• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017
I personally love them and will try to add them to my collection. However, I see these suffering a similar fate as the Alice dolls last year. 5,500 is huge for a live action doll. Not all Disney collectors are into them, so I can see these warming shelves for months before the price gets dropped. The platinum will probably sell very fast in the US... and sit on the overseas sites for a lonnnnnng time. These dolls don't sell as well as they used to (AKA, scalpers are no longer able to flip them, so they're not buying them all up).

I was told that there is two surprise releases on March 17th. I have a very good friend that works at the Disney Store. I knew it would be Belle as what other doll would be released on the premiere date.
Now that a picture of the Belle doll has been released, I can only assume the other one will be Beast. I wish for once, they would do Prince.
I'm going to head up there the morning of due to the fact that I want to see her in person. I may not actually buy her. Not much different than the barbie type dolls. I was hoping for excellence.
I already bought DS Belle, Beast, Belle & Gaston and the Toys R Us Exclusive Belle & Prince.

I was told that there is two surprise releases on March 17th. I have a very good friend that works at the Disney Store. I knew it would be Belle as what other doll would be released on the premiere date.
Now that a picture of the Belle doll has been released, I can only assume the other one will be Beast. I wish for once, they would do Prince.
I'm going to head up there the morning of due to the fact that I want to see her in person. I may not actually buy her. Not much different than the barbie type dolls. I was hoping for excellence.
I already bought DS Belle, Beast, Belle & Gaston and the Toys R Us Exclusive Belle & Prince.

So we may have two more releases? Or are the LE Belle and the Platinum set the surprise releases? Also, you mentioned you had the Toys R Us Prince...what do you think of him?? Since Disney Store hasn't released a 12" Prince I'm considering getting the Hasbro doll but haven't had a chance to see him in person so I was curious what others thought of him.

I'm such a moody hypocrite you guys lol I went to Walmart after work and ended up buying hasbro's belle in her yellow dress. She was just so pretty, the face and hair were perfect... and I love her dress, hoping after I see the movie I'll love the dress even more. But she's really pretty for a hasbro doll.

I'm not a fan of their faces, despite the clearly effortful repaint efforts.

I do very much like the prince's outfit. His shoes are cool, too (while I wish they were pleather rather than hard plastic, their period shape is great). But that's it.

Just as well, since both Moanas stung at this higher LE price. I really debated the second Moana because I really didn't need a tamer Moana, but in the end that joyful red got to me and I decided I would treat myself. I'm happy but have been feeling bad for what is feeling like borderline overspending. I'm actually glad that I'm not tempted and I will rest easy on this next release.

Is it possible that the yellow dress Belle has a better mold than the platinum Belle? Eh, maybe it's just the hair that's throwing it off, since it's got to be the exact same mold. Ah, well. I don't go for the Platinum sets anyway, so it really makes no difference. I will be trying my luck for yellow dress Belle. Gotta try to work out the timing, though, seeing as I've also all ready got my tickets to see the film that afternoon, as well.

Some astute people on Facebook noticed that the hairline has been photoshopped! So who knows what we will end up with???

Is it really shopped? I just figured they added and threaded more hair holes into the forehead. But I think, out of nervousness from the bad press from the original "fivehead" they had designed, now I find they overdid it and she has way less forehead than Emma Watson does, so in terms of keeping the resemblance to her, they haven't. I kind of agree with some commenters I saw that with the way it's styled for the Celebration Dress doll, she now resembles Barack Obama instead. And Yellow Dress Belle just looks like a peeved out complete stranger to me. But I do think their efforts to recolor her face to look less sickly has worked and her complexion looks normal now.

Is it really shopped? I just figured they added and threaded more hair holes into the forehead. But I think, out of nervousness from the bad press from the original "fivehead" they had designed, now I find they overdid it and she has way less forehead than Emma Watson does, so in terms of keeping the resemblance to her, they haven't. I kind of agree with some commenters I saw that with the way it's styled for the Celebration Dress doll, she now resembles Barack Obama instead. And Yellow Dress Belle just looks like a peeved out complete stranger to me. But I do think their efforts to recolor her face to look less sickly has worked and her complexion looks normal now.

Something to do with the blurriness near that area. I don't Photoshop well at all. Our program is 15+ years old, lol. I saw it when sis was scrolling through her FB feed.

I think that blurry spot doesn't really mean anything. They were probably just photoshopping the image like they always do to make them look more "professional" and they made an error that they didn't bother to correct. They have done that so many times in the past that I doubt it means anything. I remember the Aladdin and Jasmine platinum set had I think some fabric or a bit of her tiara floating above her head, so it isn't like these kinds of things are new for Disney.

That said, the dolls DO probably use those weird face masks instead of a basic doll head with rooted hair, so they did probably want to make the hairline look a little better in the stock photo. I'm sure it will be fine in person though. I remember a lot of people had problems with the 17" Cinderella, and she ended up looking gorgeous in person. This doll is a significant improvement over the film collection doll at the very least.

I heard either on FB or Tumblr that someone was talking to a manager at their Disney Store and and they said there were two surprise skus in the system. If true could this possibly be a surprise beast and Gaston or maybe the Le cogsworth and Lumiere? I'm not holding my breath for anything but it would be nice

The upcoming Belle dolls are wearing the two dresses that I dislike. The shape of the bodice on the yellow dress looks awkward to me, and the white floral dress looks like it was designed by granny's nursing home sewing club. Seriously, there will be tons of grannies who will be pridefully wearing similar dresses on Easter Sunday.

I did pick up the new Moana doll. Her face is still not 100 percent accurate, but she was too gorgeous to leave at the store. I couldn't resist the color pallet.

Last edited:
Wait we're getting a LE Belle in the white floral dress she wears in the library too? Hmm the blue is my favorite but that one is ok I guess? Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Last edited:
My FB group posted this earlier tonight.

Here they are - the Limited Edition Lumiere and Cogsworth...

17155659_1325971470826656_467165674337436706_n.jpg

Note: Not sure if this would count as the 'surprise' LEs (since they're all ready on sale) or if those are still to come.

One can only hope for two surprise LE Dolls but I think the two surprise dolls are the ones that were already announced for Friday..would be awesome of they surprised us with a Beast or Gaston, or maybe another Belle in her something there or library dress. Not counting on anything but Belle for Friday

One can only hope for two surprise LE Dolls but I think the two surprise dolls are the ones that were already announced for Friday..would be awesome of they surprised us with a Beast or Gaston, or maybe another Belle in her something there or library dress. Not counting on anything but Belle for Friday

I would LOVE this ^ as I'm not a fan of Belle's yellow dress. Still hoping for a LE Gaston doll *sigh*

So, yeah, it seems the box for Yellow Gown Belle (or whatever we're calling this one) basically resembles what we had for Cinderella two years ago.

Makes sense, they used this style for Alice as well. I like them, they're pretty, but having to deal with the bow on the back can be a bit of a pain. Also not much room for these big skirts. Most of the visual interest on Belle's gown is on the bottom where it's obscured by the box :/

She looks better than she does in the promo pic, but she's basically a larger version of the classic doll with eyelashes and rhinestones. There's nothing eye-catching or special about her. The limited dolls have been so hit or miss lately.

I'm just not a fan of the mask!!! I really hope Disney store stops this for their live action rooted hair dolls!!!I feel like if the dolls hair was rooted from the scalp, she would look much better. Oh well....I think she will last much longer than the ALICE DOLLS LOL!!

I don't know. Although I am not a fan of her myself I have been noticing people changing their minds about not getting her. Judging by the speed some of the Batb stuff has been selling I think chances are she will eventually sell out. The platinum set will definitely sell out tonight though. I'm skipping this release but I want to wish everyone who wants them good luck.

I didn't want to get her but after seeing the movie tonight I changed my mind. I REALLY wish they would release a LE luke evans Gaston doll though. He was my favorite of the film. Amazing film. It surpassed my expectations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back