• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - 2012-13 [IMAGE HEAVY]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - 2012-13 [IMAGE HEAVY]

DRJ1828

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I present group photos of current (or most recently released) Disney Store dolls representing the cast of the 11 official Disney Princess movies, from Snow White (1937) to Brave (2012). These were all released in 2012-2013, with the first 10 Princess dolls in released in July 2012. We are due to get a new release of dolls in the Disney Princess Classic Doll Collection sometime this summer. Already many of the 2012 version Princess, Prince and sidekick dolls are sold out online.

2012-2013 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Dolls - Disney Store by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Cinderella Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Group Photo by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Sleeping Beauty Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Group Photo by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 The Little Mermaid Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Group Photo by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Beauty and the Beast Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Group Photo - Belle and the Beast by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Beauty and the Beast Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Group Photo - Belle and the Prince by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Aladdin Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Group Photo by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Pocahontas Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - John Smith and Pocahontas by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Mulan Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Li Shang and Mulan by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 The Princess and the Frog Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Prince Naveen, Tiana and Charlotte by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Tangled and Tangled Ever After Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Group Photo by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Brave Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Queen Elinor, Merida, Triplets - Before Transformation by drj1828, on Flickr

2012-2013 Brave Movie Cast Dolls - Disney Store - Queen Elinor, Merida, Triplets - After Transformation by drj1828, on Flickr

None of the female characters have open smiles besides Belle, that really bothers me.

Lovely showcase of the most recent versions of the Disney Store dolls, DRJ1828! I think we may be seeing the 2013 versions of the play dolls rolling out in the next month or two.

This is a good idea. I love the idea of the protagonists, the villain, the comic relief and foil all brought into one!
Thanks, I wanted to document how the current crop of DS play dolls looked together, organized by movie.

None of the female characters have open smiles besides Belle, that really bothers me.
Actually, I don't mind closed mouthed smiles at all, or even serious expressions on Princess and other female dolls, especially on the larger 17'' LE dolls. My two favorite Disney dolls are LE 17'' Snow White and LE 17'' Celebration Merida, both of whom have serious, closed mouth expressions. And as Shivatopia notes, the first five of the Disney Princesses have open mouthed smiles, as shown in the photos above.

Very cute, but is Lottie cross-eyed?
Yes, she is, so she has a goofy, confused look on her face. I prefer to think of her as focusing on a fly on her nose. She is really cute in person, so I don't mind her cross-eyes at all.

Actually, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, and Belle all have open mouth smiles. :)
Thanks for pointing this out. It is curious that the first five Disney Princesses have open mouth smiles, while the last six have closed mouth smiles. I wonder if that was on purpose.

Lovely showcase of the most recent versions of the Disney Store dolls, DRJ1828! I think we may be seeing the 2013 versions of the play dolls rolling out in the next month or two.
Thanks! I'm anxiously waiting for the new crop of dolls. I hope they aren't as disappointing as the new Disney Parks dolls that we've seen so far.

Actually, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, and Belle all have open mouth smiles. :)

Whoops! Totally missed that with the princesses that were pictured. Let me revise, It's a bummer Jasmine and Rapunzel aren't smiling.

DRJ1828, thank you so much for this post, you photos are always captivating. My CM said that the DS dolls will align with the park dolls. I don't know what that means but I am thinking that they may be the same for 2013. I hope not , I like to see a little twist in the park dolls. I also hope that they finally issue Gaston since they now have his Pub in WDW it seems like it would be a great addition.

Great photos! =)

I wonder if Elsa & Anna Dolls will be on disneystore.com within the same month as the trailer release? It would be nice to get merchandise early (like with Brave). <3 Seriously excited for the classic dolls!

It would be interesting to see if new princess dolls (Classic/Singing) will be released along with the Frozen dolls, or released separately to focus on Frozen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from memory the Merida "classic" doll was released before our "classic" 10 Princesses & I'm pretty sure Merida's "Talking" doll was released a while after the 10 Princess "singing" dolls.

I don't mean to go off the topic of "classic" sized dolls, but I'm also curious... there is most likely to be an Anna singing doll... I wonder about Elsa? Seeing as she wouldn't be the one considered as the new "12th Princess" & if she would fit into the line of singing/talking dolls.

It also makes me wonder if in future Elsa will become in a sense "forgotten" & attention will be focused more so on the "official" & "regular" 12 Disney Princesses dolls. While once in a blue moon we get a few doll sets & sidekicks here and there, we still don't have characters like; Wendy, Esmeralda, Kida, Jane, Alice, etc.

Giselle was forgotten (but let's not bring up the whole Amy Adams issue) much like I'm sure Charlotte La Bouff will only ever have 1 "classic" doll of her ever made unless she gets released in a doll set (though she would be a beautiful LE doll). Periwinkle might also get lost eventually, as I haven't seen her in the latest TinkerBell movie trailer. We haven't even got disney fairies "classic" dolls (unlike the UK). Even characters like Ariel's daughter don't get attention & are "forgotten".

On a side note: I love the Charlotte "Classic" doll. I don't mind her eyes & it in a way brings out her personality from the movie.

Anyway, I'll definitely be buying an Elsa "classic" doll! And I'm hoping with the release of "The Little Mermaid" we get a well-made "classic" doll set of the daughters of Triton! =)
Thanks, I'm glad you like my photos.

I'm thinking an early release of merchandise might be the case for Frozen, as I believe that has happened with the most recent major Disney movies. I've been a sucker for the early release of merchandise, for Brave and Oz in particular. Brave merch was released two months before the movie, and Oz, Wreck-it Ralph and Lone Ranger about one month before.

Since Anna isn't an official Disney Princess yet, I don't see why DS would release the new princess dolls simultaneously with Frozen dolls, unless it was just coincidental timing. You are correct that Merida's doll releases were separate from the other Princess doll releases. That makes sense, since Merida wasn't an official Princess yet, and wasn't part of the Disney Princess line. Classic Merida was released online on March 23, 2012 and Talking Merida October 29, 2012.

I know exactly what you mean. The official Princesses are the ones that get the regular updates and special editions and boxed sets. Even among those, Pocahontas and Mulan frequently get less favored treatment (for instance being missing from the current Disney Parks lineup, and getting very little changes from year to year).

Let's hope that Ariel's sisters have full sized dolls this year, but I was told by a CM a while ago that they will only be done in plush :(.

Whoops! Totally missed that with the princesses that were pictured. Let me revise, It's a bummer Jasmine and Rapunzel aren't smiling.
Actually, Jasmine does have a subtle smile, and Rapunzel has a smirk that I would consider a smile.

DRJ1828, thank you so much for this post, you photos are always captivating. My CM said that the DS dolls will align with the park dolls. I don't know what that means but I am thinking that they may be the same for 2013. I hope not , I like to see a little twist in the park dolls. I also hope that they finally issue Gaston since they now have his Pub in WDW it seems like it would be a great addition.
You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment. Ugh, I would hate for the Parks dolls to be the same as the DS dolls. Then the Parks dolls would be way overpriced, unless they reduced the price from the current $19.95. Hopefully, the CM meant that they would be released at about the same time. A Gaston doll would be great. It's a shame that Belle doesn't have any sidekick dolls, as well as Pocahontas and Mulan. Also I would love for the DS to make dolls of the Huntsman, the Queen as Wicked Witch, the Grand Duke and King Fergus.

Last edited:
I love those dolls, I have Belle and Jasmine. I agree that a gaston would be great :) I would deffo buy one. I really want the park Belle as well so will have to source one most likely from ebay.

3 things about this current line up and 2 things about the future line up.
1: I hope they release solo dolls of the step sisters. I just love their faces.
2: The way they colored Prince Charming's lips...kinda make him look like he's been making out with Lady Tremaine.
3: I hope they make a better dressed Maleficent soon. Her face is good...but her outfit...saddens me so.

1: I really hope they add more characters to their line up. Stepping outside the "bread and butter" princesses for just a little but would still be so profitable. They could even do them in limited runs, continue if they profit or cease if they don't.
2: More Villains! :D

Oh yeah, I totally agree with everyone that can't wait to see Frozen merchandise. I have been totally adoring every bit of imagery that I've seen of Elsa so far. SO PRETTY! I seriously want time to speed up...or more images to leak! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back