• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dreams really can come True! 2 out of 6 Holiest Grails achieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreams really can come True! 2 out of 6 Holiest Grails achieved!

Kritter

Carousel Fanatic
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Back in early March, I was contacted by the lovely Vinecote from pinpics, asking if I was interested in some carousel pins he had, when all was said and done we decided on a price and I was so delighted! Finally I was going to get 2 pins from a set I feared would truly never be anything but a fond dream, those were the pins 23955 and 23954 Cinderella and Ariel from the 2003 Disney Auctions Princess carousel set (in their original packaging no less!)! But we hit a bit of a snag when it came to shipping, I couldn't afford to both buy these lovelies and pay to have them shipped with insurance aaaaaalll the way from the UK to Washington state USA. So what was I to do? Well luckily Vinecote was going to be heading to WDW in late April/early May, so he would be willing to bring the pins with them and give them to me there, the only problem was I couldn't afford to fly out to Florida and I had no family or friends who lived out there! Luckily DPF came to the rescue in the form of the magical magician, MerlinEmrys! Merlin was willing to help pick-up these beautiful pins and send them safely back to me here in Washington. It has been a long (and extremely stressful) journey but it was all worth it because in the end, A dream of mine was fulfilled and now I have these two pins in my collection! A BIG thank you to Vincote, DPF, and Merlin for helping me achieve what i believed to be impossible!

image1_zpsalpfrxgf.jpg
image2_zpsi4vgmf0e.jpg
image3_zpsj8mv0kf1.jpg

The hunt continues for the last 4 but for now I am content to admire these two for a long while!

Last edited:
Thank you Kritter for buying from me and I am so pleased that you are overwhelmed by these 2 pins
it just goes to show that there are good fellow Disneypinforum members who can help out with out hesitation.
i purchased these 2 pins when they were released and have many more pins that I am sure that others will like to own.
i would consider ways of getting pins to anyone in the USA or world safely and securely and on time as promised.
Thank you to MerlinEmrys for meeting me on my arrival at Disney springs on my first day.
It was nice to stop and chat with you and I could see that you truly saw the beauty in these pins as much as Kritter did.
If in the future I am in Florida I would gladly meet up again to do a hand over.
It will probably take me a while to sell all of my pins but I would rather they went to people who truly appreciate them.
please feel free to keep in touch
Many thanks
Vinecote

Last edited:
Love this! Good people doing even better things! DPF Rocks!

Like Merlin and others, though I am in VT, if I can ever help get pins here to the states, I am happy being the first stop on a distribution list if we can work out sales, trades etc.

Congrats again on a loverly set of pins! and here is to wishing upon a star ... or four that you can one day complete the set.

What a great story! It sounds like MerlinEmrys has earned a lot of good pin karma. Perhaps Disney will make a whole new batch of Hercules pins just for you!

What a wonderful story! :) This is the reason why I like it here. Everyone is so kind and helpful.

Congrats!! Those are gorgeous, and it's lovely to hear about such kindness in this community. Btw, I'm from WA too. :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back