. So clearly they took "skip the raffle" to a new extreme. :drool:

Yup, what Ann said. I also saw someone go in their store and just buy it right then and there, even though it's before the actual release date. I'm guessing that store didn't have a lot of traffic for the other two designer doll releases so figured that it might as well make the sale.

Thank you all for the responses. I did see the Facebook post about someone getting the set a week or so ago! She happened to be a member of my doll group. I thought it was so insane! But I will call my store and find out what they plan on doing. My store is usually really lax when it comes to doll release (at least in comparison to other places) so I think things will go smoothly regardless of what they do.

My Belle/Gaston set finally showed up last night! Absolutely gorgeous, so glad I got it. I am going to have to open it unfortunately... it looks like there is a bit of moisture on the top of the case, and Belle's got an eyelash in her eye.

Did everyone else get there's yet?

When purchasing a set in store, does the payment method have to be the same? No split tender? (x amount in cash and x on credit/debit card. Or x amount in cash and x on a DS gift card?).

I have just enough (will ask tomorrow what the total is plus sales tax) on one of my cards. To not have to split tender. But I want to know before hand, in case I can split it.

Tuesday I'll be heading out to try in person at my local Disney Store. This will be a first for me. I'll report back. Good luck to everyone trying either in store or online for the Alice set.

When purchasing a set in store, does the payment method have to be the same? No split tender? (x amount in cash and x on credit/debit card. Or x amount in cash and x on a DS gift card?).

I have just enough (will ask tomorrow what the total is plus sales tax) on one of my cards. To not have to split tender. But I want to know before hand, in case I can split it.

Tuesday I'll be heading out to try in person at my local Disney Store. This will be a first for me. I'll report back. Good luck to everyone trying either in store or online for the Alice set.

You can split with cash and gift cards, but not 2 credit cards. You'd need separate transactions to split on credit cards. They have to deduct the cash or gift card BEFORE they swipe the credit card, so be ready and offer those first. When they swipe a credit card, the entire Balance goes directly to that. You'd have to have them void the transaction to fix.

My Belle/Gaston set finally showed up last night! Absolutely gorgeous, so glad I got it. I am going to have to open it unfortunately... it looks like there is a bit of moisture on the top of the case, and Belle's got an eyelash in her eye.

Did everyone else get there's yet?

I did get mine too, but like you I'll have to open it up, There is paint from Belles basket smeared on the case. I don't know how many of you have opened your dolls but, is it just me our have you noticed these Disney dolls smell like fresh paint when opened? Beast had a massive paint smell when I opened him to check the coa.

When purchasing a set in store, does the payment method have to be the same? No split tender? (x amount in cash and x on credit/debit card. Or x amount in cash and x on a DS gift card?). I have just enough (will ask tomorrow what the total is plus sales tax) on one of my cards. To not have to split tender. But I want to know before hand, in case I can split it. Tuesday I'll be heading out to try in person at my local Disney Store. This will be a first for me. I'll report back. Good luck to everyone trying either in store or online for the Alice set.
I've done cash and debit card.

You can split with cash and gift cards, but not 2 credit cards. You'd need separate transactions to split on credit cards. They have to deduct the cash or gift card BEFORE they swipe the credit card, so be ready and offer those first. When they swipe a credit card, the entire Balance goes directly to that. You'd have to have them void the transaction to fix.

Thanks for the information. I'll be ready with cash and my debit card. Just wanted to know what could be done. And in which order, as I didn't want to lose my chance. In case I did something backwards.

Thanks for the information. I'll be ready with cash and my debit card. Just wanted to know what could be done. And in which order, as I didn't want to lose my chance. In case I did something backwards.

No problem. I used to work cash wrap and there was always someone who would hand me a credit card, watch me swipe it, see the receipt print out, and then say, "Oh, I can't give you cash so it doesn't all go on my card?" Well, yeah, you can do that, but the cash needs to be deducted first. Whatever the register shows is what is going on to the credit card. Just hold back the credit/debit card until your cash, gift card, etc, has been used, and you'll be fine. :) People do it all the time, but the order does matter.

And good luck to you tomorrow! Hope it's as easy as prior releases have sounded.

Last edited:
I did get mine too, but like you I'll have to open it up, There is paint from Belles basket smeared on the case. I don't know how many of you have opened your dolls but, is it just me our have you noticed these Disney dolls smell like fresh paint when opened? Beast had a massive paint smell when I opened him to check the coa.

When I opened up my 17" Beast it also smelled like paint. Belle was fine though. I thought I was the only one who had that issue, but I guess not.

alice and queen sold out in 3 minutes on the german store. i couldn't get it cause the site crashed the minute i had it in my basket. didn't think it would be so popular.

i only got the cinderella set this year, all the others crashed. im really frustrated.

well finally it worked! the trick:

i had to log out, put the dolls in the basket and then log in when i was about to pay. that way it worked without a problem.

I don't think I'll ever buy a DFDC again. I'm really disappointed about the quality control on these dolls, it's really awful. I got my Belle and Gaston set and inside the box there are like stains of water or whatever they are (and yes I could open them up and clean the box but it's not easy at all and I don't want to damage anything). This morning my partner picked up the Alice and "Red Queen" (lets not even talk about the fact they screwed up the name, like WTF, how can you do that? It's your character, Disney! It's really beyond me how they can produce 6000 pieces of something and get the name wrong...) because I couldn't and first of all the box is wobbly, the plastic under is not flat like it should be, the black plastic under the gold decorations is full of gold stains and it shouldn't be (I checked my other designer dolls and none of them have that problem), the gold plaque with the names on has two ugly scratches, it bothers me so much. Talking about the Sleeping Beauty set that comes out in two weeks I'm disappointed that they couldn't even bother to do something with the lower part of the dress, it's really a shame because Maleficent is really beautiful and I would have picked them up if they had put more effort into them. One last thing, I'm really annoyed that only 1000 pieces make it to Europe (when Cinderella is still available in the us store...) I think I'll probably stick only to the 17" line, I'm not pleased with the quality control on these at all (and it's a shame because they're beautiful, but when I pay 120 bucks on something I don't expect it to be so poorly made). Sorry for the rant >_<

EDIT: Btw they offered me a full refund if I bring the set back to the store, I could do that but I don't want to spend double the price to buy them again from some scalper on ebay

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. Unfortunately I am sick, so going to the store is out. Good luck to everyone who is trying/will try for the set in person.

I don't think I'll ever buy a DFDC again. I'm really disappointed about the quality control on these dolls, it's really awful. I got my Belle and Gaston set and inside the box there are like stains of water or whatever they are (and yes I could open them up and clean the box but it's not easy at all and I don't want to damage anything). This morning my partner picked up the Alice and "Red Queen" (lets not even talk about the fact they screwed up the name, like WTF, how can you do that? It's your character, Disney! It's really beyond me how they can produce 6000 pieces of something and get the name wrong...) because I couldn't and first of all the box is wobbly, the plastic under is not flat like it should be, the black plastic under the gold decorations is full of gold stains and it shouldn't be (I checked my other designer dolls and none of them have that problem), the gold plaque with the names on has two ugly scratches, it bothers me so much. Talking about the Sleeping Beauty set that comes out in two weeks I'm disappointed that they couldn't even bother to do something with the lower part of the dress, it's really a shame because Maleficent is really beautiful and I would have picked them up if they had put more effort into them. One last thing, I'm really annoyed that only 1000 pieces make it to Europe (when Cinderella is still available in the us store...) I think I'll probably stick only to the 17" line, I'm not pleased with the quality control on these at all (and it's a shame because they're beautiful, but when I pay 120 bucks on something I don't expect it to be so poorly made). Sorry for the rant >_<

EDIT: Btw they offered me a full refund if I bring the set back to the store, I could do that but I don't want to spend double the price to buy them again from some scalper on ebay

I completely understand, I am annoyed myself at the moment because I picked up my Alice and Queen today and my set is a bit of a mess. They made us pay first before we could look at them and then they'd only let us look at one additional one if there was an issue with it. (The rules at my store change from doll release to doll release depending on who is working that day, so you never know what to expect).

Well, both the one they originally gave me and the next one they showed me had multiple problems. I chose the "better" one but still, the Queen has two paint spots on her face and the cardboard backing looks like it was chewed up by a dog. And the slip cover is bent at the top. In addition, Alice's dress was messed up and the Queen's eyelashes were smushed into her eyes, but I opened the case and those were an easy fix.

What I am most annoyed about it is that they make you pay for this very expensive item before looking at it and then tell you that you can't return it even if it is damaged because it is LE. And it looked like they had more dolls than people who wanted them, so the entire situation makes me doubly angry. If I hadn't already paid, I would have just said forget it, keep your stupid damaged dolls. It's just a shame because the Alice set is my favorite out of the entire DFDC line this year.

Okay, sorry for MY rant. Ugh, it makes me so angry sometimes the way the DS store treats its customers! If they just had better quality control in the first place, then collectors wouldn't have to keep asking to look at additional dolls. Unfortunately, it is not just the DFDC dolls that have quality control issues, the 17" line has its problems too. I apologize if I am being too negative. I am very happy for everyone who got their dolls today, but honestly, this is not the first time this year that I have wondered whether the disappointment and aggravation of collecting these dolls is worth it. I still think the dolls are beautiful and I like having them---I still want to get the new and upcoming ones, but I'm getting burnt out with the stress it causes at every release. I collect other dolls besides Disney, and with those, there is never this much hassle, so it is simply more enjoyable.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’m going to buy any more DFDC sets either. I‘m really on the fence about ordering the Alice set because my Lady Tremaine came with lopsided hair. Last year, my Snow White had hair gel on her face and flyaways. Luckily, I was able to fix those issues. For the high prices that Disney charges, I should not have to fix anything. I can deal with minor imperfections, but I want my dolls to look nice on display. Is that too much to ask?

Oh Gosh! amm3, Micks, and Dr. Woozle, That all sounds horrible, I have noticed that since Disney has upped the amount of dolls and the demand has grown they have been making more mistakes, but then I don't even know if the size of the release is the issue because I saw they even messed up a platinum Aladdin Wedding Set and Jasmine didn't have earrings on one.

I always hate holding my breath waiting for a doll to arrive to find out if it's been smashed or it has a mistake. I used to order at least 2 17" dolls because one would always arrive damaged but since they limited it to 1, which has cut down on scalping but has made it harder and more expensive to collect a quality doll. I would be very upset If I were actually able to pick up a doll in person but then not even be able to pick the one I want, I can see why you guys are frustrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back