• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Getting A Bit Worried About An Expensive Disney Pin Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting A Bit Worried About An Expensive Disney Pin Order

leopardpolkadotspots

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I found a pin collector/seller in the USA who was selling some really lovely pins that would top off my Jasmine collection. I have been in contact with her for around a month. She is busy with moving house.

She has a warehouse where the pins were kept and I asked her if she had any others than this pin -
pin17477
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=17815&sid=9153.1306323217.v2 Pin 17477: Jasmine, pink background, yellow frame

A week or two later she found some more Jasmine pins in her warehouse, half of which I had and the following I did not have:

jandacollection.jpg

I immediately responded that I would like to purchase the above pins. I had no response for about a week. Getting a bit fed up with it all, I purchased the one on her website
pin17477
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=17815&sid=9153.1306323217.v2 Pin 17477: Jasmine, pink background, yellow frame
A day or two later she replied saying how sorry she was for the delay and that she is moving houses. I then emailed back saying no problem and we worked out a deal that week to purchase the rest of the pins. She used my debit card to debit the rest of the pins - she sent me an email on Monday 9th May and said that she will be posting them tomorrow, Tues 10 May and will email with the confirmation UPS? number. I never received an email from her and two weeks on, I still have no pins. I paid for insurance as well, so I'm hoping this will cover me.

I emailed her today politely asking if she could tell me when she posted the pins. I am getting a bit worried now as I'm just constantly waiting every morning for this package.

I have just checked my bank account and both orders (the set and the Jasmine pin) have been debited in one transaction on 12 May. I paid $18 for postage and insurance - I hope they are on their way...

I definitely need some pixie dust!

I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Most of the time I have sent to the UK, the people received their pins within about a week. However, I sent to one person and it took about a month until she got it. I had pretty much assumed it was lost and was going to have to replace it. Then, she e-mailed me to let me know it had finally arrived. The next time I was as the post office I said something about it to the clerk and she said sometimes things get hung up in customs for different reasons and that may be what happened. Hopefully your package is on its way to you and will be there soon.

That said, it also sounds as if your seller is a little slow to respond to e-mails. If you don't hear back from her, maybe try to e-mail her again. Squeaky wheel and all. :)

Chloe, sorry to read about this bump in getting your new pins.

It must be so disappointing to finally find rare and old pins, but waiting for them without knowing the outcome.

How did you find her? Does she have an online business or was it Ebay? I hope that you have some sort of buyer protection, you might want to check it with the bank that issued your debit card.

On the other hand, remember my all messed up zap to you? The pin showed up after more than 3 weeks after I had sent it.

I hope she will get back to you soon or your new lovely Jasmine pins will show up one morning.

I got a reply:

Dear Chloe,

You should have received an e-mail that they shipped (it typically takes 2-4 weeks for registered airmail, due to time in customs out of the USA and into the UK). I will doublecheck today on the package to see where it is and get back with you.

Sincerely, Susie

----
I don't understand why I didn't get a confirmation? I responded saying to keep me informed. I hope she does - knowing my luck they will turn up tomorrow lol.

Selen, yes, she has an online website where I found the pins.

Just have to be patient...

Have you tried stopping by your local post office or delivery service who will bring the package to you? I'm asking because, maybe, with the value of the pins involved, is it possible that the package is held up in customs and you have to pay additional fees to claim it?

In any case, I would hold onto all correspondance between the two of you until you have the pins in your possession. Because the pin sale is international, I'd allow for about a month for shipping before pursuing anything in terms of fraud and trying to reclaim your money, but if it comes to that, you're going to want all of the emailed correspondance to support your claim.

I know you wanted pixie dust ... and you've got it ... I do hope you get your pins. But I also wanted to give you some suggestions on how I'd handle what must be a most frustrating and upsetting situation. I hope it all works out for you in the end.

I got a reply:

Dear Chloe,

You should have received an e-mail that they shipped (it typically takes 2-4 weeks for registered airmail, due to time in customs out of the USA and into the UK). I will doublecheck today on the package to see where it is and get back with you.

Sincerely, Susie

----
I don't understand why I didn't get a confirmation? I responded saying to keep me informed. I hope she does - knowing my luck they will turn up tomorrow lol.

Selen, yes, she has an online website where I found the pins.

Just have to be patient...

Umm... registered air mail? Unless she used a third party insurer (or I have missed a major change) Air Mail from the US to Europe can not be insured.

Good news - they arrived today (Typical!!!!)

And they are great. Thanks for everyones help and sorry for being a drama queen, its what I do best lol ! I just got impatient as I've been in contact with her for 2 months and everything was taking forever.

:)

yeah!!! Glad they arrived safe and sound. It's always nerve-wracking when waiting on the post office to deliver your pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back