• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016
I still stand by my original opinion on it, that it looks WAY too similar to the basic doll to justify it's price. And I'm also not a fan of the facial expression, it works for the basic doll but for this, something she's obviously a bit more dressed up for (not in action/adventuring) it just...doesn't match up that great. I don't know. I also wish they would have done one of her different outfits, like either a fancier version of the one they did the singing doll in, or the outfit she wears at the end of the movie...or were those two the same outfit? I've only seen the movie twice so far, I can't remember.

All in all, this doll just looks very rushed to me...ESPECIALLY when you compare it to the LE dolls that Frozen had to celebrate it's release.

I've been reading about a lot of damaged dolls too, sad. Don't they know how to pack them?

i think it was already damaged before they even shipped it. The box that came with it was perfect and it was bubble wrapped. Almost all customers of yoybuy got damaged dolls and even far worst than mine. At least 2 even have the top of the box completely torn off. Yoybuy promised me 50 usd but its been days and still nothing. There was someone I knew who received an email informing her that her doll was broken. I guess this was done because alot already complained. And after the buyer requested for a refund they replied back that the doll is not damage and they will not refund her. This company is full of crap!

I love the film moana so much! I thought it was way better than frozen because it made me laugh and cry more than the latter. I thought the film was amazing! Unfortunately i dont feel the same with the doll at least for now because I havent seen the box yet. Who knows she might look better with the box. I just feel like she doesnt look any different with her classic doll. I found her classic doll so amazing so I kinda expected them to do better with the LE. I guess i expected too much. The dress i find it accurate to the film. It is pretty imo. But the doll itself doesnt look accurate to me. Her body doesnt match the film either. She looks like a short person rather than a young person. She looks like she had a stunted growth or something. Her face looks alright but she doesnt look moana. She looks fiercer than the one in the film.

I have no clue. I didn't buy from yoybuy or taobao because I don't understand or read Mandarin. I've got mine from Minka's Disney store and she is awesome! I've just been following people's posts on Facebook and it looks like it's been a real nightmare. Some people paid over 400$ usd and received damaged dolls.

I ordered from minkas as well. I like how fast she response to your emails. I ordered and paid thursday and then on saturday she informed me that they were able to get my doll and its on its way to hongkong. After receiving shes gonna send me photos before shipping her to me. Im hoping her bow will look perfect because I have 3 snows and their boxes were not in good shape lol i heard she packages well with utmost care so im confident. Shes so nice to work with

Do you know if that taobao was the same seller sending the dolls to yoybuy? If it was your doll is definitely in pristine condition and that would mean yoybuy messed up the dolls after they deboxed them to forward.

Definitely it has been an ordeal for people buying from yoybuy. Glad you got her at such a good price!

Yoybuy got my snow white from a seller named yaoyao. My gosh my dolls box was so damaged and the plastic case was scratch. And you know what else? We received it very dirty like it was left on a corner for years!

Yoybuy got my snow white from a seller named yaoyao. My gosh my dolls box was so damaged and the plastic case was scratch. And you know what else? We received it very dirty like it was left on a corner for years!

Yeah, I've been followng your posts on Facebook. From what I read it was a nightmare.

I loved the Moana movie, but I do not care for the LE doll. Now rather than thinking she looks too similar to her basic doll (which I have), I just don't like that expression. The Moana in the movie has sass but she's a sweet girl I'd want to be friends with. I wouldn't want to be friends with that doll, lol. The doll looks...not nice, and for lack of a better word, exactly what Pxv703 called her (unpleasant/b**chy). Just not in character. Might be the angle though, I suppose, I don't know. I'm kind of glad I don't like her much because then it doesn't matter that I don't have money for her.:p All that being said, I liked the movie, if you haven't seen it, please do so.:)

Very quiet in here for Moana with her release being tomorrow for Europe.

1500 we have - who will be trying for one? I'm off Christmas shopping tomorrow so will pop into my local store to see if they have any left and make a decision.

Very quiet in here for Moana with her release being tomorrow for Europe.

1500 we have - who will be trying for one? I'm off Christmas shopping tomorrow so will pop into my local store to see if they have any left and make a decision.

ill visit the store tomorrow as well and see if she does look better in person.

So the Moana doll is so much more beautiful than in the pictures. Her crown has mini shells that make up the flowers, and the sculpture of Pua and Hei Hei is very detailed and large. Her box is very appropriately detailed. The only thing I wish were better is the necklace. It does open, however the outside is not painted to look like the opalescent inside of a shell. It's just a dull blue.

Unfortunately, I can't afford her at this time. But if there's a DVD doll, I hope to get that one.

15356526_1340834609274066_8779299050525265663_n.jpg

so here is a picture of her box from someone out of the european and uk limited edition dolls

I wasn't in love with the stock doll photos, I hope/know she will look better in person. Since I loved the movie so much, I am definitely going to see if I can get her in store tomorrow.

That's what I'm thinking but I can't see them making say 700 with Moana on for the UK - the allocation would be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back