• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fake pin Jessica as Marilyn :(.... It's back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake pin Jessica as Marilyn :(.... It's back again

Combatdre

Andres!!
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Just so you all know the same seller that sold me this has posted it again, they are the ones that faked the Jessica costume pins... Beware
attachment.php
The Heel is missing in one shoe, its supposed to have a white heel where the circle is and there is none.

Last edited:
Looking at Marilyn worries me. It seems that the counterfeits are getting better and better.

I am sorry for your bad luck, but thank you so much for bringing this to everyone's attention. I wish you best of luck with your hunt :)

So, another Jess bites the dust ... I can almost hear Queen now.

Between the high quality of some of these counterfeits and the decline in quality control of real pins, it's going to get very difficult to tell the difference.

Sorry to hear that they are fake. I hope the seller is helpful. It would help the pin community to leave appropriate feedback. Best of luck!

Sorry to hear that they are fake. I hope the seller is helpful. It would help the pin community to leave appropriate feedback. Best of luck!

+1

Sorry to hear about your bad pin luck. Hopefully you'll be able to add the legit versions to your collection soon!

Looking at Marilyn worries me. It seems that the counterfeits are getting better and better.

I agree that that is the case. Had Combatdre not pointed out the heel being missing, I would have looked right past it. Now, if I had REALLY wanted this pin, I probably wouldn't have missed it, but to the pin trader who isn't dead set after that pin, it could easily be missed :(

If counterfeits get better and better (and hopefully never, but if they ever become perfect) then we'll all just start buying counterfeits without knowing it. It's a sad thought, but if there is no way to tell the difference between the 2, I'm not losing sleep over what could potentially be an authentic pin :(

The Daisy as Bride of Frankenstein is a fake as well. I purchased this pin from Disney Auctions when it first came out (I love anything Frankenstein) and the back of mine does not have a border also the stamp on back which reads Limited Edition 250 etc. should be straight across the back, not at an angle as photo shows. I've seen this pin on the auction site quite a bit lately for low price and was wondering if it was real. This is really too bad that now so many older pins are being scratched. Sorry to hear about your latest purchase.

We dont want this thread to get buried in discussion's many many pages for all eternity. You might want to request it gets shifted to the comparisons forum so that it stays with other threads of its kind AND wont get buried under new threads of random other topics.

I just wanted to let you know that assuming you purchased it on eBay on October 24 (can't say the name of the seller) that was the second time the pin was put up for auction. That could mean multiple things but one being that the previous owner also thought it was counterfeit and demanded a refund. You should have no problem getting your money back.

Even with the area circled I couldn't tell. It's sad that they counterfeit these things, and worse that people can knowingly trade or sell a counterfeit. Hope it was a mistake in your case.

I got my money back, I purchased this in July and since then it's been sold countless times. I left a bad review, but then the crafty counterfeiter filed a non payment receipt complaint which voided the review. I called ebay and they couldn't do anything about it, they told me to wait it out until the issue cleared so I would not get a bad review. Can you believe that? My part was cleared but the scammer got away with it.

I got my money back, I purchased this in July and since then it's been sold countless times. I left a bad review, but then the crafty counterfeiter filed a non payment receipt complaint which voided the review. I called ebay and they couldn't do anything about it, they told me to wait it out until the issue cleared so I would not get a bad review. Can you believe that? My part was cleared but the scammer got away with it.

Ugh, that makes me so mad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back