Disney Fan Daze character appearance guesses

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Piglet, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Piglet

Piglet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hi everyone!

Disneyland Paris just announced a new event: the Disney Fan Daze weekend which will take place next June. It will be a hard ticketed event during the evening, with the Studios park privatised. There will also be 50 characters (most of them rare) out for meet & greets. It all sounds very exciting!

One thing about the characters intrigued me though.. The website says this: "Mickey is expanding his Disney FanDaze VIP (Very Important Pals) family to include two rare Disney Characters who have NEVER been seen together anywhere in the history of Disney Parks. What a scoop! But keep it to yourself, for now."

I read someone guessing Oswald and Ortensia. Which would be awesome! But do any of you have any other guesses?

2. NutMeg

NutMeg I tie my own sandals.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Ooh, that's super exciting! I wish they would do this at DLR, or bring back the Long-Lost Friends Week they did a few years ago. Maybe someday when I'm old and gray I'll get to finally meet Meg and Esmeralda...

As for the new characters, I think Oswald is a good guess. Personally I've always thought it would be really cool if they had a Vanessa face character. Ursula is one of the most iconic villains and would probably be very popular at the parks, but her costume would be incredibly impractical, so I totally get why they don't have her walking around (how would she even walk?) Plus the few times that they've brought her out for parades or meet and greets, she's always turned out looking terrible and/or terrifying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yeah, Vanessa would be an awesome alternative! I can see her having really fun banter with guests, trying to steal their voices...

3. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    410   0   0

DLP loves Merlin and the Fairy Godmother together. They were just out for the DLP marathon. Man...50 characters... I would kill for something like that here at WDW! My signature/selfie book weeps for the opportunity!

~Merlin

4. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I'm wondering if the trick is the word "together." Rare characters, who've never been seen TOGETHER. So maybe they've been seen separately at different parks over the years (albeit, still rarely).

5. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Also ... June is many months from now. You could ... go? :D

Love, your friendly neighborhood enabler

6. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    410   0   0

What a miracle that would be, convincing Russ to go to Disney in Paris so I could potentially meet Merlin. XD

You know... When you type it out loud.....

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7. Piglet

Piglet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I do think the word "together" is the trick, as it's so specific.. So it's a duo, they possibly have already been seen separately, but never together.. What a mystery!

@Merlin, if it helps to stop your signature book from weeping I do think that WDW has more character opportunities than DLP on regular days... :)

@Nutmeg: so how did the Long-Lost Friend Week work? Was that the same thing, an event with rare characters, but for a whole week? So cool! I hope they bring it back too, I am sure there would be many fans who'd go :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  8. sbmpins

sbmpins Pin Trader

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I must say I was so jealous when I saw Kronk, Yzma and Kuzco were on the course for the Disneyland Paris Marathon recently! I want them to visit WDW!!!

9. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

So Long Lost Friends week was usually during April and/or August (if memory serves) and they held it in an area in Frontierland that was usually for big company events (this area is now gone thanks to current construction). It didn't require any separate admission, but they had a certain set of rare characters you could meet back here each week. Most of them didn't sign tho, actually, some had cards you could pick up with printed signatures. They did 3 little pigs, Robin Hood and friend, Tarzan characters, a bunch of different ones. Lines were always pretty long and this area was typically very hot as well unfortunately.

10. Piglet

Piglet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Just in case anyone was curious.. It was announced that it will be Ortensia who will be making her debut in Paris during Fan Daze!

11. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    234   0   0

Very cool! I hope whoever is able to go has fun!