• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Parks Blog: Sci-Fi Academy Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Parks Blog: Sci-Fi Academy Update

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
March 1!

From the Disney Parks Blog:
Sci-Fi Academy at Disneyland Resort

posted on February 24th, 2011 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

OK, Disney Parks Blog followers, I received a very important data transmission this morning about a Sci-Fi Academy merchandise pin-trading event taking place on June 24 at the Disneyland Resort. Commander Mickey asked me to share this with as many recruits as possible. So of course, I came to you first!

Attention Recruits:

Commander Mickey here! I’m in need of your assistance. The Sci-Fi Adventure Corps and I have gathered a cosmic amount of strange galactic artifacts and worldly keepsakes from various journeys and Sci-Fi explorations.

My trusty communicator device, R.A.L.F (Reality Alterer with Language Functions) has shared that there are other fascinating worlds and galaxies out there, at our fingertips, containing important information and data from various eras of Sci-Fi movies, books, games and television. The artifacts must be collected, catalogued, traded and studied in order for us to move into other alternate realities from your favorite Sci-Fi adventures and understand the strange alien languages that exist.

Reach for the stars,
Commander Mickey

Recruits interested in attending the Sci-Fi Academy merchandise pin-trading event can join the ranks of Commander Mickey beginning March 1 via www.DisneyPins.com for an out of this world pin-trading and collecting experience.
Are you planning to join the Sci-Fi Academy ranks?

Any idea when (or where) we will get to see the pins? That will definitely affect my decision on whether to go or not...

Damn, this is right in the middle of convention season for me. @_@ Here's hoping I luck out and don't have to work that weekend.

Big thanks to those who posted this info!

-JD

:bowdown:

EARLY REGISTRATION:
The first 400 Guests who register for this event will receive ONE (1) limited edition early registration pin, while supplies last.
Reservations for the Sci-Fi Academy Trading Event package are $70 per person.
(Limited to availability. No discount will be offered in conjunction with this package.)

oooh :eek:

I want to see what the pins look like, as I might be interested in helping to sponsor someone

We're both going and so we would like someone to sponsor Paula. If anyone is interested, let us know.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me this idea of "sponsored"

It's a way for people who don't live near the parks to get all of the event pins. It looks like you live near the park, so you could go. Then lets say you have a significant other, sibling, parent, child who isn't interested in pin activities. The person not near the park will pay for your SO/sibling/parent/child to "attend" the event; sometimes at full registration cost, sometimes less if the person attending will be partaking in activities and food. They will register, fill out an RSP, pick up the pins, including any gifts and then send them to the person not able to attend the event themself.

Last edited:
There is an event teeshirt and the early bird registration pin. thats all that is known at this time. possibly one more but i would not bet my new car on it lol.

Official site now says T-shirt and gift pin. The early bird pin is listed in a seperate section. :)

My daughter and I are not interested in any of the merchandise. Would be happy to be sponsors for this event. $70 registration + RSP -- can register for early bird pin tomorrow. Paypal can be used for payment -- just PM me for details and your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back