• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #3

nateeter

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am so excited to host the 3rd Round of DPF's Anniversary Giveaway! I haven't been in the community as long as many of you, but have witnessed (and received) so much kindness and generosity from this pin-family. Thank you for allowing me to give a little back.

The Rules are simple and consistent with the first two rounds:
1. You must be a member of DPF
2. Winner must be willing to send me your address so that I can ship you the prize

This week's game will give each member 3 opportunities to enter. You may enter once, twice, or all three times. You will have until 8pm PST/11pm EST on Friday, July 10th to complete any or all opportunities. Some time after that, a moderator will run a randomizer to determine the winner.

If at any point you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Edited to add: Feel free to play and pass on winning the prize. Just let me know. ;)

Last edited:
Prizes:

I've only been collecting since 2015, and don't have nearly as many "cool" pins as the rest of you. So, I pulled together a variety of things in the hopes that the winner will be able to have somethings they want and somethings they can perhaps trade for other somethings they want. :) They include:

Disney Employee Center, LE 250 - Woody
Acme, LE 750 - Dug
Fairy Tails Event, LE 750 - Pluto & Fifi with Lithograph
Disney Parks, LE 2,000 - Little Mermaid Park Cruiser
FigPin, OE - Sorcerer Mickey
Disney Parks, OE - Living My Best Life
Disney Parks, OE - Cheshire in Tree
ShopDisney, OE - Animator's Collection Mystery Box Aurora
ShopDisney, OE - Animator's Collection Mystery Box Tinker Bell
ShopDisney, OE - Oh My Disney Powerline
ShopDisney, OE - Oh My Disney Little Green Men Squad
Loungefly, OE - Funko Pop Forky
Loungefly, OE - Lenticular, Painting Toulouse
Loungefly, OE - Mystery Box Mulan

075bc1e0e9116c9a5fea28cf603acf44.jpg

644a0805b943e0d9292491ce671ed9f4.jpg

f939d878959d6c1c7470260d7b8e62ca.jpg

a684bcba62c05b7cc02643467417a4c2.jpg

602c853bbf902f2355b6626e46fad587.jpg

bfad817ba5c782af04964f7348124633.jpg

ae92b6fe562e2fc40c9d52a8a16c7428.jpg

Winner may also peruse my PinPics to swap out above pins for similar ones available in my traders. PinPics: nateeter

Last edited:
Opportunity 1: Tell me a Story

Even more than your collections, I'd like to get to know a little more about each of you and some of the personal pins in those collections. So, show us the pin which holds the most sentimental value for you, and tell us the story. Maybe it reminds you of that funny time on a certain attraction, or it was a gift from someone special, or it represents a perfect moment (or not so perfect moment) on a Disney trip, or reminds you of someone you love... let us know what makes you hold it near and dear.

Again, you have until 8pm PST / 11pm EST on Friday, July 10th.

Last edited:
Opportunity 3: Show us your face... your funny face!

I am LOVING the stories and getting to know each of you a bit more! So many of you have warmed my heart, and a couple of you have even had me tearing up.

So, for the final challenge, let’s get a bit silly and put some faces with our usernames! Pick out the silliest/funniest pin you own. Let us see a picture of it, and a picture of you... mimicking it. This can be done in one photo or two. Show us your “funny face”! After all, “laughter is timeless”!

0c2c61c8120958a6d55c756c3a9abf20.jpg

Last edited:
Entries:

1. Pecosace (op. 1)
2. Purplemandms (op. 1)
3. maiarebecca (op. 1)
4. theoucharis (op. 1)
5. lynn99 (op. 1)
6. coblj003 (op. 1)
7. firechief18 (op. 1)
8. Pibbman (op. 1)
9. Pecosace (op. 2)
10. bingandnelsonfan (op. 1)
11. bingandnelsonfan (op. 2)
12. maiarebecca (op. 2)
13. Purplemandms (op. 2)
14. TangledUpInIce (op. 1)
15. TangledUpInIce (op. 2)
16. stitchismyspiritanimal (op. 1)
17. theoucharis (op. 2)
18. cyke23 (op. 1)
19. Snoffsan (op. 1)
20. Snoffsan (op. 2)
21. Gelatoni (op. 1)
22. Gelatoni (op. 2)
23. stratasfan (op. 1)
24. stratasfan (op. 2)
25. Pibbman (op. 2)
26. timeerkat (op. 1)
27. SoraPandora (op. 1)
28. SoraPandora (op. 2)
29. FoolishMortal71 (op. 2)
30. slbrabham (op. 1)
31. timeerkat (op. 2)
32. firechief18 (op. 2)
33. coblj003 (op. 2)
34. TinyTink (op. 2)
35. stitchismyspiritanimal (op. 2)
36. maiarebecca (op. 3)
37. Snoffsan (op. 3)
38. LadyBarclay (op. 1)
39. slbrabham (op. 2)
40. Rick195275 (op. 1)
41. summerskin (op. 2)
42. SoraPandora (op. 3)
43. LadyBarclay (op. 2)
44. LadyBarclay (op. 3)
45. starry_solo (op. 1)
46. summerskin (op. 1)
47. starry_solo (op. 2)

Last edited:
Here is my pin! It is a Pin trading Mickey that I got at Epcot! I remember the park was about to close and I was very young but still enjoyed pin trading. I went up to the little tent store on the walkway between World Showcase and Future World near where the Kim Possible/Perry/DuckTales booth is located and traded for this pin. The cast member told me that it is a special pin since it is a hidden mickey (I don't think it actually is though since it was from a booster pack as said on pinpics, but it sure looks like it)! She told me all about hidden mickey pins and they are only on cast member lanyards and different series come out. I was impressed and have always held this one close and dear!
78BgzgU.gif

I'm in!

Opportunity 1: Tell me a Story
Even more than your collections, I'd like to get to know a little more about each of you and some of the personal pins in those collections. So, show us the pin which holds the most sentimental value for you, and tell us the story. Maybe it reminds you of that funny time on a certain attraction, or it was a gift from someone special, or it represents a perfect moment (or not so perfect moment) on a Disney trip, or reminds you of someone you love... let us know what makes you hold it near and dear.

So, many members are familiar with this story (although I can't seem to find the link to the original thread) but when the Heroine pins were being released, they came out with one of my girl Tink. I honestly never thought I'd ever see one in person, nevertheless own one. But then @MerlinEmrys tagged me on a FB post about a kind soul who was trading their pin instead of selling (now a DPF member @JumpInTheDPin ). But to prove myself, I needed to answer an obscure Tink trivia question. And after some investigating, I did! And I was the first to answer.

However, the trade was not yet complete. I still needed to come up with some worthy pins. So I put out a call to the DPF community, and so many people came out in droves to help. Whether it be with coordinating three way trades, or even offering to zap some of the pins, it was really a special moment for me to see so many supportive members in the community.

Long story short, she's currently safely in my lockbox. But I take her out whenever I'm having a tough day to remind me that there is a lot of goodness in the world, especially here.

RS_R91410f1357.png

About a year and a half ago I went to WDW with mom. She hadn’t been in almost 20 years and the whole trip she seemed like a child discovering it for the first time. It was such a special trip to share with her! I gave her a lanyard and we traded with CM’s - me for authentic pins and mom for scrappers, but she had fun and that’s what counts!

So on that trip, we rode the safari at AK, and as we were exiting I saw a CM with this unique and beautiful pin I had never seen! I ran up to him (of course!) and asked to trade. We ended up talking to him for a while and it turns out he was the head vet for all of Disney and he had these pins made to give to his staff and trade extras to guests! I let him choose from my lanyard but was so bummed that I didn’t have anything nicer on me to trade back to him! Anyway, mom and I had such a wonderful trip and getting to meet this guy and talk to him was definitely one of the most memorable highlights. So this pin will always have a special meaning to me.

d2026e7532fffe10ac076ab64f18d0d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my collection is based on movies I watch with my family. One of our favorite movies is Moana because we love our vacations in Hawaii. When I saw this pin, I had to get it, as it also reminds me of the close bond my daughter has with her dad. I wanted it so much that I didn't even realize that I had gotten multiples of it, as I wasn't entirely sure I had actually gotten it previously. It is one of my favorite pins.
b6b336048bc3e608ef3e7b3b58fb6e37.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I've made so many fun trades over the years, this was an early unique one...

I got this pin
http://pinpics.com/pin.php?pin=52869

at Star wars weekend trading with a jawa. Instead of just showing some pocket junk to trade, we really tried to "sell" the stuff.

A "Liquid storage unit containment device" (bottlecap)
B ship building parts (a couple small legos)
C multi purpose attachment device (key jump ring)
D a coated wire (bread tie - why that was in my pocket I have no idea)

The Jawa seemed very happy with our offerings, and took a while to dig up something "nice". Thought I got a "great deal", but Jawa got the last laugh - turns out is was a scrapper pin! I still think I got the best "deal". Loved it and had it on my pin hat for many trips.

Until Zurg ate my pin hat. I leaned back to hit the target on the ceiling claw and hat went to "infinity and beyond" and lost and found never found it....

That was the first trip we took the daughters boyfriends on, so was a special trip.

I used this for a previous game but it still sorta applies; I was a college program CM and this comes from one of my favorite trading stories. It was a last trade of the night as I was walking to the bus stop at TTC. My group of fellow CP's and I was still in costume with my lanyard on the monorail and a family stopped us I as we got out. The two oldest quickly traded for something, but the youngest was sad that I didn't have anything he wanted to trade for. After promising him a mystery trade but no trade-backs I had him close his eyes, which then had him listening to the gasps of astonishment from family as I reached into my bag to pull out a Jumbo castle pin I got from company D that day. His jaw dropped expression alone was priceless and makes it by far my favorite trading memory.
Pin 25755 WDW Cast Member - Castle Series (Tokyo) 3D
c25a720968c837cf2c3ca69dab0e4741.jpg

My wife and I are both firefighters and huge Disney fans. We visit each year for our anniversary, which just so happened to also be Star Wars Weekends!!! She tolerates my pin obsession, I have a tendency to disappear while we're walking through a park because I spotted a pin :) She had a pin on her helmet until it melted into the plastic during one fire. She now has a leather helmet with a band with pins on the band.

NyFgPbn.jpg

Op 1: We have two pins that are never going to be traded from our collection.
The first is this footprint pin.
aEZ0adX.jpg

It was the first pin our son ever picked out. It was on our first trip to Disney World and he was just a little over 1 year old.

The other one is this Hidden Mickey pin.
TKFUHFf.jpg

My husband was the one who got this pin on our last trip to Disney. While we were at Disney Springs, I went into a few shops to hunt for pins with my niece while my husband pushed the double stroller around near the food trucks. As he waited for me, he must have walked in front of a little toddler girl who was sitting on a stone wall with her dad. She saw my husband’s lanyard as he passed by. Excitedly, she jumped off the wall and ran to him to trade. She was shy and made her dad ask to trade. My husband said she could trade for whatever pin she wanted since they were all traders. She picked one and gave him this pin in return.

Op 1: We have two pins that are never going to be traded from our collection.
The first is this footprint pin.
aEZ0adX.jpg

It was the first pin our son ever picked out. It was on our first trip to Disney World and he was just a little over 1 year old.

The other one is this Hidden Mickey pin.
TKFUHFf.jpg

My husband was the one who got this pin on our last trip to Disney. While we were at Disney Springs, I went into a few shops to hunt for pins with my niece while my husband pushed the double stroller around near the food trucks. As he waited for me, he must have walked in front of a little toddler girl who was sitting on a stone wall with her dad. She saw my husband’s lanyard as he passed by. Excitedly, she jumped off the wall and ran to him to trade. She was shy and made her dad ask to trade. My husband said she could trade for whatever pin she wanted since they were all traders. She picked one and gave him this pin in return.

Oh, I just saw this game and will have to enter . . . however . . . . had to comment . . . Kevin's footprint! I LOVE your special pin!

QMGArlT.png

Here are my pins: the first is Mickey with the periodic table since I absolutely love chemistry! The second is a VMK pin since I loved playing it as a kid and even when the remake came out I played it way too much as well! The third is Tick tock from Peter Pan since it is one of my favorite Disney movies about never growing up which is a mantra I enjoy in my life and even though it is a crocodile I am a Gator!!

Opportunity 1:

This was a bit hard, because I really have three pins that are particularly special and won't go anywhere. So, I'll post photos of all three!
The first is actually a new-comer, but the story behind it is really memorable and special for me. My pin is the new Scratch-and-Sniff Dole Whip:
20200708095303-d1f95bfe-me.jpg

This came about because of another pin, though. While we were at Disney Springs in January, we got to spend a day trading there with our aunt and cousin. We had a great time, and towards the end of the day (it was already dark), my aunt was sitting next to me on the little brick wall in front of "Once Upon a Toy" store. All of a sudden, she starts whacking me in the thigh and yelling "Big pin! Big pin!" A CM in a white shirt (co-ordinator) was walking by with a hip lanyard on. My aunt pushes me up and tells me to go trade. I went over, and the CM was very friendly. There was this really cool Disney Springs Stitch pin, so I traded for it. This was the pin:

46669_big.jpg

I don't collect Stitch, but this had such a good story behind it that I wasn't in a rush to trade for it. Then, my sister and I traded with @Rick195275 and found out that they have a really big and cool Stitch collection. It seemed like a nice pin to offer as a trade. I've only just started getting Dole Whip pins this year, and when the Scents pin was announced, I was really excited. Well, in return for the special Stitch pin, @Rick195275 actually went out of his way to trade for the Dole Whip Scents pin for me! That makes it a really special pin on my board.

The other two special pins are . . .

This Aulani 2019 Holiday Special, because a friend actually stopped at Aulani while on a business trip to get this. She sent it as a Christmas present for me (and Nanea's collection, of course). How special!
20200708095310-9fc68102-me.jpg

And this WDI Rapunzel on It's a Small World was also a gift from a friend. It was my first Hula Girl pin and really was an amazing gift! She had a number of WDI pins and let me pick any one that I wanted!
20200708095317-3240c851-me.jpg

Opportunity 2:

This was easy to come up with. Thankfully, I can use pins that I don't own. I've got one of the three so far . . .

49219_big.jpg

Yep, that's me. Might be considered grown up, but I'm a child at heart. Lizzy and I could wear these pins on our hats every day if we had them, because it sure is true!

10985_big.jpg

Any Ichabod pin would work here (haven't got one of my own yet), because his voice is none other than the amazing Bing Crosby -- my all-time favorite singer/performer!! Can you guess why my forum name?

43912_big.jpg

This pin was just gifted to us, and I'm over the moon! The voice of Willie the Operatic Whale is none other than Nelson Eddy -- my second favorite singer (and the second half of my forum name).

Three pins which represent me:

1) I lived in New York my whole life until last year when I moved to Austin. But I will always be a New Yorker at heart, so I chose one of my favorite NYC pins

2) I have two black cats who are the greatest kitties in the world and I am obsessed with them.

3) I loooooooveeeee puns! So I couldn’t NOT include one!

92f20dc4d5406079e1be5867a67cde6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back