DPF Bingo! (Round #1)

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by NutMeg, Apr 29, 2018.

1. NutMeg

NutMeg I tie my own sandals.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Introducing...

Disney Pin Forum Bingo!

So I’m a big fan of Bingo (yes, I'm an old lady at heart), and have been toying with this idea for months now. I’ve been so busy/stressed that I’ve never actually brought the game to life - in fact, due to this busyness/stress, I’ve had to pretty much take a break from pins (and even sold off some of my traders.) This means my participation on DPF is basically limited to stalking threads and living vicariously through all of your pin activity.

However, DPF is such a “happy place” for me; you guys can always cheer me up after a bad day. I still really want to stay active in some capacity, even if not through pins. So I figure that running this game can be a way for me to continue being involved on the forum, and since it’s pretty easy to manage/play (I mean, it’s Bingo y'all), it won’t be too much extra on my plate, and will serve as a fun distraction rather than a chore.

If you don’t know how Bingo works, then first of all, congratulations on freeing yourself from that rock you’ve been stuck under! I’m surprised you were able to receive pin mail down there. Bingo is a simple game that requires no skill and little effort, yet somehow still manages to be fun.

In regular games of Bingo, every player gets a card like the one below; each card is unique and has different numbers in each box:

[​IMG]
    The person running the game randomly draws letter/number combinations, usually from a spinny thingy that whirls little scraps of paper around (I believe the technical term is "spinny whirly thingy.") Each combination is called out, and if a player has that combo on their card, they mark the box with a plastic chip or stampy thingy (the technical term is “stampy thingy.”) So for instance, if "B14" was called, the person with the card above would mark that box in the upper left corner. The first player to get a row of 5 (either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally), gets a BINGO and wins!!!

In DPF Bingo, however, it works a bit differently. Instead of numbers, each box contains an animated Disney character. Here’s an example of a DPF Bingo card:

[​IMG]
    Obviously, YOUR card must have a different character in each box, but this is just my example, so what did you expect?

The best part is that *you* get to choose the characters on your card! There’s no system involving letters or numbers; if I simply call one of your characters, their box will get marked with a Mickey Head. If you’re the first player to snag 5 in a row, you get to yell out “BINGO!” in a comment and rub it in everyone’s face. Since there are tons of characters in the Disney canon, hopefully we’ll be able to play a bunch of rounds!

Round #1 has started over on page #4!!!
    Round #2 start date: TBD

HOW TO PLAY:
    1. Please read all of the rules listed below before signing up! This is very important.

2. Next, comment here to claim a spot; if there are any available, I’ll add you to the list of Current Players below. If all spots have been taken, or if a round is already being played, you'll be added to the Wait List. Those on the Wait List will be given priority access to sign up for the next round. They will have 3 days to claim a spot, and then sign-ups will be open to everyone else.

3. I will PM you once you’ve been added to the game. Please reply with the names of the 24 characters you would like on your Bingo card. You must send your list before the deadline stated in my PM, or I will not be able to make your card in time. DO NOT POST YOUR LIST HERE!!!

4. The evening before the next round is scheduled to begin, all of the cards will be revealed here, in the post below the Current Players list. Your card will have your username at the bottom. Please check it to make sure that there are no errors. You can’t change your characters, but you can check that it matches your PM.

5. Let the game begin!!! 5 new characters will be randomly drawn every day and revealed here. If any of these characters are on your card, you’ll see their box stamped with a Mickey Head! In order to keep the game moving, if I draw a character that is not on anyone’s card, I will skip over them and draw another, and so on until we get to a character that at least ONE player has selected. Otherwise, this game could drag on forever, and that wouldn’t be any fun.

6. Keep track of the drawings and who’s currently in the lead by checking this thread daily. That’s pretty much all the effort required on your part! The first person to get a Bingo (5 Mickey Heads in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally), wins!!!

RULES:
    1. You can only select characters from the movies listed in the post below. This list has been tailored with the goal of ensuring that all players have a fair shot at knowing the characters that are drawn, while still challenging players to be creative and exercise their Disney Trivia muscles. Please read the notes above the movie list for more information on why some films have been included/excluded.

2. There are over 450 CHARACTERS on my secret list of potential drawings!!! I wanted to make sure we had enough ammo to play as many rounds possible, so this list includes everyone from heroes, villains, princesses, sidekicks, animals, humans, supernatural beings, anthropomorphic objects, major characters, minor characters, and everything in between! So please BE CREATIVE!!! Try not to just choose popular characters; dig deep into your Disney Trivia memory banks and throw in at least a few underrated, oft-overlooked characters. Remember, there are over 450!!! So even if it’s someone you don’t think I would have thought to include, trust me… I probably did. And their number has to come up sometime!

3. The character drawings will be COMPLETELY RANDOM, selected using an online number generator. So even though I featured Meg and Esmeralda on my example card, I promise I won’t be playing favorites! I’ve even included characters from films that I hate, like Cars. In addition, I’ve already ran the number generator to pre-select the first 75 drawings; that way you don’t have to worry about me trying to influence the outcome to favor certain players. I’ll do this again with each round.

4. You must select 24 different characters for each box on your card. No repeats.

5. PM your list to me - DO NOT POST IT HERE OR SHARE IT! The cards must remain secret until just before the game begins.

6. I will create your card with the characters placed in order of how you list them in your PM (top to bottom, left to right.) So if you care about having them placed in specific boxes, be sure to list them in that order.

7. To keep things fair, you absolutely CANNOT change your characters once you’ve PM’ed them to me. So please think carefully and proofread before sending your list.

8. There will be a maximum limit of 20 players per round (subject to change.) This rule ensures that the thread isn’t cluttered with tons of images of cards, and that I don’t get overwhelmed having to update the cards every day.

9. Hopefully there are enough characters to last us for quite a while, but we may get to a certain point where we need to hit the reset button and start “recycling” them. But for now, once a character has been drawn, they’ll be removed from the game and won’t be included in future rounds. Once a round ends, I’ll update the “Eliminated Characters” list below so you know which ones aren’t eligible to include on your card. (This will also hopefully motivate people to be creative!) However, you are absolutely allowed to re-use characters from your previous cards that have yet to be drawn.

10. Rules might be added or adjusted depending on the game’s popularity and how long the average round ends up lasting.

I know that’s a lot of rules for a simple game of Bingo! But ironing out these details makes it much less stressful for me to manage the game; I think these instructions will keep the thread organized, and hopefully they’ve made everything 100% fair. If you have any questions, please ask! And if you think the game could be better improved, don’t hesitate to voice your opinion. I’m not a dictator, haha; if there’s a consensus regarding a change to the rules, I will absolutely make an adjustment. It’s a new game and therefore probably still has some kinks to work out.

A big thanks to everyone who decides to play and be guinea pigs for the first round of my little game! I hope you have fun! :D

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 8:32 PM
  2. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

MOVIE LIST:

Please only choose characters from the films below. This list is limited to Disney’s animated features (no shorts or live-action, with the exception of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, due to its popular animated characters), as well as only MAJOR theatrical releases. This is to ensure that all players have a fair shot at knowing the characters that are drawn. For this sake, I’ve cut some movies that technically fit the requirements, but have pretty much been lost to the sands of time; for instance, Home on the Range is excluded, because seriously, who can name a single character from that film? (If you can, I bow to your Disney expertise.) However, I did include some lesser-known films (such as Meet The Robinsons and DuckTales), because I know they have numerous fans on this forum, and because we don't want to make this TOO easy! Yet while there will probably (definitely) be some surprises, I doubt there will be any characters that absolutely no one recognizes.

All that said, don’t worry too much about cross-checking this list with your selections before PM’ing me; just have fun with it and choose whichever characters you want! If you pick one that’s not from a film on this list, I’ll let you know and you can swap that character out for another. (This will be the only instance where you’re allowed to change your card after PM’ing me.) However, I do recommend that you browse the list to get ideas for characters you might not otherwise think of!

Additionally, although they’re not in any of the films below (except maybe Roger Rabbit, and of course A Goofy Movie), I felt that no Disney character list would be complete without these classic icons: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. So feel free to choose any of those characters as well.

Snow White
    Pinocchio
    Dumbo
    Bambi
    Cinderella
    Alice in Wonderland
    Peter Pan
    Lady and the Tramp
    Sleeping Beauty
    One Hundred and One Dalmatians
    The Sword in the Stone
    The Jungle Book
    The Aristocats
    Robin Hood
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    The Rescuers
    The Fox and the Hound
    The Black Cauldron
    The Great Mouse Detective
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Oliver & Company
    The Little Mermaid
    DuckTales The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Map
    The Rescuers Down Under
    Beauty and the Beast
    Aladdin
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    The Lion King
    A Goofy Movie
    Pocahontas
    Toy Story (1, 2, and 3)
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Hercules
    Mulan
    A Bug’s Life
    Tarzan
    The Emperor’s New Groove
    Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    Monsters, Inc / Monsters University
    Lilo & Stitch
    Treasure Planet
    Finding Nemo / Finding Dory
    Brother Bear
    The Incredibles
    Cars (1, 2, and 3)
    Meet the Robinsons
    Ratatouille
    WALL-E
    Bolt
    Up
    The Princess and the Frog
    Tangled
    Brave
    Wreck-It Ralph
    Frozen
    Big Hero 6
    Inside Out
    Zootopia
    Moana
    Coco

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  3. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Please sign up to play by commenting. Once you’ve been added to the game, I’ll PM you for your characters. If you don’t send me your list by the deadline for the next round, your spot will be forfeited to the next person on the Wait List.

CURRENT PLAYERS - ROUND #1:

1.) @Ksnuggles
    2.) @PixiePost
    3.) @TheMickeyMouseRules
    4.) @watzshakinbacon
    5.) @timeerkat
    6.) @AshleyV
    7.) @pretty Omi
    8.) @CanaDaLE
    9.) @Ventchick
    10.) @raikipins
    11.) @khossler
    12.) @Disneychildwithin
    13.) @lynn99
    14.) @teddy_ruxpin
    15.) @Shelterkat
    16.) @starry_solo
    17.) @LittleBird
    18.) @Tokaji
    19.) @MerlinEmrys
    20.) @Xanaduhaz

If sign-ups exceed the maximum of 20 players, or if a round is already being played, anyone wishing to participate will be added to the Wait List. Those on the Wait List will have the first opportunity to sign up for the subsequent round. You will have 3 days of priority access to claim a spot; after 3 days, sign-ups will be opened to everyone else.

WAIT LIST:
    1. @Mike_Mouse
    2.) @caw caw rawr
    3.) @Booger1964
    4.) @AlaskanMalamute
    5.) @CCofRR13
    6.) @Ajk

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 12:44 PM
  4. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

DPF BINGO CARDS - ROUND #1:

Round #1 has started over on page 4!!!

(in alphabetical order)

CHARACTERS NEEDED FOR BINGOS!:
    The Witch
    from Brave *OR* Basil from The Great Mouse Detective *OR* Mochi from Big Hero 6 (@MerlinEmrys)
    Dumbo from Dumbo (@watzshakinbacon)
    Mittens from Bolt (@LittleBird)
    Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty (@Ksnuggles)
    Sultan from Beauty and the Beast (@timeerkat)
    Aquata from The Little Mermaid (@AshleyV)
    Captain Amelia from Treasure Planet (@pretty Omi)
    Basil from The Great Mouse Detective (@teddy_ruxpin)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2018 at 12:29 PM
  5. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

ELIMINATED CHARACTERS:

These characters have already been drawn, and are therefore removed from the game.

Li Shang
    Sir Hiss
    Mrs. Potato Head
    Maleficent
    Rita
    Cobra Bubbles
    Tiger Lily
    Audrey Ramirez
    Vanellope von Schweetz
    Charlotte La Bouff
    Dr. Dawson
    Cheshire Cat
    Marahute
    Queen Elinor
    Dante
    Jane Porter
    Gus Gus
    Gramma Tala
    Slim
    Beast
    Rhino
    Ellie Fredricksen
    Grimsby
    Celia
    Zero
    Tod
    Trixie
    Cruz Ramirez
    The Muses
    Tick Tock Croc
    Carpet
    Maximus
    Hamm
    Rafiki
    Baloo
    Rajah
    Clawhauser
    Taran
    Daisy Duck
    Kristoff
    Nakoma
    WALL-E
    Frozone
    The Dormouse
    Fauna
    Scrooge McDuck
    Ray
    Bruno
    GoGo Tomago
    Anita Radcliffe
    Gerald
    Oaken
    Monstro
    Princess Atta
    Bambi
    Pleakley
    Lots-o' Huggin' Bear
    Owl
    Sour Bill
    Plumette

Last edited: May 23, 2018 at 12:30 PM
  6. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

WINNERS:

The winning players will be posted here for posterity! I'm currently working on making special buttons, which will be mailed to each winner as a prize!

Round #1 Winner:
    TBD

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  7. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Me... ME... I wanna play

NutMeg likes this.
  8. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    142   0   0

I’d like to play! I love Bingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NutMeg likes this.
  9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

I would love to play too.

NutMeg likes this.
  10. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Count me in! (hopefully I can get a list in by next Monday!)

NutMeg likes this.
  11. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    234   0   0

Yay, I love BINGO! Count me in!

NutMeg likes this.
  12. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Count me in!

NutMeg likes this.
  13. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Oh me!

NutMeg likes this.
  14. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Just to be a smart ass: Maggie, Mrs Calloway, Grace, Buck, Lucky Jack, Alameda Slim and the Willies, Rico, Ollie, Pearl, Audrey, Larry the Duck and that’s the only ones on the top of my head :p

TheMickeyMouseRules and bcol like this.
  15. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I'd love to play. Count me in.

16. Ventchick

Ventchick The DPF Ventriloquist

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I want in!

17. raikipins

raikipins Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

This sounds like fun! I'd like to play. :D

18. khossler

khossler Moana and Toy Story Collector!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I’ll play!

19. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

20. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    131   0   0

I love Bingo! count me in...

21. teddy_ruxpin

teddy_ruxpin Well-Known Member

Rating - 99.6%
    266   1   0

I'd love to play please!

22. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    295   0   0

I'd love to play.

23. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    484   0   0

I'll sign up!

24. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    140   0   0

Fun! I think you're full, but I will happily join the wait list.

25. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

I'll join in!