• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Announcement GoFundMe started for DPF 2.0 Forum upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement GoFundMe started for DPF 2.0 Forum upgrade

Cicada

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,

I figured I'd start here and get the ball rolling on moving forward with a forum upgrade. I've started a GoFundMe (link below) to cover the initial cost of the forum software upgrade (moving to a different platform), and some extra for any add-ons, extensions, plugins or professional support we may need to get the new forum in the same shape as the current forum.

This current round will cover the forum software upgrade/switch and associated costs only, so if this does well, I will likely do another round, or some other alternative as was suggested in the other "State o the Forum" thread, such as a pin auction or game, in addition to regular donations and site subscriptions, or other monetary support such as paid stickies, etc.

Anything helps! Thanks so much for being a part of this community.

https://www.gofundme.com/disneypinforum-v20-forum-upgrade

you can use this url if you prefer direct paypal donations: https://www.paypal.me/bgateb

i posted in your other thread, but do you have a separate PayPal account set up to take donations specifically? Only because GoFundMe takes 7.9% of the donation as their fee. I know it doesn't seem like a lot

i posted in your other thread, but do you have a separate PayPal account set up to take donations specifically? Only because GoFundMe takes 7.9% of the donation as their fee. I know it doesn't seem like a lot
yes; I do have a paypal people can donate to if they want to do it that way, since yes, there are about 8% fees associated with gofundme. This is why the original $1100-1200 estimate was increased to 1300, to cover the fees they'll take.

Does this GoFundMe have a deadline? I'll likely donate next month if there's no deadline.

I don't believe I set one :) There's no deadline, as whenever it happens is when I'll be able to purchase the new software and look at add-ons to purchase so the site can maintain the functionality it has now.

As it gets closer, I'll probably start a new thread (or even long before) to get some member input on more things they'd like to see on the new forum, to see if add-ons that support those suggestions can be purchased, or custom-made. :)

Hello.

I would be happy to send you a donation via PayPal.

So PLMK what your PayPal account name is.

Thanks advance.

Kind regards.

Li, can you send me the Paypal info too. I'm planning on contributing via my Swagbucks earnings later this month, and that gets paid out in Paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back