Giving feedback

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Shelterkat, Nov 9, 2017.

1. momin.ator

momin.ator Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

So basically there is no longer a link in the PM area?

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Ok, here are my thoughts.

1. I don't see a problem linking it to a thread. I did that in all my feedback even prior to the change. However, I do prefer it give me the opportunity to identify the thread with the URL, rather than selecting it from a certain list.
    2. If the transaction is being done all in PMs and not in response to a trade thread - so you're using DPF only as a means of communication via PM - why not take it to email? Or if the transaction goes awry, are you planning on contacting DPF admin/mods/correspondents to fix it when the transaction didn't originate out of a thread?

3. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

It's now under your name. I haven't checked the PM area, but I think there still would be.

4. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    157   0   0

Remember, back in the day when we had links to our Pinpics Wants / Trades under our usernames? Most of my trades made here back then, originated from that and not a specific thread. So I can see how that is still a popular option. You see someone's Signature links and find out you have matches. No thread required. But, IMO a valid use of the forum.

However, I can see a possible concern that since there is no other feedback system right now since Pinpics is taking their sweet time incorporating the Dizpins feedback into whatever there doing, that people will start telling traders about using DPF as a feedback system. So trades are arranged on Facebook or elsewhere would come here. And DPF shouldn't have any responsibility for those trades gone awry.

I think perhaps some middle ground could be reached with a new "Post your Pinpics / Instagram Name" thread within the Marketplace, so it would be subject to the minimum posting requirements (assuming the 30 posts, # of days requirements are still in effect).

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Yup, I remember those days. And then the falling out. And then the other database. And then the lawsuit. And then Pin Trading Database.

But back to the question, I never used it to search for matches unless someone posted a trade thread up.

I'm sure there can be some middle ground reached.

6. slbrabham

slbrabham Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I am still having a problem posting feedback. I went to the marketplace and selected the sale thread that started the communication. I did post in the thread. Under the seller's name I selected the feedback button. A place for feedback appeared. The thread line was filled with the thread's URL. I completed the feedback but an error message appears. [​IMG]

What should I do? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. lohofosho

lohofosho Goin' Down the Bayou

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I've done as you suggested, and chosen the feedback button, directly within the thread, and am still getting the same error code popping up...

I love the feedback system that we have built into DPF! But honestly, it feels like jumping through hoops to use it right now, and I am still unable to get it to work. It makes me not want to go through the hassle of leaving feedback at all, despite having legitimate feedback to share.

8. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Maybe there's something preventing it through Tapatalk?

9. Cicada

Cicada Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've completely disabled URL enforcement, so feedback shouldn't have any more issues related to that — I am however, concerned about abusing the feedback system since there isn't any sort of enforcement in place; aside from a restriction of leaving up to 10 feedback every 24 hours.

I don't mind DPF becoming a "feedback resource" for traders — th more the merrier :p so if people want to come here and use it as such, they will have to participate in the forum, as feedback is only available to registered members, AND only to people who are eligible to post in the marketplace. (so, 25 posts, 10 days registered before they can give feedback).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  10. slbrabham

slbrabham Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I used Tapatalk to post the picture after I screenshot it on the actual forum site. Thanks for the suggestion.

11. Shelterkat

Shelterkat Have courage and be kind.

Rating - 100%
    245   0   0

Ok it was working, now it is not. I chose the right thread, and it says "not from this board" LOL:p

12. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    355   0   0

Chiming in here! Hahah! I just tried to leave feedback for someone on my November thread, but I'm getting the same error message as well -- "not from this board". I know this must be super tedious to figure out, but we def appreciate it, Cicada! :)

13. momin.ator

momin.ator Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Just left feedback from the PM area. Thanks.

14. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    355   0   0

@Cicada , another wrinkle! As I went through to leave feedback for the November pickups, I got an error message saying I can only leave 10 feedback in 24 hours. While I understand the need to avoid spamming feedback, that's kind of inconvenient for some of us--as I had 32 packages going out this month, so that would take me four days to leave all the feedback. :( Any thoughts on what alternatives we could have? Thanks!

15. Cicada

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I can up the limit; I think 24/day is reasonable.

16. Cicada

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The limit has been changed to 24 every 24 hours :)

17. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    355   0   0

I think that's perfectly reasonable. :) Thanks so much!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk