• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016
Abstaining from buying at higher prices would absolutely bring them down (though you'll always have That Guy who lists everything for $4k and just lets it sit there for years). You see it all the time with regular market demand for less popular items eg. LA Alice. No one buys past a certain price and resellers are forced to stay low. There's a catch though! We're just as responsible for setting the prices as the resellers because we do decide X Doll means Y amount of money to us, and bid/buy accordingly. A lot of those high numbers are us, the collectors, competing against each other - but instead of who can hit the hardest or get away the fastest, it's who can write the bigger cheque! So even if we could reach out to every person who ever saw these dolls and get them to promise not to buy anything for a few months - probably longer - to force the prices down... when we start buying again supply/demand will kick in and the cycle would start all over again. A reasonably priced Snow White is beautiful dream though *sigh*
This is very true. And it stinks.:p I guess it's just an endless circle of price changing with supply/demand. Oh well...

Sometimes you cannot resist going over your budget for a doll just so you finally get the doll of your dreams. I just hate it when sellers go beyond the dolls actual market value. Some sellers could be greedy and its kinda annoying. I met a seller who told me she would accept 1300 for her doll and i declined. Then when I changed my mind and offered 1200 which is already much that I could spend for a doll she wanted 1250 plus another doll of mine. I offered trade initially so she knows what dolls do I have. I was so upset because why would you increase your asking price just because I seem to want that doll too much? And to top it off, I heard from one of the people who inquired on her ad that she said she will only take 1200. Good thing, i was able to find another seller and bought the little mermaid set for a good value. She was my grail actually and I was only tempted by the first doll because of her worth. So yeah buy the doll because you love the character and not because of the value.
Okay, that is horrible! And completely unfair.:( I'm glad you got the set you wanted at a better price.:)

I agree, buy a doll because you love the character, not for the value.:) (My personal favorite of the LEs is purple Elsa, and I know she's nowhere near worth as much as some of the others, but I don't care. Also that makes it more likely that I could get her, lol.:p)

so there was this one shanghai shopper, I asked them to get me one, they first said 298 for everything, after that they ignored me and they ask 700dollar now for everything... I would rather spend 1000 on the other Snow White but that's just my opinion :D she is so pretty it's a shame the shopper went up that high in 1 day, I want a disney land paris doll so that we in europa are lucky for once :l I would love to have a cinderella <3 in her more original outfit. A girl can dream right

The Shanghai Disneyland pick-up shoppers are being bombarded with requests to pick them up, so I think some of them are realizing they can make a lot of money from them and upping the prices accordingly. Also I think the store might now be placing limits on how many dolls people can purchase, since a bunch of the shoppers that had her listed on Taobao say they can't do pick-ups for her anymore. :(

So I got my second replacement 17" Belle (so third doll) and, of course, there is damage to the box again. :p Not a big hole in the plastic like the first doll and not as many creases as the second, but I would rate this to be #2 of 3 as far as damage. In the middle of the first and second dolls :p

The Shanghai Disneyland pick-up shoppers are being bombarded with requests to pick them up, so I think some of them are realizing they can make a lot of money from them and upping the prices accordingly. Also I think the store might now be placing limits on how many dolls people can purchase, since a bunch of the shoppers that had her listed on Taobao say they can't do pick-ups for her anymore. :(

I figured that too. Also, don't give into the hype! There are some crazy people on ebay wanting $500-1000 for this Snow White Doll. At that rate, save up for the original one...

Last edited:
I bought too from yoybuy the new snow white and they charged me now but im not sure if Im able to get the doll. Im just waiting for an update if they are able to get the doll for me or not. A lot have cancelled but im holding on since the dolls are released in waves. And I thought im done with buying dolls after my little mermaid set

So I got my second replacement 17" Belle (so third doll) and, of course, there is damage to the box again. :p Not a big hole in the plastic like the first doll and not as many creases as the second, but I would rate this to be #2 of 3 as far as damage. In the middle of the first and second dolls :p
Oh my..how unlucky can you get? I felt that bad too when i found out my prince eric doll had a dent in his plastic cover right in front of his face that the seller didnt disclosed. We travelled for 6 hrs for these dolls ( with ariel and ursula) and its no use ranting to the seller. I just consoled myself saying at least the doll itself was perfect. I would freak out too if it was ariel and im glad she came perfectly. I guess i couldnt find another prince eric around ontario so I have to live with the doll that I have. Its not like i plan to sell mine. Prince eric doesnt look like the one in the movie aye? He looks more like aladdin and so young while ariel look a little older for her age. Lol pretty dolls though..

I figured that too. Also, don't give into the hype! There are some crazy people on ebay wanting $500-1000 for this Snow White Doll. At that rate, save up for the original one...

I finally found someone who is willing to book it, but they can't get to the park for a few months so the third party company I'm using won't use this seller. Oh well! She's pretty but yeah, if I'm spending that much I'd rather just save up for the original.

Same thing happened here. Another shopper I talked to was going to get one for me and then decided there were too many requests and backed out. I looked at all the other options online and none seem to be working out. I'll add it to the list of dream dolls.

so there was this one shanghai shopper, I asked them to get me one, they first said 298 for everything, after that they ignored me and they ask 700dollar now for everything... I would rather spend 1000 on the other Snow White but that's just my opinion :D she is so pretty it's a shame the shopper went up that high in 1 day, I want a disney land paris doll so that we in europa are lucky for once :l I would love to have a cinderella <3 in her more original outfit. A girl can dream right

Oh my..how unlucky can you get? I felt that bad too when i found out my prince eric doll had a dent in his plastic cover right in front of his face that the seller didnt disclosed. We travelled for 6 hrs for these dolls ( with ariel and ursula) and its no use ranting to the seller. I just consoled myself saying at least the doll itself was perfect. I would freak out too if it was ariel and im glad she came perfectly. I guess i couldnt find another prince eric around ontario so I have to live with the doll that I have. Its not like i plan to sell mine. Prince eric doesnt look like the one in the movie aye? He looks more like aladdin and so young while ariel look a little older for her age. Lol pretty dolls though..

Sis is pretty unlucky with dolls on Disneystore.com. As am I. It really does suck when we can't take time off to get a doll in person :p

my order from yoybuy might get cancelled and aliexpress is my only chance to get my shanghai snow white. so as consolation, I bought my very own purple Rapunzel. I had to pay an arm and leg for it but I really need her to get over my frustration that is snow white. besides, there might be an LE snow white next year.

Sis is pretty unlucky with dolls on Disneystore.com. As am I. It really does suck when we can't take time off to get a doll in person :p

I only had one shipped from disneystore.com and its a 19.99 ornament which I ended up paying 75 cad all in all. that's the last time im gonna do it. I regret it tremendously

For those who don't know, the Beauty and the Beast LE dolls have been showing up at the Times Square DisneyStore...

Not sure if they sold out, but I saw pictures of Belle, Gaston, and Beast.

Same thing happened here. Another shopper I talked to was going to get one for me and then decided there were too many requests and backed out. I looked at all the other options online and none seem to be working out. I'll add it to the list of dream dolls.

really that's so stupid:( I wish the shoppers would handle things different, in america they all asked retail + bonus + paypal + shipping. I think it's safe to say that everybody got the aurora doll in america. BOOM everybody happy I will just forget her and focus on Moana!

my order from yoybuy might get cancelled and aliexpress is my only chance to get my shanghai snow white. so as consolation, I bought my very own purple Rapunzel. I had to pay an arm and leg for it but I really need her to get over my frustration that is snow white. besides, there might be an LE snow white next year.

many people who orderd on aliexpress got their money back after they ordered and payed the doll, strange story. I wouldn't take the risk

many people who orderd on aliexpress got their money back after they ordered and payed the doll, strange story. I wouldn't take the risk

my husbands order had already shipped 2 days ago. he had ordered from this site many times so he has a record there. in fact his ipad case order just arrived yesterday. we expect the doll next week. maybe they received too many ordrs more than what they have in hand that's why they refunded their money. wha I like about aliexpress is that they have their own buyers protection. my husband had 2 disputes there and he won. it took him a month to get his money back. Its tried and tested company for my husband.

Also, I'm not sure what the "risk" is if people got their money back. Disappointment maybe, but no risk. I'd say it's worth a shot because at worst you won't get the doll--but you'll get your money back. I think the original listing is out of stock now, so it might be like what was said: they refunded people after realizing they couldn't get enough for all 60 orders that were placed.

I got mine on eBay, $389 shipped. She shipped today so I am happy. I was unable to find her cheaper. I have heard rumors about another limited edition Snow White doll. Is the Shanghai doll not that doll?

Also, I'm not sure what the "risk" is if people got their money back. Disappointment maybe, but no risk. I'd say it's worth a shot because at worst you won't get the doll--but you'll get your money back. I think the original listing is out of stock now, so it might be like what was said: they refunded people after realizing they couldn't get enough for all 60 orders that were placed.

with risk I mean disappointment or letting another good deal on ebay go. :)

Pictures of Snow White Shanghai doll from Facebook

14955775_1152688141484998_6151476522141477244_n.jpg

15032752_1152688131484999_8773208259179173802_n.jpg

15039513_1152688094818336_7408525919925191666_o.jpg

(I like the COA #, considering that Snow White was released in 1937!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back