• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fakes and scrappers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fakes and scrappers

Mr.Balloonatic

New DPF Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
I know there are many post on fakes and scrappers and how to spot the difference throughout the site, and I also know that we have a policy about not naming and shaming those who carry out those practices.

So I decided to start a new thread, one where we could post pictures of the fakes and scrappers we discover and show pictures of them, so that it will hopefully make others more aware of exactly what we are talking about particularly for those who are not bothered about going to resources like pin pics and reading about the fakes and scrappers there.

I hope other people will find this useful!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Michael.

So here is the first collection of these pins below you will find pictures of the fronts and backs of the pins, followed by a list of what was wrong with the pins.

5969413955_44e161c01d_z.jpg

5969415343_f1538e9c82_z.jpg

5969413309_2cd686ce26_z.jpg

5969973246_048c9ff981_z.jpg

Pin 77202: WDW/DLR - 2010 Hidden Mickey Completer Pin - Princess Hearts - Ariel (PWP) - Silver Back - no black detail.

Pin 69172: DLR - 2009 Hidden Mickey - The Little Mermaid - Ariel - Silver backs - not gold like the rest of the pin in this series, rough edges.

Pin 69172: DLR - 2009 Hidden Mickey - The Little Mermaid - Ariel - Silver backs - not gold like the rest of the pin in this series, rough edges.

Pin 74371: WDW - Mini-Pin Collection - Happy New Year 2010 - Chip Only - Mickey Waffle heads do not extend to the edge of the pin.

Pin 64128: DLR - 2008 Hidden Mickey Series- Armed Forces Collection (Mickey) - Stars around edge not properly filled in.

Pin 51773: DLR - 2007 Hidden Mickey Lanyard - Villains Collection (Maleficent) - no black details around the eyes, small hidden mickey symbol, dull finish.

Pin 55182: DLR - 2007 Hotel Hidden Mickey Dreams Collection - Ariel Splash - detail not properly defined and rough edges on pin.

Pin 66600: WDW - Hidden Mickey Series III - Alphabet Ursula (U) - colours and detail not correct and rough edges around the pin.

Pin 51715: DLR - 2007 Hidden Mickey Lanyard - Silhouette Collection (Mickey) - pin not properly filled around Mickey Mouse face, hidden mickey not defined properly.

Pin 74206: 2010 Mini-Pin Collection - Mickey Mouse Only - edges are rough and back waffle pattern has border around the edge.

Pin 77632: Mickey and Minnie Mouse - Safety Pins (Mickey ONLY) - Rough edges, waffle pattern does not cover back of pin properly.

Pin 1815: Ariel Floating Full Length - colours not correct, details not properly defined, silver back not gold.

Pin 1815: Ariel Floating Full Length - colours not correct, details not properly defined, silver back not gold.

Pin 69514: 'Boxed Set - Villains' - Maleficent - black frame around waffle pattern, the 'y' of disney looks like a 'v'.

Pin 51173: WDW - Hidden Mickey Collection - Monorails (Silver) - dimples in paint and wrong number on back should read 6 of 8.

Pin 66603: WDW - Hidden Mickey Series III - Alphabet Yzma (Y) - flesh colour is pink not purple, rough edges.

Pin 65474: DLR - 2008 Hidden Mickey Series - Bowling Pin Villains - Yzma - earings and lips not coloured correctly, skin the wrong colour.

Pin 65478: DLR - 2008 Hidden Mickey Series - Bowling Pin Villains - Evil Queen - skin is yellow not pink, inside of cape is paler yellow not white, crown is
more green than yellow.

Pin 65476: DLR - 2008 Hidden Mickey Series - Bowling Pin Villains - Jafar - left eye and eyelid have colours reversed.

Pin 65470: DLR - 2008 Hidden Mickey Series - Bowling Pin Villains - Ursula - skin is white not pale green and the conch shell is more brown than yellow.

Pin 65475: DLR - 2008 Hidden Mickey Series - Bowling Pin Villains - Hades - Skin and hair colouring is off.

Pin 68604: CM - MICKEY InspEARations Statue Mystery Collection (Big Cheese Mickey) - not filled properly, rough edges and waffle pattern has a border.

Pin 68602: CM - MICKEY InspEARations Statue Mystery (ESPN 25th Anniversary Mickey) - dimples in the paint and waffle pattern has a border.

Pin 72000: Vinylmation Mystery Pin Collection - Park #2 - Poncho Mickey - colouring is off more yellowish and waffle pattern has a border.

Pin 71997: Vinylmation Mystery Pin Collection - Park #2 - Crossroads of the World Mickey - colouring of globe is off, rough edges and border on waffle pattern.

Pin 54612: WDW - Cute Characters Mystery Tin Set - Dale Only - rough edges, dimples in paint and brown heart under exclamation point.

Pin 82391: Keep on Tradin' Mystery Collection - Chip (Black and White) - enamel paint is flat and scratchy.

Pin 71120: WDW - Character Pop Art - Mini-Pin Boxed Set (Mickey Only) - rough edges, slightly more oval ears, face is oval not round.

Pin 73015: WDW - WDW 10th Pin Trading Anniversary Promotion - Mickey - Deep dimples in the paint.

Last edited:
Good Morning Michael,
A reminder on this subject is always helpful. I also have posted things in the “wrong spot or redundantly” only to find out that “way back in the history of the site” this has already been covered deep in the 30 pages of posts.

However, for all of us newer to this “sport” a reminder to have a vigilant eye and pictorial examples keeps it fresh. I truly appreciate the time and effort the posting took you to assemble. I know in May at DLR we encountered a few of the pins you listed and just last week my husband had the opportunity to spend an evening at DLR and several of the new HM letters he saw where fakes. Again thanks and keep up the good fight.

Liana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back