Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2018

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Dec 18, 2017.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    506   0   0

Since there are rumors of a new Designer line coming out (wedding dolls), I thought I would start a new thread!

2. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    506   0   0

3. LordTremaine

LordTremaine Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I hope this is real because that is gorgeous. I've been waiting for an LE Ariel doll in a wedding dress and the drawing is perfect. I just hope the potential doll looks as good.

4. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Fans have been asking for this series for some time. It would be a great improvement to the Designer line.

5. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I heard it's starting at accessories.

6. sopranostar

sopranostar New Member

0   0   0

There goes another opportunity for a Merida designer doll, because she wouldn’t be caught dead in a wedding dress.

starry_solo likes this.
  7. DisneyEverlasting

DisneyEverlasting Member

0   0   0

OMG THIS WOULD BE A DREAM! I’ve wanted Belle in a wedding dress SO BADLY! My Disneyland Paris wedding pin of her is my favorite. Of course I’d have to get Ariel too because THAT is gorgeous.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  8. cxn4689

cxn4689 Member

0   0   0

Wow~ Hope it's true. The "leaked" (or fake) picture of concept design of Ariel is so beautiful~

9. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

Please let this be true! It makes sense to go back to the original princesses since the last few lines have't sold as well.

10. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

... this is going to kill my wallet isn't it?

11. DisneyEverlasting

DisneyEverlasting Member

0   0   0

Supposedly this is a tag on a Disney Designer Ariel child’s costume found at a local Disney Store. Check out mmDisney200 on Instagram. It has credit to the original photo post and shows what the kid’s costume looks like. It’s SO pretty and SO Ariel!

12. MagicLover1

MagicLover1 Member

0   0   0

I’ve been reading responses about this and it’s been getting a lot of hate for being so different from the one she wears at the end of her movie. Honestly, it’s SO refreshing seeing new ideas. The first two years had some fun designs that I’ve missed. The Fairytale (Couple, Good vs Evil, and Moments) series have been nice, but very carbon copy with some textures and patterns. I own every Sleeping Beauty designer doll that’s been released, and I love hem all, but I am so excited to see actual designer dolls. It looks like love was put into this design by Steve Thompson and I’m so excited to see what 2018 brings.

DisneyEverlasting likes this.
  13. DisneyEverlasting

DisneyEverlasting Member

0   0   0

Check out this tumblr blog: All Those Disney Dolls. They have an Instagram post about Radio Disney France confirming a wedding line for all 10 princesses. It sounds like it may be single boxes without their princes. Hopefully more to come soon. I’m excited for it to be a Designer line with modern clothes! I cannot wait to see Belle!!! They better put her in something simple yet beautiful.

14. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the info! I cant wait for the pictures and concept arts.
    I wonder if the dolls are going to be cheaper as they're single set or they will still be $129.95?

15. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

One of the posts on that tumblr blog says 70 euro so those will be less (Anna 17 inch doll is 95 euro, so you can compare)
    As it comes from the same source as the information about this line it is not 100% reliable and official

16. Beryl

Beryl New Member

0   0   0

Oh I see! I checked on google that 70 euro is about 85 usd, so I guess it will be around 85~90 usd. If the source is true, it is sad not to be able to see the groom dolls with the brides together but at least the price will be more affordable!

17. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

My wallet is breathing a sigh of relief. If they do a Jasmine doll, I might have to get it. I really want a dress similar to her broadway wedding dress. It was so pretty!
    [​IMG]

18. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

This one looks beautiful!
    I hope they don't copy the platium set Jasmine, possibly they'll put her in a one piece dress so she's different form the other Jasmine dolls

19. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

Sorry if this is off topic but does anyone know or think we will get some at least Movie collection dolls from A Wrinkle in Time. I think some of the characters will translate well into doll form but it seems an unlikely move by Disney to do dolls for this film. As for the wedding designers those should turn out nice and i hope its just a single doll again but if it is two i hope the larger cases make a return

20. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

They've done dolls for many of their other live action releases like the OZ dolls (i dont remember the title, the movie wasn't memorable). I doubt they will get limited edition dolls but we should see a couple of "classic" 12" dolls like with the other live action releases.

21. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    506   0   0

And the best part is....wait for it.....Disney and Mattel repaired their relationship so Mattel will be releasing the non-LE dolls!!!

22. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

Any news on the 2018 signature Minnie? I saw something about a European release but no info on the US release.

23. MagicLover1

MagicLover1 Member

0   0   0

I went to the Disney Store and got a sheet of paper with January releases. It said that the new Minnie is coming out the 22nd, for National Polka Dot Day. That's at least my understanding.

24. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

According to this I think we will!

List of 2018 Barbie dolls

25. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    506   0   0

I think Mattel does a great job. They make them all look so pretty!