• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2017
oooh yay! I'm gonna try to get them all at once and not worry about getting them each week.

OK, it looks like the pre-order is set for September 4th and DS changed the release dates in the US.

Some images from their website:

lp_designer-dolls-20170828_01.jpg

LOL. Those images are hilarious...

The rapunzel close up image: Hey, ignore the intricate embroidery on the skirt, let's zoom in on the area that has the least detailing in her dress, like stitching in the lace instead of doing it properly like Aurora in last year's set!

Moana: Hmm... How do we differentiate between this doll and the general release one that came out with the movie? I know! Let's not!

I can't even with that Little mermaid set...

It's like they gave up haha

That was supposed to be me for the same reason, better to be up once rather than 5 times but I completely forgot and was in a panic the next day, luckily it was still available when I checked later that morning and went ahead with the preorder.

Will anyone else be waiting for the whole set tonight? It's just easier for me to get up at 3 am once than every other week.

Does....does Marian not have a tail? They specifically mentioned that Robin has a plush one and nothing for Marian.

Does....does Marian not have a tail? They specifically mentioned that Robin has a plush one and nothing for Marian.

Not sure. If she did, it would be covered up by her dress, unless they put a hole on the back and put it through? But it would probably take a deboxer to let us know.

I just noticed both Moana dolls are still online... omg

Yep, I've been saying that for a while. Just goes to show how awful of a choice Moana was for this line...and what's even worse is that she's in the exact same outfit as the first LE doll. I just don't understand any of their decisions this year, this line is a good as dead if you ask me.

There is little to no promotion for this line. I went to one of the stores today, they have no merchandise out, and only a couple of people were there for the raffle. If Disney lost interest in selling this line, why did they even bother making it? I have a feeling some of this series will eventually go on sale!

Last edited:
Hope everyone who wanted Cruella got her.

I'm only for sure going for Rapunzel and Eugene this time around (because Tangled is one of my top 3 favs). I haven't decided on any others yet. I'm gonna have to see Moana and Little Mermaid in person, I think (especially Little Mermaid - sorry, but Triton just doesn't appeal to me in any of the pics I've seen). The Robin Hood set's becoming a serious possibility.

There is little to no promotion for this line. I went to one of the stores today, they have no merchandise out, and only a couple of people were there for the raffle. If Disney lost interest in selling this line, why did they even bother making it? I have a feeling some of this series will eventually go on sale!

I hope so. I kinda like the Tangled ones, but they don't look very designer-y to me to justify the price tag.

Of course the time I do the preorder is the time they decide to do afternoon releases...figures. Here I thought I would be spared from waking up at 2 am for 5 weeks. I too feel like these sets will go on sale, the numbers are high enough. Maybe the Tangled set will sell out.

Last edited:
Disney needs to slow down and focus on quality over quantity. I somewhat like the Cruella set, but I can’t justify spending $140 on one doll that only comes with a handful of cheap plastic figures. For that price, Roger or Anita should have been included. I was looking forward to seeing Robin and Marian, but they ended up looking like dressed up play line toys. Designer versions of furry animals should never have plastic exteriors. I might buy Ariel and Triton but only because merman dolls are so rare. Ariel’s fins look cheaper than Triton’s fins. I wish their fin designs were the same. It’s painfully obvious that Disney is cutting corners and cranking out as many dolls as they can to maximize profits.

Does anyone know when these sets will be available in Europe? I read October 10th for Cruella, but that's like, a month after her US release?!

I am beyond happy that Disney actually made a King Triton and Ariel doll set because I have been saying that I wanted that set for a LONG time. So thank you Disney. I as well wish their tails were the same but then I kind of like the contrast . . . makes it more pleasing to the eyes instead of having two tails that look alike. My complaint however, is that Disney is completely mocking Disney Doll Collectors thinking that they can charge exorbitant amounts for a doll (speaking of Cruella and Moana specificially) by just calling them designer (not much to look at and call special and THEN adding little plastic animals and CHARGING the SAME amount as the two doll packs.. .. ... .. seriously? I know some people will buy them, and that's probably why they did that, but to do that to your customers will give a bad name in the Doll Community. Like the Live Action Bell Doll. People think because of that doll that Disney is one of the worse places to get a realistic doll from. If They keep on this road people will stop collecting these dolls because collectors will feel like Disney is just trying to wring them of their money in return for cheap products. It makes collectors like me, who have been collecting since 2006, want to look else where. I would rather spend more on a doll from a Different company (Hot Toys, Tonner, etc.) than the Disney Store if that means I will get something that is actually detailed and better quality.

You know what I just realized? Both of the 16 inch Moana LE dolls, which are both still in stock, are CHEAPER than the price point for these "designer" sets...I thought charging full price for the one doll sets (Cruella and Moana) was ridiculous from the start but after realizing this...wow.

They better get their act together with these LE dolls so the whole line doesn't crash and burn before I get a limited edition Esmeralda or Megara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back