• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! DSSH BATB EVENT Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always say I don't really collect Princesses , that I'm a Villains guy but after looking through my collection I seem to have a lot of Cinderella & Rapunzel so perhaps another collection is in order :D
Okay it's funny cuz, I told myself I wasn't a Villains girl... and then I took a peek at what I want... XD (I decided I also wanted the darn 13 Event Countdown pins too. Haha!)

YEAH I've accepted it... I collect Villains..
7e75db77a6e8eea66410c2e57fac0e2d.gif

So, you're collecting everyone, but Scar, right? XD

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

7e75db77a6e8eea66410c2e57fac0e2d.gif

So, you're collecting everyone, but Scar, right? XD

Nope. EVERYONE. ;D Don't worry tho. You of course get all Scar priority (if for some reason I get one you don't have!)

Famous last words...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Hahaha my wallet already weeps! WEEPS. I may have to ask you to pick up an Ursula perfume since I'm already heading down this path. XD Assuming of course they do a whole set...

Ok everyone! Invoices are out!

I did mention it in the messages, but please when you pay, make sure to put your DPF handle and what pins you're getting in the note, pay as G/S, and send me your email addresses! That way you'll get an email from PayPal when I ship, as I ship from that website (yay postal scale at work!)

So, a bit of an update for everyone. :)

Didinous has backed out of everything, he didn't seem to understand the pricing. That means the Library pin, and the Belle Silhouette must be filled or we have a "no go" on our hands. :)

I would stay in the coop but the lottery system made it difficult. Plus the pricing on the individual BATB pin set appeared to be off as well. The only pin that should have a premium was the Marquee but the pin Beast and Library markup may have been better with a much smaller markup while the remaining pins were a little higher than cost. I would consider the Library Pin again if the premium was not as high.

I would stay in the coop but the lottery system made it difficult. Plus the pricing on the individual BATB pin set appeared to be off as well. The only pin that should have a premium was the Marquee but the pin Beast and Library markup may have been better with a much smaller markup while the remaining pins were a little higher than cost. I would consider the Library Pin again if the premium was not as high.
Yes, it may SEEM above cost, but I can assure you it certainly is at cost. Once you factor in shipping, Pay Pal fees, Californian Sales Tax, and the event ticket it is at cost. This is, simply put, a very expensive event. :)

I went for the sure thing as well. I got Marquee for $75.00, no lottery chance. I'm getting shattered mirror for $35.00, no lottery chance, Library & silhouettes and mighty tiny's for $180.00. Pricing was way to high, double PayPal, double shipping and then lottery chance.
I went from $75.00 Library to $40.00.
Only my opinion but as I said before, since you were getting something out of this, you should have put something in to attending event and made it first come, first serve on pins.
Sorry you can't go now. That really stinks. :love:

Well, it was first come last year, and it didn't work very well due to some unsavoury forum members. What if some people were at work when I made this thread? Should they miss out on a chance to get the pins just because someone is sat at home waiting in advance? Not to me anyway. :/

If were made this thread to sell all the pins, or to go to the event then maybe then it would have been a good idea to do non-lottery. Lottery seems like the best way for people who aren't constantly on the forum to participate. People have busy lives, and I'd like to understand that before I leave out our busy forum members. :)

I'm just giving you my train of thought for the random drawings. Maybe next time we'll do first come first serve basis. I could also pay my fair share for the things that come with the event ticket, that's a great suggestion!

Anyway, I'll keep this thread up until Sunday evening, if it's not filled I'll close the thread. Thanks to everyone who's participated so far, and thanks for the feedback! :D

If we don't get takers on the last pins, I will refund the money already sent once Ang closes the thread. Thank you everyone who participated. Even if it doesn't get off the ground it's always a learning experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of you did a great job on trying to get this coop off the ground. I also believe you were trying real hard to be fair. What the lottery created in this coop was uncertainty whether you will be able to purchase the pin that you really want. I believe first come first served is really the only way to go. Personally, I would like to try and see your coop work because of all your hard work efforts. As I stated before, the allocation of how the cost was divided for the BATB set just didn't (Not including the shipping, pp fees and other expenses) seem appropriate. It had nothing to do with the extra costs. The individual pin cost separately was approximately $28 ($139.95 /5) each. It was never a question of the fees that need to be added on to the pin purchase. However, some of the sale prices on the pins, including all the fees, are costing $30 total. How do the additional shipping and fees only equal $2.00 more for the $30 pins? That is where I think the discrepancy came from. Regardless, I would like to see your coop work and will put myself back on the list for Belle and Beast Library pin. Hopefully, the last one will be covered to make it work for everyone.

Last edited:
Thanks Disneykins, I really appreciate your o"pin"ion (sorry I had to).

Perhaps for the next event we could do first come first serve, lottery doesn't seem to work amazingly. We could also maybe make every pin the same price no matter what pin it is, that way it's all as equal as it can be. I could see a lot of people signing up simply for the marquee because of this however. I have a lot of ideas running through my mind, so if you have any more thoughts, please let me know!

Xdattax can send you both your invoices when she gets a chance. Thanks everyone, and sorry about the late reply!

Ok, I have a few ideas since you said you'd take them.

The ticket price is $155 for the trading package. For this high of a price with only two of the four sets of pins available (and therefore only two sets to split up the entrance fee with), the fee probably could have been allocated with $85-90 for the BATB 5-pin set and the remaining amount $65-70 for the princess silhouettes. And then sold as sets, rather than individual pins?

If there wasn't enough interest, the fee could have been reduced to $130-135 with the participant going to the event taking the "hit" for $20 to cover the trading event pin, PTD voucher and movie ticket.

There wasn't the same issue with the Animation Celebration event because there were three sets of pins to split up the cost between (14 pins versus the 10 here and the cost was lower at $120).

I think the issue with the pricing for double the PayPal fees and double the shipping is that perhaps the person going should be the one shipping everything out. Personally, I prefer shipping to one person as well, but if it saves each participant $3, maybe they would be happier.

Then you had another DPF'er come in, sell all the pins (except the marquees) at pretty much retail + shipping and then absorbing the entire cost of the event tickets himself.

If you end up going back to a first come first serve, you can always hold the marquee back (price everything else out, minus the marquee) and then when those spots fill, make an announcement as to when you will be releasing the marquee for sale and the price (give a day or two warning to everyone) and then the first person to post AFTER you have released the marquee would get it?

I certainly agree with most of this, Starry. Though I don't think selling them as sets would be good. Only because in this case, there's no way I would buy the set of five silhouettes when all I wanted was the Jasmine one, for example.

I think splitting it is the truest version of a co-op and is certainly what attracted me to this to begin with. :)

Oh, though I'm also not a fan of a first come first serve opportunity when there's only ONE of each pin available. If there are six slots for each pin, sure. But with just one, I think that's less fair or enticing.

Last edited:
I certainly agree with most of this, Starry. Though I don't think selling them as sets would be good. Only because in this case, there's no way I would buy the set of five silhouettes when all I wanted was the Jasmine one, for example.

I think splitting it is the truest version of a co-op and is certainly what attracted me to this to begin with. :)

Oh, though I'm also not a fan of a first come first serve opportunity when there's only ONE of each pin available. If there are six slots for each pin, sure. But with just one, I think that's less fair or enticing.

Unfortunately this is a double edged sword and you have to realize you can't please everyone. You put a lot of work and effort into trying to do it the best way you found possible to be fair to all and I greatly appreciate you! Some will always be in it more for themselves though than contributing to something to help all!

Yes, I agree it is difficult to please everyone especially when those running the coop are trying to do the best that they can to make it fair and equitable for everyone involved. There will always be pins that are considered more desirable than others but unfortunately, that is the simple reality of a coop. Most of it is just luck of the draw and being at the right place at the right time. That happens on sale posts all the time when only there is only one pin available for purchase. Ideally, as MerlinEmrys stated, it would be great if there were several slots available and many received the opportunity to purchase the more desired pins. But, unfortunately, that is not always the case. I still think that the attempt at being open and thinking "out of the box" will only lead to more successful attempts for any future coops. Thank you again for all your hard work and I am pleased to be part of this coop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back