• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH DSSH Trade Event - March 24th, 2019 - pictures added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the "opportunity to pre purchase" LEs talking about the carnival sets or upcoming dssh releases?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is the "opportunity to pre purchase" LEs talking about the carnival sets or upcoming dssh releases?

Are you referring to the original fliers? I believe they mean the carnival sets. If there is some "surprise release", guests get to purchase before it gets opened to the public. Last time, it was the fall Judy pin.

Are you referring to the original fliers? I believe they mean the carnival sets. If there is some "surprise release", guests get to purchase before it gets opened to the public. Last time, it was the fall Judy pin.
Ok cool, thanks!

Has anyone here pulled a pin that was never released?

I saw on Instagram that someone pulled a pin of a never released sugar rush racers pin at the WiR event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it 1 Pin a board or 2 pins like Disney Parks?

Regular boards - one pin per board visit, 30 seconds to look. Your first board visit will be determined by the numbered sticker on your event lanyard. (The boards are color coded, so whichever color sticker you have is your first board. Then they pick a random number from 1 to *number of attendees divided by the number of boards* and people line up in number order starting with that random number.) After they've gone through everyone's first board visit, the boards are a free-for-all and you can visit any color board in any order for as many times as you can until they cut off the boards at the end of the event.

PTD boards - one pin per board visit, 5 seconds to look. At the past events, they have had 6-8 PTD boards spread out on two tables with a color wheel in the middle; you spin the wheel to determine color and they will send each person to alternating sides (right, then left, then right, then left) and whatever color you spun is the board on that side that you can look at. They have the boards covered so you can't see what's there until your time starts. Usually people towards the end of the line for the first trade opportunity will try the PTD boards first before getting in line for their normal board pick since the normal board pick can take awhile and the PTD boards go quickly.

Backpack ready...
4ecc516b25288d5ff9a8b489896fda9d.jpg

Regular boards - one pin per board visit, 30 seconds to look. Your first board visit will be determined by the numbered sticker on your event lanyard. (The boards are color coded, so whichever color sticker you have is your first board. Then they pick a random number from 1 to *number of attendees divided by the number of boards* and people line up in number order starting with that random number.) After they've gone through everyone's first board visit, the boards are a free-for-all and you can visit any color board in any order for as many times as you can until they cut off the boards at the end of the event.

PTD boards - one pin per board visit, 5 seconds to look. At the past events, they have had 6-8 PTD boards spread out on two tables with a color wheel in the middle; you spin the wheel to determine color and they will send each person to alternating sides (right, then left, then right, then left) and whatever color you spun is the board on that side that you can look at. They have the boards covered so you can't see what's there until your time starts. Usually people towards the end of the line for the first trade opportunity will try the PTD boards first before getting in line for their normal board pick since the normal board pick can take awhile and the PTD boards go quickly.
Thank you! That’s informative. Do you know how many times you can visit ptd boards?

Both types of boards are unlimited visits, though with the PTD boards the "good" ones go pretty quickly and most of the time they're filled with the lower level ones that people have traded in. Each PTD board is a very small (less than 1' square) cork board that holds about 10-12 PTDs on it, so a lot fewer options to find a hidden gem than the much larger general trade boards that can hold hundreds of pins.

Also, my tip for trading at the big boards - the board can be overwhelming and it can be easy to lose track of a pin you're interested in while you look across the rest of the board. So if you notice a pin you like, point at it while you browse the rest of the board. You don't have to make your final decision until the time is up, so this way you're less likely to miss the pin you want because you can't find it again when they ask which one you'd like.

Okay, haven't seen anything about lunch planning. So... would love to sit with other DPF members at lunch. Who's in for lunch? Please reply to this post and I will then add your name to the list below. We will know how many to provide the head count to the DSSH staff seating us (and we will look out for you).

Joining DPF table(s) for lunch:
1) TheMickeyMouseRules
2) Killerslayer
3) Watzshakinbacon
4) ItzaPinFan
5) TheMickeyMouseRules Daughter
6) Pincrazy
7) Tiffychann
8) PinTraderSam
9) Wife of PinTraderSam
10) Sortlora
11)
12)
13)
14)

Last edited:
Okay, haven't seen anything about lunch planning. So... would love to sit with other DPF members at lunch. Who's in for lunch? Please reply to this post and I will then add your name to the list below. We will know how many to provide the head count to the DSSH staff seating us (and we will look out for you).

Joining DPF table for lunch:
1) TheMickeyMouseRules
2)
3)
4)

Me plz

Joining DPF table for lunch:
1) TheMickeyMouseRules
2) Killerslayer
3) Watzshakinbacon
4)

Are there only 4 ppl per table? @pincrazy will also be attending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back