• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneyland suspending APs of personal shoppers and flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh what’s the story on the two guys...I want to hear...:))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can look it up but here is the short. It was two guys and a girlfriend. They just made fakes and sold them. One was a X CM. they got caught and it was lots of lots of money. Only got busted or looks like it was only because of Uncle Sam. The mouse is ok with whatever is not taking money from him. I think the fakes ened up going to the park and still those people spend more mone... So the mouse looks away. Sad. If you can't find the story I will post a link. It's good for education but do not want to focus on the negative. Some think I'm that way. I think it's more for education when I tell the bad of this or some other thing.

You can look it up but here is the short. It was two guys and a girlfriend. They just made fakes and sold them. One was a X CM. they got caught and it was lots of lots of money. Only got busted or looks like it was only because of Uncle Sam. The mouse is ok with whatever is not taking money from him. I think the fakes ened up going to the park and still those people spend more mone... So the mouse looks away. Sad. If you can't find the story I will post a link. It's good for education but do not want to focus on the negative. Some think I'm that way. I think it's more for education when I tell the bad of this or some other thing.

No need for a link.
@ItzaPinfan : if you do a search (top right corner), you will see that this story was discussed a lot when it was going on a few years ago

I'm not sure how we got from the topic of this discussion (suspending APs) to scrappers and fakes.

I'd prefer Disney to crack down on the manufacturers who sell scrapers and fakes before they went after fantasy makers. I don't buy fantasy pins but to me that is my choice. Fakes of pins Disney produces that flood the market make trading harder. Is the Angus WDI steed I receive the "real" pin or is it a fake? I realize that both are cases of IP theft but scrapers/fakes are a bigger issue to me.

I guess I should have used the quotes before. Threads are hard to follow at times. So now Li can see why we talked about scrapers or how others may have talked about this or that. It was not something I just brought up out of the blue.

I think the over all point is Disney can choose to enforce any of its rules, it just seems that they do not look at them all with the same amount of concern. The AP shopping thing was always something people talked about for years. If I go to the park on the same day each week and buy my pins by the dozen.... I'm either a hardcore fan and collector or I'm a reseller. Tracking of the AP was something I thought they would have done from the get go. Could even use it to promote other things to us by looking at what we like to buy.

Last edited:
Well put, Pincrazy. It's very sad that some folks are out to profit from our fun hobby

This story has finally hit officially, now that it's in print and with interviews. It was a rumor going around for awhile this past year.

Seemed the past holiday popcorn containers, DLR's remedy was to have an endless supply. For Halloween the cauldron didn't seem to sellout, and the LGM for Xmas seems to be still around.

I find when Disney cracks down or changes anything, it's a direct response to complaints by the public. When a complaint is logged, and enough of them, it seems to trigger an action on their part so they have a response.

Sadly what was easier, convenient, and logical is now a hassle or deterrent. We forget our identy is not private nor our actions especially in the Happiest Place. It works both ways for what we expect from Disney.

Not sure for other Disney collectibles, but for pin's sake, I'm hoping that they can become reasonable traders again? Maybe too hopeful, but if pins can trade at ratios of wants/haves, LE#, or not on a sliding $$$ amount maybe it can become a fun hobby again? Instead I interpret it as a grab fest of I've got it, you don't, and mine is worth more.....and then I enthusiastically say "congrats, you have a nice pin, glad you were lucky to get it" :p

As Roz would say, 'I’m watching you, Wazowski. Always watching. Always.'

Open conversation is terrific and encouraged, but please keep it courteous, civilized, and respectful at all times. This is a general PSA, not directed at anyone in particular, a reminder before this thread escalates and explodes into drama. Keep calm and carry on, but remember you have been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back